IGNORED

Deep Emotion Pain Inflicted by Family unknowingly to them.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

Yesterday, a small group of family members went to the cemetery to see the grave of my late brother, the burial ceremony was not near the grave site because of inter-cemetery road work, so we went yesterday.

After the cemetery when we all went to Piccadilly restaurant to eat, and as usually, I felt like a somewhat dim witted little boy delegated to quietness while the adults talked. I don't know what my major malfunction is. I was unsocialized as a child, ostracized in school and employment; I'm just not good at conversation and sociability and at being a mature, grown-up, adult male, of course I am, but I get that idea of people's perception of me. Coming from family that really really hurts, though they are not to blame, the problem lies within me, I lacked the development that other received growing up, before the first grade I was unprepared socially to meet the world away from home.

I suppose that I have fought for and won a self-image that is better than when in schools and employment, now that I don't work I am somewhat sheltered again, away from criticizing opinions and being talked about. I health issue is at the core of all this, I feel like I am a square peg in a round hole, a misfit. I really feel like one that you pat on the back and say, how are you little boy. If I had Downs Syndrome at least I would be open to people and loving; If I had a wife that would go a long way toward being treated like I was an adult.

No one else is a fault here, but yo solo, I alone.

Monarchy,

Your pain is known and understood. Family when they seem to .....well demean you whether intentionally or otherwise can be quite damaging. It can utterly ruin your own perception of self worth. Remember though, God loves you. He made you in His image and gave His Son, Jesus to die for you. You are special and a cherished child of God. So when you find yourself feeling down in the dumps try to remember this.

I too have family that seems to make me feel odd, out of place, and just...utterly like an outcast or someone incapable of much of anything. God though....He gives me motivation, inspiration, as well as purpose.

Sorry I have no more words than that to give. Will be praying for you.

May God Bless You

Dani

Sometimes The World Grows Strangely Dim

And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,

And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:2-4

In The Eyes Of

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. Romans 8:15

His Child

As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. Psalms 42:1

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

Thanks, AnotherSinner, Fresno Joe, and al else, I know that there is genuine care among our people here.

I Email a couple of my post here to my surviving bother and a cousin who is extremely close to the family and I have yet to hear anything from them. That is not me, I would be right by someones side so felt such a way.

Still believing, trusting, and prasing.

My girl cousin who lives near Boston Mass. just Emailed me and said that I need to see a psychologist and read some books she suggested.

Thanks, AnotherSinner, Fresno Joe, and others, you care and input were very significant to me.

My girl cousin who lives near Boston Mass. just Emailed me and said that I need to see a psychologist and read some books she suggested.

Thanks, AnotherSinner, Fresno Joe, and others, you care and input were very significant to me.

I would recommend seeing only a christian counselor or psychologist. The worldly advice of the lost does not help the believer, and this goes for books also. I'm not saying there's no place for counselors, etc. in the believer's life -- just that decernment needs to be used. Pray and ask the Lord to direct you in finding a counselor, psychologist, or any books that may help. :)

Something else that occurs to me is that we tend to grow apart from our relatives the longer we are away from them. In my family away usually meant "on another continent," and I was pretty much disowned and cut off after I got saved. (This is because we're a military family, and so don't have a home town.)

I would recommend seeing only a Christian counselor or psychologist. The worldly advice of the lost does not help the believer, and this goes for books
Thank you, walla299 for repling. I had my fill of Psychologist's and Psychiatrist's, beginning in the mid-70s, had no effect.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

Dear Monarchy, some of us just aren't socialites. That's ok. :) I'm much more comfortable interacting in intellectual conversation that social chit-chat. I hate parties for this reason. I most often find myself by myself twiddling my thumbs.

There's nothing wrong with you. You just belong to a different part of the body than the mouth. :emot-hug:

Monarchy,

I agree with Nebula's comment above.

