MorningGlory

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  221
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

I wonder how Al Sharpton and Jessie will handle that.

By continuing as they always have, more race baiting.

Many years ago, the prominent newspaper in arizona published an article on how journalism has changed. They no longer just report the news. They now feel they have a mandate to alter society and push agendas. All journalists and media. Not just the one paper. They were thrilled at this new purpose to shape society with their news reports.

I took two journalism classes. The high school version was pretty bland and tame. The college version was a bit interesting. The textbook hinted at that.

I read the book "Liberal Bias" (I think was the title) by Jonah Goldberg who discussed what went on in his media career. Put it mildly, his book didn't endear him to the mainstream media.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

This is exactly why I don't trust ANY media source anymore....instead of reporting the news, they attempt to revise it to fit whatever their agenda may be. In this case it was obviously to fan the flames of racial tension in the Trayvon Martin case. His murder (and yes, he WAS murdered) may have been racial, I don't know. But, whatever the case may be, this Zimmerman guy needs to be tried in a court of law, not the court of NBC. IMO, they only fired the producer because they were found out. :huh:

http://news.yahoo.co...-201124740.html

I take it that you were there when it happened? That you were one of the 4 witnesses that observed the attack and Trayvon trying to get Zimmerman's gun? Because that is the only way that you would know for sure that he was murdered. We know he was killed. And when you continually claim to know he was murdered, you are doing the exact same thing you are criticizing the MSM for in this thread. You are claiming you know what happened already and are trying to shape public opinion about it. We know, from witnesses that there was an attack. We know that there was a struggle over the gun. That's all we know. We don't know whether Zimmerman shot Trayvon in self defense, in anger over the attack, or whether Trayvon was simply shot accidentally in the struggle over the gun. Any three of the scenarios are a possibility. The very definition of murder is to kill someone unlawfully with premeditation. You are claiming Trayvon was murdered when you have no proof that he was. Congratulations. You are already on the fast track to becoming a MSM journalist.

Whoever this guy is, if they even actually fired anyone, he is a scapegoat because plenty of people would have known that the 911 call was doctored. It's SOP for the media to do things like that. It's all about the soundbyte. Actual journalism died in the 60's.

I WASN'T there when it happened.....were you? I stated my opinion and I stand by it. And have a nice day. :rolleyes:

Actually you did emphatically claim he was murdered as if it were fact and not merely your opinon. I took it the same way Cobalt did. You don't really know that a murder took place.

Yes, I guess I did emphatically state that he was murdered. Let me revise that to say it's my strongly held OPINION that it was murder. Hopefully, the justice system will get to the truth of the matter.