IGNORED

Harry Potter?

rejoicevermore

One thing, when I was about 12 years old I started to read the Harry Potter books. I think that is the correct age, maybe a little later I don't know. I am now 18 years old. I know that many of you are going to say "oh he is young, he is nieve." But, I also know more than you think. A lot of you say that Harry Potter is bad but I also think that it is ok if you know the difference between Good and Evil. The books teach about Good and Evil. That is also what the Bible teaches on to be honest. Yes, it teaches more than that but that is the main thing. Voldemort represents the Devil and to be honest Dumbledore would represent God. Voldemort is afraid of God and God is the only one that Voldemort fears. Just like the Devil. He fears God and no one else. So to be honest the books teach more than just witchcraft. I mean, when you were younger you can't say that you didn't watch movies or read books that were fantasy. Every kid reads or read fantasy books. Look at Lord of the Rings you don't see anyone saying that it is bad. But, I mean, Harry Potter is bad if the kid knows the difference between real and make believe. I knew the difference. That is the parents fault for not teaching the differences. They need to know that there are people out there that believe they are true witches and they are good but they get their magic from the Devil. The need to learn that witches are bad. Therefore, it is the parents time to teach their kids all of this. Thanks for listening to me.

Guest jckduboise

He also presents magic and other dark arts that is totally against God. These magical arts were not created by Him. They are evil..we are not to entertain in any way astrology, magic, witches, wigi boards, witchcraft and on and on and on..none of it is of God and we are COMMANDED TO STAY AWAY from those things.

The reason is that they give satan a stronghold into our minds and he then has the ability to work on us. It is dangerous for our soul and salvation no matter how innocent satan would like it to appear. He is the deceiver and you sir are being deceived.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/18/1965

I said this on another site. But Harry Potter is fiction. Nothing in the books is real. There are real witches, there was a coven in a town near my hometown when I was a teenager; these witches mutilated small pets and other animals. I would not compare Harry Potter to that at all.

I think we need to fight real evil and not worry about fiction so much.

Guest jckduboise
I said this on another site. But Harry Potter is fiction. Nothing in the books is real. There are real witches, there was a coven in a town near my hometown when I was a teenager; these witches mutilated small pets and other animals. I would not compare Harry Potter to that at all.

You are right...but can you answer a question...how do you think people come up with this "fiction" and where does all of it originate from...Satan, there are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. If God tells me not to entertain anything that has to do with it be it fiction or not...I for one will NOT entertain it. I would never compare it, it is all evil.

Practice, watch, play any of it involving arts of magic and such are NOT from God. And deceipt is deceipt.......

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  11/18/1965

If it is from Satan, then Satan has been writing literature for a very long time. I suppose he helped with the writing of The Wizard of Oz. I suppose Satan had a hand in the scripts of Bewitched from the 60s and early 70s. I guess every Grimm's fairy tale is Satan enfluenced.

I am not trying to be sarcastic; I am trying to make a point. If you believe Harry Potter stories are from Satan, then you must believe those I mentioned and other stories are Satanic as well. I certainly hope you do believe that those other stories are from Satan, too. I don't, however.

I pray to God to show me the truth, to lead me away from what is wrong.

There is a chance that I am wrong in thinking that fairy tales are harmless, if I am then I certainly hope God (Yahweh) will reveal that to me.

As it stands now, I still think that since they are fiction, they are harmless.

Love in Christ

May God Bless You.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  139
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

You are right...but can you answer a question...how do you think people come up with this "fiction" and where does all of it originate from...Satan, there are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. If God tells me not to entertain anything that has to do with it be it fiction or not...I for one will NOT entertain it. I would never compare it, it is all evil.

Practice, watch, play any of it involving arts of magic and such are NOT from God. And deceipt is deceipt.......

I'm sorry but that's a little ridiculous. They come up with it the same way they come up with any other fiction. They use their imaginations god gave them. You think the matrix has any bearing on reality? How about Did satan come up with that one as well? I'm sorry there's so much anger in this post but god gave J. K. Rowling a gift, and she's bringing joy to millions of children plus she's getting them to read. Do you think any good would come of her writing if satan was involved?

Guest jckduboise

I'm sorry but that's a little ridiculous. They come up with it the same way they come up with any other fiction. They use their imaginations god gave them. You think the matrix has any bearing on reality? How about Did satan come up with that one as well? I'm sorry there's so much anger in this post but god gave J. K. Rowling a gift, and she's bringing joy to millions of children plus she's getting them to read. Do you think any good would come of her writing if satan was involved?

Mr. Dole,

It is okay for you to have your opinion. Nothing wrong with it at all..my question to you and your anger is what source do you base your opinion..something that just came to mind or is it scripturally sound?

Please sir, I only ask that if you are going to engage me in communication you use some civility.

Thank you

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  139
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I'm sorry, the scripture doesn't have anything to say about fictional writings. Perhaps it would if the printing press were around back then? What I can tell you is that the scripture says nothing about it being good and at the same time it says nothing about it being bad. I just have to ask why you think J. K. Rowling is a bad person working for or through the influence of satan when she has done so much good through her literature?

Anyone who practices witchcraft after reading the books isn't practicing anything that is in the books because all of the stuff in the books is fake. The witchcraft people practice has been around long before her books. The witchcraft in her books just doesn't exist. Have you seen many children flying around on a Nimbus 9000? Have you seen any goblets of fire around lately? When was the last time you saw an enchated car flying over your head? If the books were truly the work of satan, he would grant these powers to the people that worshipped him and he'd have a huge army of children following him. There would only have to be one child on a flying broom for all the children to want to be just like him, and then that'd be it, they'd all start to worship satan (and please don't say "Well there's Harry Potter" because again, he's a fictional character, children know he's not real and if they don't you should probably explain that to them.)

Also, aren't fairies related to stuff like harry potter? Does that mean the tooth fairy is an agent of satan? She lures children in with the promise of money. Kids will self mutilate themselves (pull out their loose teeth) for her money. That doesn't sound like anything that the scriptures would support (isn't greed a sin?)

How about the easter bunny? A magical bunny that plants colored eggs for children to find, sounds like the work of satan, where in the scripture does it say anything about the easter bunny being ok? Don't children also get some kind of reward for finding eggs? Doesn't that also feed into the greed of satan? He's luring children in with tooth fairy money and multi-colored eggs.

Guest jckduboise

I am sorry there is no persuasion in your words at all..there is no scriptural backing for your belief but their are for mine.

If you want to know the truth read what is detestable to the Lord in Revelations 9:20-22 and Rev 18 the whole thing.

God does not like magic, witchcraft, wizardry, asrtology and anything that hints to a world of black arts. It is worship of satan and idolatry and that is the bottom line.

God will spit out those who are lukewarm. Please take a closer look at your reasoning and where you are getting the garbage you spoke of. It is not of GOD. It is dark, God is light....Satan is dark, God and satan are enemies.

My friend you are messing in a relm that could destroy you. What seems innocent and okay in the eyes of man and in his opinion is not how God views it. Very dangerous ground.

I know I know, it is just a movie, it was made by someone with imagination, my question is who's imagination was it? And by the way, I never said I did not like the person who wrote the books, I said I do not like magic and what it represents, satan.

There are books out that you can read that give a very vivid explanation of what Spiritual Warfare is about. I recommend you look into them. They may be able to help you with this, more than I can.

Good day :taped: