WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  63
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

BTW, the most people with Aids are young babies being born in central Africa and Haiti, from mothers that were either raped or had husbands that were very promiscuous. This did NOT come from a homosexual lifestyle.

Sir, I do believe that promiscuous actives is not limited to just male subjects. By the way, AIDS was first recognized in 1981, it has led to nearly 30 million deaths. It did not come from homosexual lifestyles but it did come from cross-species transmissions. If you doubt my words, pay a visit to CDC...or read the report: Origins of HIV and the AIDS Pandemic.

I doubt if the reader would go out of their way to look up the report so here is short cut to part of it.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....?tool=pmcentrez

In those countries, as I said, it mostly is. I didn't say it was exclusive to that group. Maybe not in NA or Europe. AIDS existed long before 1981, read Romans 1

Any kind of sexual behavior is fornication, God doesn't make a distinction.

Sex was meant to be between a husband and a wife, that is a man and a women, it is sexual misbehavior which is a sin. I do not support homosexual lifestyles.... and I vote NO. Can I stop people from sinning no, but, I can stand up for the vaules I beleive in. If the law allows to men to marry then so be it, however, I would not partake in the event, or aprove of my church leaders marring those in our church.

So you're telling me you support adultery and fornication? Why aren't you protesting about common law marriages. They are against God's word...or are they?

Edited by Stan53

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

BTW, the most people with Aids are young babies being born in central Africa and Haiti, from mothers that were either raped or had husbands that were very promiscuous. This did NOT come from a homosexual lifestyle.

Sir, I do believe that promiscuous actives is not limited to just male subjects. By the way, AIDS was first recognized in 1981, it has led to nearly 30 million deaths. It did not come from homosexual lifestyles but it did come from cross-species transmissions. If you doubt my words, pay a visit to CDC...or read the report: Origins of HIV and the AIDS Pandemic.

I doubt if the reader would go out of their way to look up the report so here is short cut to part of it.

In those countries, as I said, it mostly is. I didn't say it was exclsive to that group. Maybe not in NA or Europe. AIDS existed long before 1981, read Romans 1

Sex was meant to be between a husband and a wife, that is a man and a women, it is sexual misbehavior which is a sin. I do not support homosexual lifestyles.... and I vote NO. Can I stop people from sinning no, but, I can stand up for the vaules I beleive in. If the law allows to men to marry then so be it, however, I would not partake in the event, or aprove of my church leaders marring those in our church.

So you're telling me you support adultery and fornication? Why aren't you protesting about common law marriages. They are against God's word...or are they?

Sir, if you feel the need to insult me by trying to twist my words into a meanning that you want them to mean, then so be it, sexual misbehavior is a sin. Good by Sir!

~~~DKS~~~

In those countries, as I said, it mostly is. I didn't say it was exclusive to that group. Maybe not in NA or Europe. AIDS existed long before 1981, read Romans 1

Sir, if you feel the need to insult me by trying to twist my words into a meanning that you want them to mean, then so be it, sexual misbehavior is a sin. Good by Sir!

~~~DKS~~~

Not at all. I do apologise if I actually did insult you. You tried to make it MORE of a sin than it is and others less than homosexuality. It is NOT. God looks on all as equally sinful.

Edited by Stan53

Most of the AIDS in this country does come from sodomites. What you said neither proves nor disproves where AIDS began. Even so, if it started with queers or heterosexuals, either way, it is spread through various forms of fornication. God told us in his Word that sex is to be confined to marriage, and that is a union between a man and a woman, not two sodomites. If everyone followed God's pattern, we wouldn't have the spread of AIDS.

We wouldn't have a lot of things if we obeyed God. Like prejudice, homophobia, self-righeousness, condemnation, etc...

Using your logic, I guess your country shouldn't allow common law marriages?

They don't honor common law marriages in America. Some states do, after someone is together 7 years, but even then, they don't get the same benefits of someone with a marriage license. Homophobia is not mentioned in scripture. It is a relatively new term that means a fear of homosexuals, and I don't know anyone with such a fear. I never claimed to be good or bad? I just said homosexuality is a sin. Jesus didn't condemn the woman taken in adultery, but he told her to go and sin no more. I didn't condemn anyone. God does that in his word. In the OT, homosexuals were put to death, and in Romans chapter one, they are said to be reprobates. At this point, I don't care if the government recognizes any marriage. We don't need their approval.

Sorry I did not pay attention to the source detail I just posted here. It was about Canadian Law...the following is about American Law and replaces what I did post. Again my apologies for being sloppy.

The tradition of common law marriage was affirmed by the Supreme Court of the United States in Meister v. Moore (96 U.S. 76 (1877)), which ruled that Michigan had not abolished common law marriage merely by producing a statute establishing rules for the solemnization of marriages. Since Michigan did not require marriages to be solemnized, the court held, the right to marry that existed at common law existed until state law affirmatively changed it. The Court held that in order to bar common law marriage, a state's general marriage statute must indicate that no marriage would be valid unless the enumerated statutory requirements were followed.

More at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common-law_marriage#United_States

Edited by Stan53

Most of the AIDS in this country does come from sodomites. What you said neither proves nor disproves where AIDS began. Even so, if it started with queers or heterosexuals, either way, it is spread through various forms of fornication. God told us in his Word that sex is to be confined to marriage, and that is a union between a man and a woman, not two sodomites. If everyone followed God's pattern, we wouldn't have the spread of AIDS.

We wouldn't have a lot of things if we obeyed God. Like prejudice, homophobia, self-righeousness, condemnation, etc...

Using your logic, I guess your country shouldn't allow common law marriages?

They don't honor common law marriages in America. Some states do, after someone is together 7 years, but even then, they don't get the same benefits of someone with a marriage license. Homophobia is not mentioned in scripture. It is a relatively new term that means a fear of homosexuals, and I don't know anyone with such a fear. I never claimed to be good or bad? I just said homosexuality is a sin. Jesus didn't condemn the woman taken in adultery, but he told her to go and sin no more. I didn't condemn anyone. God does that in his word. In the OT, homosexuals were put to death, and in Romans chapter one, they are said to be reprobates. At this point, I don't care if the government recognizes any marriage. We don't need their approval.

Actually that is NOT factual. Common Law marriage is honoured and established in all of America. See the following.

Common law and statutory marriage have the following characteristics in common:

1. Both parties must freely consent to the marriage
  2. Both parties must be of legal age to contract a marriage or have parental consent to marry
  3. Neither party may be under a disability that prevents him or her from entering into a valid marriage - e.g. they must both be of sound mind, neither of them can be currently married (except in Saskatchewan), and some jurisdictions do not permit prisoners to marry.

Otherwise, common law marriage differs from statutory marriage as follows:

1. There is no marriage license issued by a government and no marriage certificate filed with a government
  2. There is no formal ceremony to solemnize the marriage before witnesses
  3. The parties must hold themselves out to the world as husband and wife (this is not a requirement of statutory marriage)
  4. Most jurisdictions require the parties to be cohabiting at the time the common law marriage is formed. Some require cohabitation to last a certain length of time (e.g. three years) for the marriage to be valid. But cohabitation alone does not create a marriage. The parties must intend their relationship to be, and to be regarded as, a legally valid marriage.

Seems a little stricter to declare common law marriage. Wonder why more Christians DON'T do it?

What is your source? In my state, I know someone in a common law marriage, and it wasn't recognized for 7 years.

I checked my source and reposted, sorry. But it is recognized now isn't it and would be today. Just sayin'. All the Christians that want the govenrment OUT of their personal lives and marriage, NOW have an option, which has existed here in Canada for MANY years.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

I live in Maine:

There is no statutory language concerning common law marriage in Maine. A Maine Supreme Judicial Court case states that “common law marriages are not recognized as valid under the laws of the state” (Pierce v. Secretary of U.S. Dept. of Health, Education and Welfare, 254 A.2d 46 (1969).

FYI

I live in Maine:

There is no statutory language concerning common law marriage in Maine. A Maine Supreme Judicial Court case states that “common law marriages are not recognized as valid under the laws of the state” (Pierce v. Secretary of U.S. Dept. of Health, Education and Welfare, 254 A.2d 46 (1969).

FYI

But the supreme court's ruling is..."in order to bar common law marriage, a state's general marriage statute must indicate that no marriage would be valid unless the enumerated statutory requirements were followed."

I don't think it is a matter of the law recognizing them, it is a matter of the law enumerating the exact conditions of marriage.

If someone has been together 3 years in my state, they are not considered married without a license. The problem is that what is going on in Canada is often differen't than how things are done here. Even with regard to polygamy, you have differen't laws in differen't states. The government won't sanction polygamy anywhere, but there are some states where it is illegal for a man to co-habitate with more than one woman at a time regardless, and in other states, polygamy takes place without the government and no laws are broken. That brings up another question of descrimination. I believe the Mormon polygamists have more reason to be upset than homosexuals, as their religious beliefs are being violated.

We on't have states, and the Federal Law governs marriage. In fact Mormons that believe in polygamy ONLY get married ONCE and other wifes just live in the hosue after a certain formality. Non of the Mormon churches officially condone polygamy but there is a sect in BC that flaunts it. The government is looking at a way to deal with it.