• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

Interplanner is theologically more of a historicist than a preterist. A preterist sees the 2d Coming as the events of AD 70. Jack Kelley and the rest of the pre-trib crowd is about as theologically sound as a Swiss cheese is solid. Pre-tribbers are so bloody paranoid that the rapture won't happen when they say it will that they will put down every other sound theological theory of the Parousia or bluster and blather as loudly as they can in the hope of drowning out any other belief but their own. I've experienced it many times both on this forum and other places.

The only standing in the way going on is pre-trib believers standing in the way of more sound theory of the Parousia.

That's really odd. You don't like people denigrating your end-times views, and have repeatedly, and vehemently said so. But you have absolutely no problem making fun of others views when they do not agree with yours. That is called hypocrisy. Your end-times position is a theory. It is not fact and the majority of the Bible actually speaks against your position being viable. Are you ever going to explain to us when the rules for prophecy fulfillment suddenly changed?

So is pre-tribulationism a theory, but its adherents act as if it's the only one out there. The rules have never changed. The RULE is: Scripture interprets Scripture. Revelation is chock full of OT word-pictures. If more people would remember that instead of running to the TV news and the morning paper to try and understand/interpret prophecy, we'd be better off.

And yes, I've decided to give pre-tribs a taste of their own medicine by letting people know there IS more than one teaching on the subject of the end times. I bet they don't like being told they're wrong anymore than anyone else does.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

1 John 3:2 says, “Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.”

John’s statement means it’s impossible to know in any detail the kind of life we’ll be living after the rapture. All we know for sure is that it’s beyond our imagining. Paul said, “No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him” (1 Cor. 2:9).

I read this part. Why do people insist on using 1Cor. 2:9 to try to say things like this? That we can't know. Have they not read 1 Cor 2:10?

1Cr 2:10 But God hath revealed [them] unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

You see, those who have the spirit of God are supposed to know because they search the spirit within them. I came to understand this concept only within the last year or so. I wish I had another 40 years or so to search his spirit and mine it for revelation and truth, unfortunately we don't have that long.

Gary