Ladyhrtlovesu

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  80
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I have a question I'm hoping some of ya'll could give me some ideas on. The elderly lady I take care of just recently got out of the nursing home. Since being home she is enjoying being on her OWN schedule and has been wanting to sleep late. At the nursing home, she had her breakfast at 7am, and her body has adjusted to that schedule. She wants to sleep til about nine, which puts breakfast about 9:30am. I want to accomidate her but as a diabetic, her last meal of the night is six pm and then she eats no sugar added ice cream about nine. This means, she has about a 12 hr space between her significant meal and her breakfast.

Are there any ideas out there for a high protiene low carb snack that does not include anything with cheese, dairy, processed proteine bars, nuts, or vegetables?? (Did I mention she's a picky eater?) NO bread or crackers of any kind because she can't swallow those.

Though I'm looking online, I thought I'd see if anyone here has some ideas. So far, I've come up with deviled eggs, lunch meat roll ups, and fruit cups.

Thanks in advance for the ideas!

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  95

I have a question I'm hoping some of ya'll could give me some ideas on. The elderly lady I take care of just recently got out of the nursing home. Since being home she is enjoying being on her OWN schedule and has been wanting to sleep late. At the nursing home, she had her breakfast at 7am, and her body has adjusted to that schedule. She wants to sleep til about nine, which puts breakfast about 9:30am. I want to accomidate her but as a diabetic, her last meal of the night is six pm and then she eats no sugar added ice cream about nine. This means, she has about a 12 hr space between her significant meal and her breakfast.

Are there any ideas out there for a high protiene low carb snack that does not include anything with cheese, dairy, processed proteine bars, nuts, or vegetables?? (Did I mention she's a picky eater?) NO bread or crackers of any kind because she can't swallow those.

Though I'm looking online, I thought I'd see if anyone here has some ideas. So far, I've come up with deviled eggs, lunch meat roll ups, and fruit cups.

Thanks in advance for the ideas!

Actualy non sugar ice cream is a good thing for a snack before bed. If she was my patient I also would like her to have some peanut butter. She should have her snack right before going to sleep. If she goes to sleep at 10 , 9:45 would be a good time. Don't be too rigid, she will get tired of it and say "to hell with all of this".

Thank you for your suggestion. I like the idea of something with peanut butter, She likes it, but can not have it because she can not swallow it. She gets no sugar added ice cream about 7pm or 8 depending on when she asks for it. Im hoping for things that will keep her blood sugar stable for the length of time she wants to sleep.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

The deviled eggs sound good.

I like to mix peanut butter into my ice cream!

The deviled eggs sound good.

I like to mix peanut butter into my ice cream!

I never would have thought of that! I wonder, if by mixing it into her ice cream, if it would make it a texture she could swallow? I just might have to give that a try! :thumbsup:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

When you try it let me know how/if it worked for her!