LOVE SONGS

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  141
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  2

Yes it helps a lot. Thanks. I need to post in context in future.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

Homosexuality is quite accurately defined as a disordered sexual lifestyle in direct opposition to the declaration of Jesus Christ in Matthew 19 re "man and wife; mother & father." Christians should never refer to homosexuality as "gay" because there's nothing "gay" about it. Homosexuality is jam-packed with "girlie-men" and "would-be masculine" women, a tragic menagerie of disordered individuals hell-bent on being other than what they are. If the entire world is a stage, all of these disillusioned folk are desperately unrehearsed. Their life is one of 'shifting deck-chairs' on the once-illustrious RMS Titanic! Many of them remind this particular observer as off-duty undertakers in a Boris Karloff horror flick! San Francisco requires a thorough scrubbing, yes?

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Hi Lowen,

I took the liberty of editing out any post that quoted you... as you seemed to be asking for it to be removed.

I want to ask a question in general of anyone posting on this thread. What is the definition of success when it comes to managing homosexuality in the church?

Usually when someone struggles with a sin, say adultery, we believe they are living a successful christian life when they are no longer in bondage, and, when they are no longer giving in to their desires. Rarely if ever do we demand that the desire itself dies.

Jesus has never, as far as I am aware, guaranteed us that He will (or that we can, through some action) be free of any temptation to sin. Rather, what He promises is the power to stand under any temptation. As far as I am concerned, that is living a successful life. So if a Christian comes to me, and says, they are struggling with this desire that won't leave, and yet it doesn't dominate their life and nor are they falling into sin repeatedly... then why should I beat them until they confess their desire to sin has left?

I have desires to sin! I think we all do! It is part of this war between the spirit and the flesh. I really think an artifically high standard is set for gays to be rid of all temptation when we don't set the bar that high (and nor does Jesus) for other sins. Yes, we don't want to pretend that desire should be embraced, but let's be careful not to condemn people who are tempted to sin, lest we forget the log in our own eye.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  141
  • Days Won:  2

Usually when someone struggles with a sin, say adultery, we believe they are living a successful christian life when they are no longer in bondage, and, when they are no longer giving in to their desires. Rarely if ever do we demand that the desire itself dies.
Correct. Struggling with sin and even falling short is not the issue. The issue is people in the church promoting the sin. Of course to focus on Christ and sacrificial love is costly, one of the things it costs us is focusing on ourselves, so in this respect the more does that the less one has the desire to sin.

Please continue to pray for me. At the very least, pray that I can be happy just being single all my life, IF for some reason I'm not able to change these feelings....

Michael, You Are Loved

A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity. Proverbs 17:17

And You Are Encouraged

Therefore, my brethren dearly beloved and longed for, my joy and crown, so stand fast in the Lord, my dearly beloved. Philippians 4:1

Praying~!

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Homosexuality is quite accurately defined as a disordered sexual lifestyle in direct opposition to the declaration of Jesus Christ in Matthew 19 re "man and wife; mother & father." Christians should never refer to homosexuality as "gay" because there's nothing "gay" about it. Homosexuality is jam-packed with "girlie-men" and "would-be masculine" women, a tragic menagerie of disordered individuals hell-bent on being other than what they are. If the entire world is a stage, all of these disillusioned folk are desperately unrehearsed. Their life is one of 'shifting deck-chairs' on the once-illustrious RMS Titanic! Many of them remind this particular observer as off-duty undertakers in a Boris Karloff horror flick! San Francisco requires a thorough scrubbing, yes?

Grace

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  148
  • Days Won:  0

I think you will find that it was a letter to The Guradian in 1997 by Peter Tatchell, he was defending a book that had been written.

He later reiterated that he does not condone adults having sex with children;

saying, "My articles arguing for an 'age of consent' of 14 are motivated solely by a desire to reduce the criminalisation of under-16s who have consenting relationships with other young people of similar ages. I do not advocate teenagers having sex before the age of 16. But if they do have sex before their 16th birthday, they should not be arrested, given a criminal record and put on the sex offenders register."

Don't know if this helps hippias.

Yes, it does. Many thanks!