• Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

All I can say is wow!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Why You Really May Need to be Done with Safe: Being a Dangerous Disciple of the Unsafe God

<snip>

The Farmer told me today in the kitchen, me bent and relentlessly scouring with that potent cleaner, that sometimes dangerous is good — when fully understood, when right lived.

That our God would only be safe if He were dead.

But He is the Living Word and His Word is a flashing, double-edged sword and He doesn’t write Himself into neat five-point outlines but He is like the wind — and He speaks in parables that subvert and poetry that ignites and metaphors that jolt and there is nothing safe or small or stiff about Him.

<snip>

And there is so much we don’t understand though we steep ourselves in the infallible Word, that can’t be domesticated and entirely deduced by finite minds in a world where He stretches out the north over the void and hangs the earth on nothing.

<snip>

You can only be marked as safe if you’ve fashioned for yourself a God small and tame.

And what the world desperately needs is more dangerous disciples of an unsafe God.

Read the full blog here

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/22/1984

Really Amazing! With a capital A!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  348
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2

Nebula, I thought this was so beautiful but I was not familiar with Ann Vaskamp, so I clicked on this page and to find out more about her. You can scroll down and read a part she calls 'I believe' it too is so beautiful. Thanks for the post . I bookmarked it so I can read it over again. Enriching.

http://www.aholyexperience.com/ann-voskamp/

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  601
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

Thank you for this Ms. Nebula,

Amen and Amen...

Let the adventure begin again and again...I've thought about this many times...if we would just spend time in His Word...We would see that our Lord was very very adventurous and amazing!!! And to think that The Word says: 1John 2:6 He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked...What Lord? Walk as You walked? But how? You mean spending time with You? In the secret place...in prayer...waiting...and then knowing in our knower it's time to get up because faith without works is dead...what an adventure...