larryt

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  764
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

I think we can all agree that Christ suffered more than any one ever has. Joseph was close, Job was another who suffered plenty. These are examples of one of the reasons we suffer. Then you can use the blessings, and cursings in The Bible for other reasons why people suffer. We will always suffer the consequences of our sins, but there is no way we can say that all suffering is the result of ones own personal sin. It can however in all cases be said that all suffering is the result of the original sin of our father Adam.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

Bless you saints!

I have not been following the discussion but I

The way this post was presented lead me to believe that the initiator was saying that the "blessing that could be taken from these verses" were also "curses" if one was not fortunate enough to experience them (given the title of this post). With the additional posts made, I have a different understanding of the intent: with God as our focus, no matter what we are "blessed or not blessed with" it is all as it should be/what God intends. Is this correct?

I agreed with Super Jew's posts, wondering if some were saying that those less fortunate (be it physical, etc), was a direct correlation to individuals' lack of faith in God: that's a huge statement and an extreme judgemental one. I am glad this was not the intent, because that can really hurt people's feelings. I am glad I waited for the post to expand.

pip

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

Bless you Larry.

I appreciate your comments and for the most part, I agree with you. On the other hand, our brother Pip's comment is EXACTLY why we should never make any assumptions regarding another person's situation. All we can and should do is pray for them and comfort those hurting BUT we should never assume or judge that they suffer for some unrepented sin whether it is their own or their fathers.

John 9

1  As He passed by, He saw a man blind from birth.

2  And His disciples asked Him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he would be born blind?"

3  Jesus answered, "It was neither that this man sinned, nor his parents; but it was so that the works of God might be displayed in him.

Forgive me if I am repeating anything alreay written. :wub:

Leviticus 26:38, and 2 Chronicles 25:4 may be two different circumstances but I still see the same reference to SIN and the consequences. Regarding the Law of Moses quoted in 2 Chronicles 25:4 and found in Deuteronomy 24:16, I suppose it depends on the