IGNORED

is it sin?

Guest liftedup

Before reading my reply, everyone here needs to understand, AZ is being led by his experience watching a friend die.... Please... instead of offering "opinions".. use Scripture with a compassionate and firm heart... let Scriptures do your talking.. we as Christians know the truth.. so injecting our "opinions" only alienates.... God's Word spoken in love and compassion will act like a percolator... and eventually all the dripping will fill AZ's heart...

Pastor Jeff

"What you feel is who you are"?.... Whoa.... then I guess you believe Scripture lies? Scripture says... so as a man thinks... not feels... repentance is the remedy from erroneous thinking which leads to action.  We are told that the carnal heart is a wicked thing... so this is what a carnal man ends up with: A sensual heart guided by wrongful thinking... leading to sinful conduct.

Scripture says that when we recieve Christ, in baptism we die to the Old Man and put on the new...

AZ... if this is the kind of thing you teach others, then I strongly suggest you read the Scriptures with the blessing of the Holy Spirit..... everything you have said so far is against everything Scripture teaches.

I also worked for 2 years with AIDS patients and have a heart for their anguish... thing is.. if they had Christ before allowing another man to have anal intercourse, filled with a disease that is 100% preventable... sometimes many men.... they would have had life and had it more abundantly.....

There is nothing noble in being a homosexual.... and their is nothing that we as Christians need to accept as far as their conduct and minds which lead them astray.

We are to love them as people and bring them to a SAVING knowledge...

What destroyed Sodom and GOmmorah was pride not homosexuality..... it is the pride of the homosexual community which allows the disease to spread....

If someone tells you having multiple sex partners is dangerous and you do it... what should we expect?

It may sound harsh... but the same goes for married men who lead adulterous lives....

Another thing... for you to say.... "one can't helpas one feels" says that God doesnt know what He is doing and makes mistakes...... If Scripture says that homosexuality is an abomination, then God doesnt create a man with abberant desires... it IS environmental... and the proof of that is the 1,000s of homosexauls who come out of the lifestyle after counseling and spiritual development....

If 1 can change.... if 100 can change... if 1000 can change... then all can change...

Pastor Jeff

Respectfully, we, as beleivers choose to follow Christ.

If by my statements you thought I was suggesting you did not choose to follow Jesus I am sorry. That was not the intent of my statement.

You can choose to take actions. But you cannot choose what you feel. Could you choose not to love Jesus? I can't imagine how you would go about it. What you feel is who you are. It can change over time as your experiences change but it is not something you can directly choose.

Now in regards to my comments a homosexual cannot choose to not be attracted to whatever they are attracted to. They can choose whether to act upon their attractions. And the basis of that choice is dependent on the issues and factors that they believe guide such questions of morality. If they believe that acting on their homosexual inclinations is against the will of God then it is a choice they must deal with. But whether they are attracted to a person of the same sex is not a thing they can choose anymore than you or I could choose to change who we are attracted to.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Any Christian who reads the Bible will know that homosexual behavior is a sin.

And any sexual behavior outside of marriage is also a sin. Hate, stealing are all sins.

There is alot of sin but with Christs help we stay strong and are not tempted when sin trys to enter our life.

As for Christians who claim it is OK, or you have do what is right for you.

They are not really Christians, since they refuse to accept the word of God.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  407
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

The Old Testament law of Moses is very clear on the sinful nature of homosexuality. For Chapter 18 of Leviticus, the NIV uses the subheading Unlawful Sexual Relations. While subheadings may not be Divinely inspired, they do represent the thinking of the translators regarding the general context of the passage.

Verse 22 speaking specifically of homosexuality: "Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable." In Verse 24-25 of Lev. 18 (NIV), God goes on to explain why general sexual impurity, of which homosexuality is one element, is so "detestable": "Do not defile yourselves in any of these ways, because this is how the nations that I am going to drive out before you became defiled. Even the land was defiled so I punished it for its sin, and the land vomited out its inhabitants." Scripture can't get any plainer than this, on any issue.

The New Testament position on homosexuality is just as strong as the Old Testament. The Apostle Paul wrote this as part of a general denunciation of the sins of mankind, as recorded in Romans 1:26-27 (NIV): "Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion."

God didn't create anyone in direct violation of His own user manual, the Bible. Nobody was born a homosexual. They became one after birth.

Satan has used his demons to contaminate normal, God-given sexual desires. From ancient times, demons have had an intense interest in all illicit sexual behavior. Most idolatrous and pagan forms of worship involve illicit sexual activity, including the classic temple prostitutes. [i am defining "illicit" as any sexual activity which is outside the bounds and bonds of marriage.] Demons have no sexual preference as long as it is illicit: rape, fornication, adultery, homosexuality, incest, child molestation, group sex, bestiality, obscenity -- they love it all. It's hard to tell what is cause and what is effect. Where illicit sex is already practiced, they flock to that site as observers and catalysts. Where it is not happening, they attempt to infest those vulnerable to evil supernatural powers with lust.

People become homosexual when one or more of Satan's demons detected their susceptibility to demonic influence. This susceptibility could have been brought on by any one, or a combination of causes. Perhaps they were drawn into homosexual activity by a same-sex friend who was also troubled by a demon. Or from being molested at a young age. Or perhaps a demon convinced them they were a woman in a man's body or vice versa.

No matter how it happened, the solution, of course, is God. A day by day, hour by hour, even minute by minute reliance on the Holy Spirit for the power to live above the power of sin.

warm regards

-bud