• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

My family used WIC when my daughter was born. Under Federal Law, all families qualify for medicaid until their child is 1 year old. Our daughter had a feeding tube for months until she finally started to take the bottle. We couldn't have been able to afford the premixed baby formula if it weren't for WIC. It served its purpose. It supplemented our income when we needed the help the most, and we stopped using it when we didn't need it anymore. The program worked like it was supposed to. My wife and I were thankful for the help, and didn't want to abuse the program when we didn't need the help anymore. We couldn't, in good conscience take money, away from a family that truly needed it.

The problem is, there are millions of people that don't have the conscience and values that my wife and I share. They shamelessly exploit those programs, by overusing and abusing them. It puts a burden on society and it takes money away from those that truly need them. If you weren't born wealthy, I am sure there were times in your life that you had to ask for help through a tough patch. The programs were designed to help through those hardships, not foster perpetual dependence.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

The programs were designed to help through those hardships, not foster perpetual dependence.

Absolutely correct, Justin, and it's great that you and your wife moved away from assistance when you no longer needed it.