IGNORED

The Sabbath

O'Dannyboy

Again, AGREED! And a Jew in Christ is no longer a Jew. "There is no Jew nor Greek, male nor female etc. in Christ, we are one" So, who is the Sabbath for? You said Israel and I agree.

I know it's hard to understand my tone through written communication but I say this with absolutely no contempt.

That is the most ridiculous thing you have ever said.

Now I'm going to test your theory....and see if my wife can make ME pregnant. :noidea:

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  657
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/15/1959

Yod, I venture to say we wont be seeing you then in Ripleys believe it or Not :noidea::o

Guest shiloh357

I am also saying that you are wrong for saying that Yeshua REPLACES the Sabbath, because the Scriptures do not say that. That is something YOU are penciling in.

Now, see, there we part ways and I stand on Colossians 2 that clearly says the Sabbath was the shadow and Christ is the reality.

Yes, He is the reality of the Sabbath but does not follow that He thus replaces the Sabbath. That is not what Paul is saying in Col. 2.

In the church at Colosse, they were being plagued by "Christian" Gnostics who felt that any activity that pertained to the material world was sinful. They believed that the human body was sinful because it is physical, pure and simple. Therefore they did not believe that Yeshua came in a physical body.

They were also opposed to anyone who among the Colossians who celebrated the Festivals or ANY holiday, Jewish or otherwise ,since they sanctified matter, time and space in this physical universe. Speaking specifically of the Lord's appointed times, Paul was telling the Colossians not to let anyone judge them because they observed the Festivals.

The way that passage in Colossians is USUALLY interpreted, is that the Gentiles should not let the JEWS judge them for not keeping the Festivals, Sabbath, etc. That is not what Paul was saying. Paul was telling the Colossians that they should not let anyone judge them on account of their observance of the Festivals, and Sabbath, New Moons BECAUSE they are shadows of which Christ is the reality. He was telling them how important these Festivals are. They are pictures, sketches, shadows of the Messiah, and on THAT basis they were more than justified in observing them since their observance of God's appointed times made them living, breathing pictures of the Messiah Himself, who is focus and fullness of the Festivals and other holy days. Paul was saying the opposite of how he is being interpreted today.

We are not violating our rest in Yeshua if we keep the seventh day of the week Sabbath.

Absolutely agreed!

See, we CAN agree on something!