• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/17/1981

I wish that people would stop trying to always pick political parties or groups, or to always be divided by something, and extremist leaning.

Almost all I hear and see today is people who mostly refuse to think about anything, but rather vehemently and violently defend whatever 'group' view they've accepted without even debating properly, or speaking without fallacy. They lash out like Children with temper tantrums defending a lie.These kinds of extremes and attitudes are the very anti-thesis of truth; God's, or anyone elses'. How can anyone be objective when they have entrusted their objectivity to someone else, many times, who never deserves it to begin with? This is foolishness in the simplest form. The only person to trust with that is GOD.

These kinds of attitudes are the very same that scorn anyone outside of their group, their clique, or stereotype. Bias - not understanding. They are the very same that started the holocaust, caused most major wars in history, and also allowed for corruption to root itself into nearly every financial institution alive today. They are also the same of religious extremists, such as those our brave troops face daily. It all starts with such nonsense.

I pray, please, for those of you who may still harbor such ideas, leave them be and trust in God's ideas. I believe he makes them very clear. We can quote whatever is convenient to us from the bible, but thats not whats its for. It's not convenience, it's directions. Should we forget this, what makes us any different from those of evil and the ones we are against? For that isn't God's will at that point, but our own inadequacy to stand on our ideals in the Lord. It's the oldest trick in the book of the Evil One, and in war strategy.

The time is now to stop being something others want you to be for their own ideas, and to start simply being Christians for God's ideas. We must all be united, or how can we look Christ in the face when he comes? Still running about like ignorant fools telling him to have mercy because we were too petty to put aside or own sins? At the one time in the world's course when he needs us the most, we cannot fail him. I hope to any this may apply, you will consider the truths here.

*edited for typos*

Edited by InHeavensService

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

Divide and Conquer is a very effective strategy. So long as we Christians remain divided on our core beliefs, we will be weaker than our adversaries. The Church is weaker now in the US than it has ever been. Blasphemous doctrines have replaced Christian principles.

We are divided on issues of life and death.

We are divided on issues of fornication.

We are divided on issues of coveting.

We are divided on issues of truth.

How can the Church be salt in the world, when a significant part of the Church can't even agree on following the 10 Commandments?

Good post, there will be another Christian Reformation and the flavorless salt will be expunged from the true Church.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  989
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  01/13/1959

Great post InHeavensService. :thumbsup:

Such excellent replies. How wonderful it is to be understood!! Even if I was being a bit brash, my true meaning was seen. For that, i thank you.

To Justin, I thank you for your service! Glad you agree. You spelled it out pretty clear. =)

Very well said, Interplanner; And that is the other edge of extremism, when it is of one idea or people, and then we spiral into a 'presumably justifiable' dictatorship. Which, we both know is bad news, at best.

This is why I said it is crucial to keep it about God, and not what we think of God. When we focus on human leaders, we are misled and grow to accept them as a sort of God role, intentional or not, rather than a chosen intermediary. Another common mistake. It's good and necessary to have trustworthy leaders, but not those who put themselves above God, or subscribe to any such mania, as you so well described.

I thank you both for your thoughtful replies!

.... I believe he makes them very clear. We can quote whatever is convenient to us from the bible, but that's not what its for. It's not convenience, it's directions. Should we forget this, what makes us any different from those of evil and the ones we are against? For that isn't God's will at that point, but our own inadequacy to stand on our ideals in the Lord. It's the oldest trick in the book of the Evil One, and in war strategy....

Yes

Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD. Jeremiah 17:5

He Makes

Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. Jeremiah 17:7

It Perfectly Clear

And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you; 1 Thessalonians 4:11

And Worthy Is Often A Home Fulled With The Sounds Of Passionate Discussion

Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend. Proverbs 27:17

As Well As A Place Of Deep Fellowship

Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity! Psalms 133:1

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

God's will applied every moment and makes humans rules and laws crumble. We who accept God without question become powerful in being humble in His presence.

Blessings

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  63
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I agree with your OP, but we do have a responsibilty to KNOW God's Word and use it on those that try to misuse or pervert it.

See my signature.

I agree with your OP, but we do have a responsibilty to KNOW God's Word and use it on those that try to misuse or pervert it.

See my signature.

An excellent point, Stan. I'd expect nothing less from you. =)

Elaboration is indeed necessary.

I wasn't trying to say that we should never work in such a way for the Lord, as much as that we often walk a very fine line there we have to be careful with. It's very easy for us to be over zealous since our whole heart is for our Lord. I often find many who don't do this properly, and instead spur hatred and disdain, rather than understanding and willingness for others to listen. We have to approach the situation in a way that will defeat the false ideals, not the person. I often find myself struggling with that very problem since I am very devout as well, so I know full well from my own inadequacies.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

Talk about standing on the principles of God, look at Dan Cathy of Chik-Fil-A, and to a lesser extent, all those stand with him. He and his father built their business upon the Word. They support righteous causes with their money. Now every pervert and pervert-lover is defaming Mr. Cathy and his business. He will probably lose some money for standing up for what is right, but he could care less.

This is Magog's army surrounding us and too often, we simply don't see it. Sadly some of the lot defaming Chik-Fil-A and its leadership are pseudo-believers.

When's the last time any of us have had to take one for the team so to speak? There are things we NEED to do and things we don't need to be doing. May God help to know which is which.