IGNORED

The ultimate proof of Biblical creation and God

bornagain2011

Fallen: Nope. It's against the species.

HisG: Please expand Fallen. I'm interested to find out more.

The survival of the species is always top priority.

Note to Fallen: I always thought Western society had a foundation based on the Ten commandments - murder, theft, adultery...

what say you?

I personally think no religion has a monopoly on morality. You're bound to be living according to what some Holy books will say by coincidence.

Monopoly or not - you simply cannot ignore the connections of Western law and the OT commandments given to Moses.

The Bible (and especially the OT) being thought of as nothing more than a fantasy book, funny how Western society finds these OT commandments realistic enough to build a legal system on.

Fallen: Nope. It's against the species.

HisG: Please expand Fallen. I'm interested to find out more.

The survival of the species is always top priority.

Note to Fallen: I always thought Western society had a foundation based on the Ten commandments - murder, theft, adultery...

what say you?

I personally think no religion has a monopoly on morality. You're bound to be living according to what some Holy books will say by coincidence.

Monopoly or not - you simply cannot ignore the connections of Western law and the OT commandments given to Moses.

The Bible (and especially the OT) being thought of as nothing more than a fantasy book, funny how Western society finds these OT commandments realistic enough to build a legal system on.

Like I said, you're bound to live like what a Holy book says you should be living. Things like "do not murder" and "do not steal" are fairly basic. I don't see what's so impressive here.

Whether you like it or not, you also are bound by these OT laws - unless you're a lawbreaker and never comply. Even though you disregard the Bible, you are adhering to OT commandments.

These ' fairly basic' principles have Biblical origins :mgcheerful:

Whether you like it or not, you also are bound by these OT laws - unless you're a lawbreaker and never comply. Even though you disregard the Bible, you are adhering to OT commandments.

These ' fairly basic' principles have Biblical origins :mgcheerful:

Well I guess we have all the western explorers to thank for for spreading this culture in which we now live in.

Yes, Christianity spread didn't it?

Does it bother you that you abide by laws that have Biblical origins? Well in your case, mythical origins?

Yes, Christianity spread didn't it?

Does it bother you that you abide by laws that have Biblical origins? Well in your case, mythical origins?

Not at all. My personal view is that any Holy book is written by men.

Ah I see - so you give creedence to what the OT commandments say after all?

I understand you now - if it's written by men only (which a lot of folk deem) then that's ok...that means you do give creedence to it.

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Is it morally wrong for any culture to allow the murdered of children or do you approve it "halfway"?

What do you think?

Samuel said to Saul, “I am the one the Lord sent to anoint you king over his people Israel; so listen now to the message from the Lord. 2 This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt. 3 Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy[a] all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.’” - 1 Samuel 15:1-3

God apparently has no problem with the killing of infants if it's in the right context, like revenge. My point in posting this is that it's not like the Bible is free from questionable or confusing killings and other actions. If we think that things like the active killing of infants is always wrong, perhaps we should conclude that we are the immoral ones for thinking that we should never kill infants. Just food for thought.

The problem surely comes from taking small pieces of scripture out of context to prove one's own point. When we perceive the bible as a narrative unfolding of Yahweh's plan rather than as a rule book or mechanical manual then the change from child sacrifice and genocide to animal sacrifice and separation, and then to self-sacrifice and loving our enemies makes sense.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

This is an interesting thread. For the record I believe God is powerful enough to create the universe and speak the cosmos into existence in 6 literal days. I reject theistic evolution.

There is no evidence God formed Adam as a child. He was a fully grown man. Therefore, God could create a Universe that looks older to us (by our measurements) than what it really is.

My personal view is that any Holy book is written by men.

Personal views don't count Fallen - Personal views don't "make it right"...

Last but not least :mgcheerful:

2 Peter 1 v 21: For never has a prophecy come as a result of human willing - on the contrary, people moved by the Ruach HaKodesh spoke a message from God. CJB

Ruach KaKodesh (Holy Spirit)

So think of the laws you obey and contemplate from whom commanded them.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Guys, please.

This is a Christian website, and although the outer court is here for a reason, can we please find another example to forward our agenda save that of killing babies?

Any more of this non productive, and if you really think about it, morally bankrupt discussion, and we close this thread.

Blessings

• Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind." – Albert Einstein.

"God does not play dice." – Albert Einstein.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  730
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/13/1993

This is an interesting thread. For the record I believe God is powerful enough to create the universe and speak the cosmos into existence in 6 literal days. I reject theistic evolution.

There is no evidence God formed Adam as a child. He was a fully grown man. Therefore, God could create a Universe that looks older to us (by our measurements) than what it really is.

Interesting. I would concur that God could possibly create the world in six literal days and an old universe. The question is why? It seems as if that would be deceitful to all the scientists to come and God is by definition (from a Christian perspective) omnibenevolent.

My personal view is that any Holy book is written by men.

Personal views don't count Fallen - Personal views don't "make it right"...

Um... the Bible was written by men HisG... why do you have a problem with that?