• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/03/1954

Light and Darkness is referred more ways than one incident in the Bible.

Can someone help me here as this is what "I hope" to get accross. It look like thus far I am not doing to well or I am not explaining myself adequately.

And the light shines in darkness; and the darkness overcame it not. John1:5

“we say that we have fellowship with Him and yet walk in the darkness , we lie and do not practice the truth ;” 1John 1:6.

I believe in 1 John is for the Christian. So even the Christian can have the light obscured and can't see that something which is of a serious nature when truth is being told to another brother or sister. I know it is sin to put up a wall even for a Christian. But how can we penetrate that sin when one is'nt seeing the light? Is there a verse to show that there is consequences of particular sin activity especially that of abuse or one losing their temper. A typical example is when they use their own surname and say it is "....... trait or fault." I like spacific verses or typical bible reality in either testament but preferably one of Jesus examples or of Pauls examples or teaching. I know sin is sin but sometimes a direct passage can have more impact than saying it's sin to do this or that.

Edited by Phil.b

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  141
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  2

Hi Phil.b,

Firstly there is no such thing in Biblical scripture as Jesus or Paul. Jesus didnt write any of the New Testament but Paul preached what he wrote as received, not from man but from the risen Lord. (Galatans 1) and is endorsed by other writers and apostles (ie Luke in Acts and Peter in 1 Peter)

The battle for Christians is we all fall short in sin, yet through Christ we are forgiven. Through Christ means faith in Him and repentance. ... and it can often be a spirtiual barrier where only the word and prayer can break through. (especially as the truth is foolishness to the world.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/03/1954

1. First I Didn't refer to this in the way you took it - Firstly there is no such thing in Biblical scripture as Jesus or Paul

I said this - "Jesus examples or of Pauls examples or teaching." In otherwords Jesus gave us plenty of examples of his life in the new testament for which we are to live by. Yes, Paul followed Jesus in his teaching but he also gave instructions to Christians.

I certainly agree with this "...and it can often be a spirtiual barrier where only the word and prayer can break through. (especially as the truth is foolishness to the world."

I think now I am getting closer to what I am trying to ask. Yes "Word" and "Prayer" can break through. I believe in prayer emphatically. So what Word from scripture can I refer to when talking to a friend or ralative that is a brother or sister in Christ, of the things that I have mentioned? such as "... Is there a verse to show that there is consequences of particular sin activity especially that of abuse or one losing their temper? A typical example is when they use their own surname and say it is "....... trait or fault." Is there a verse or passage of Scripture of which I can use for the Spirit of God to penetrate to friends and relatives which have the for mentioned problem? Im'e not forgetting that "all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.' "Even Me" But I need some scripture to verify when it comes up in converstation I can refer to it for the Holy Spirit to do His work, not forgetting they may have something for me as well.