• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Let's not get personal please.

Lesjude, your assertion that love is equal to casting out demons and healing the sick is a bit amiss. You can deeply love someone without performing miracles or exorcism. Did not Jesus love John?

Jesus loved John enough to train him and empower him to go out and demonstrate the Kingdom Of God and the heart of the Father just as He had done. Loving people is giving them what we have freely received and what a lost and dying world needs just as Jesus did over and over. People do not need sympathy. They need a Jesus that works from our hearts of compassion which is exactly what Jesus did, and told disciples to do. Here is the scripture:

Matthew 10:7-8

New King James Version (NKJV)

7 And as you go, preach, saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand.’ 8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead,[a] cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give.

We have friends and family members who get to do and see the above quite frequently. We are going to see more ourselves. It was only the religious people who opposed these things in Jesus' time.

Please note Jesus does not say preach a denomination or 'non-denomination' but the Kingdom. It seems Christians do not know what this means. The church is in the kingdom but is not the Kingdom.

"Freely" is important to note as well. Jesus was so concerned about finances that he put a thief in charge of the money bag.

The Bible says that denominations are carnal Christianity. 1 Corinthians 1:10-17, 1 Corinthians 3:1-4, and of course Matthew 17:4-5 (good old Peter)It seems he could be counted on for the "straight lines".

Here is another scripture to go with the above:

John 14:12

12 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.

I am not quite sure why Christians do not want to do these things.

It is His will not ours, we serve Him He doesnt serve us.

The Bible says it is His will and says "those who believe" will heal and cast out demons plus John 14:12. Jesus demonstrated it over and over.

No, we are not His servants but His friends IF we do as He commands and we believe and DO what He has made known to us. What part of Mark 16:17-18 and Matthew 10:7-8 is not clear?

John 15:14-15

14 You are My friends if you do whatever I command you. 15 No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you.

Here are some more requirements needful to be Jesus' friend that He "has made known". Note it does not say be a church member, sing in the choir, give 10%, or teach "Sunday School".

Matthew 7:21-24

I Never Knew You

21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’24 Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock:

Jesus of course is referring to Matthew 5, 6, and 7.