I have a similar situation to you in the fact that I have a multi - faith family. Often I am the one too who is sat there at the Big family gatherings just listening. Although my family are essentially agnostic I have relatives from across the board of Abrahamic faiths. This never causes an issue until someone sparks up a debate religion related. I did have someone want to debate the existence of God with me and I didn't allow them to even debate with me as this is one element I wont debate as there is no need to debate for me. This is my definition of Chit Chat and its a waste of time - sometimes people who talk too much have a bigger social issue than those who dont talk at all.

There is nothing wrong with you at all. In my opinion Psychologists can cloud your mind like mad, never over analyze yourself or let anyone else either. There is nothing wrong with you Monarchy :emot-hug: from me!

Edited by freeinnocentspirit

Dear Monarchy, some of us just aren't socialites. That's ok. :) I'm much more comfortable interacting in intellectual conversation that social chit-chat. I hate parties for this reason. I most often find myself by myself twiddling my thumbs.

There's nothing wrong with you. You just belong to a different part of the body than the mouth. :emot-hug:

Monarchy,

I agree with Nebula's comment above.

I have a similar situation to you in the fact that I have a multi - faith family. Often I am the one too who is sat there at the Big family gatherings just listening. Although my family are essentially agnostic I have relatives from across the board of Abrahamic faiths. This never causes an issue until someone sparks up a debate religion related. I did have someone want to debate the existence of God with me and I didn't allow them to even debate with me as this is one element I wont debate as there is no need to debate for me. This is my definition of Chit Chat and its a waste of time - sometimes people who talk too much have a bigger social issue than those who dont talk at all.

There is nothing wrong with you at all. In my opinion Psychologists can cloud your mind like mad, never over analyze yourself or let anyone else either. There is nothing wrong with you Monarchy :emot-hug: from me!

Multi-faith here too with my younger brother and his family (they are RCC). It is not right that my family make me feel so uncomfortable among them, family should be the most comfortable and safe.

Thank you for replying.

I would recommend seeing only a Christian counselor or psychologist. The worldly advice of the lost does not help the believer, and this goes for books....

Thank you, walla299 for repling. I had my fill of Psychologist's and Psychiatrist's, beginning in the mid-70s, had no effect.....

:thumbsup:

The Fathers Of Psychology Were, To A Man, Christ Haters

This also cometh forth from the LORD of hosts, which is wonderful in counsel, and excellent in working. Isaiah 28:29

And At Least One Danced With Demons

Then I will set my face against that man, and against his family, and will cut him off, and all that go a whoring after him, to commit whoredom with Molech, from among their people. And the soul that turneth after such as have familiar spirits, and after wizards, to go a whoring after them, I will even set my face against that soul, and will cut him off from among his people. Sanctify yourselves therefore, and be ye holy: for I am the LORD your God. Leviticus 20:5-7

And Although The World May Point To Talkers And Mockers

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. Colossians 2:8

We Have A Better Way

And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. 2 Timothy 3:15-17

I would recommend seeing only a Christian counselor or psychologist. The worldly advice of the lost does not help the believer, and this goes for books....

Thank you, walla299 for repling. I had my fill of Psychologist's and Psychiatrist's, beginning in the mid-70s, had no effect.....

:thumbsup:

The Fathers Of Psychology Were, To A Man, Christ Haters

This also cometh forth from the LORD of hosts, which is wonderful in counsel, and excellent in working. Isaiah 28:29

And At Least One Danced With Demons

Then I will set my face against that man, and against his family, and will cut him off, and all that go a whoring after him, to commit whoredom with Molech, from among their people. And the soul that turneth after such as have familiar spirits, and after wizards, to go a whoring after them, I will even set my face against that soul, and will cut him off from among his people. Sanctify yourselves therefore, and be ye holy: for I am the LORD your God. Leviticus 20:5-7

And Although The World May Point To Talkers And Mockers

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. Colossians 2:8

We Have A Better Way

And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. 2 Timothy 3:15-17

Amen! Joe. I think. :21: