~esther~

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

I initially thought to go with prophecies 'in general' but that would take ages. I just want to give my son a simple, easy to understand answer (which you cannot really do because the Bible is so vast and amazing you cannot sum anything up in a few sentences). Maybe Revelation would be a good one to provide answers.

I did get a few websites from chat admin, so I'll be looking at those as well.

The tricky thing is explaining these things to an unsaved 17-year old who doesn't want me to fiddle and annoy him with biblical stuff...

Then you can just tell him no. In it's fullness it has not yet happened.

It's one of the toughest books of the bible to understand and some people simplify it so it's easy. For example, saying it has all past. We need to know the Old Testament fairly well and how the New Testament handles the Old to start understanding Revelation.

I've heard it preached that if someone tells you they got it all figured out, run.

Think of it this way. If someone wrote you a description of the most incredible valley they had ever seen. Laying it out the best way they possibly could, a castle to the far west and villages along a winding river as far as you could see, snow cap mountains etc. you really wouldn't grab a hold of the fullness of what the person wrote until you began rounding the bend on a mountain and the valley started opening up before you. Then everything she wrote would come into view and your imagination replaced with reality. You would take on a complete understanding as the real thing reveals itself in all its' grandeur.

The important aspect is to keep reading. The more you know the more you will understand. ...."and none of the wicked will understand, but those who have insight will understand." Daniel 12:10

apokalupsis: The greek word for revelation. apocalypse. "to lift the cover" "a revealing" Your son bringing home his college love for the first time will be an apocalyptic event.

It has been said that what the book of Daniel is to the Old Testament, Revelation is to the New.

I would add Ezekiel and Zechariah as a very close runner up to that statement.