IGNORED

Why I am a Trinitarian

Lanakila

Don't confuse image with equality.

No, not angels, but -

Philippians 2:5-8 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Amen Timothy!

Jesus is God!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Seeker I am surprised to read this about you, calling yourself Oneness. My hubby and I have been doing some serious study on this, and are heading towards that direction ourselves. This is what got me heading that way: I don't think there are 3 God's in Heaven. I just can't picture Jesus Sitting next to the Father, and the Holy Spirit on the other side of him. Jesus said: I and the Father are one, and that leads me to the idea that Jesus incarnation was God becoming man.The Holy Spirit is inside of every Christian so, how many Holy Spirit's are there? I know there is only one Holy Spirit, but Jesus lives inside of us too. This is very hard to understand guys, and I have been taught the Trinity since before I came to Christ. Only God could do what he did in Jesus, amen. This gets complicated, and I am not a heretic guys, it just that the Trinity is very hard to understand, and I can see the claims by others that we worship 3 Gods.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  572
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Yes, amen William. Jesus is God, just not the Father (from my understanding).

Seeker I am surprised to read this about you, calling yourself Oneness. My hubby and I have been doing some serious study on this, and are heading towards that direction ourselves. This is what got me heading that way: I don't think there are 3 God's in Heaven. I just can't picture Jesus Sitting next to the Father, and the Holy Spirit on the other side of him. Jesus said: I and the Father are one, and that leads me to the idea that Jesus incarnation was God becoming man.The Holy Spirit is inside of every Christian so, how many Holy Spirit's are there? I know there is only one Holy Spirit, but Jesus lives inside of us too. This is very hard to understand guys, and I have been taught the Trinity since before I came to Christ. Only God could do what he did in Jesus, amen. This gets complicated, and I am not a heretic guys, it just that the Trinity is very hard to understand, and I can see the claims by others that we worship 3 Gods.

Hello Sister Lanakila,

I am surprised you are surprised.  I have been fairly open about it in my posts . . . at least I thought so.

Have you read my thread "Justified in the Spirit" ?

I think you and your husband may find it helpful.  But I wish not to detract from this thread . . . I was actually planning on just following it . . . but it seemed slow . . . till today LOL

Peace,

William  :D

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Sorry William I hadn't read that thread you mentioned. The Is 9:6 verse got me too. Jesus is the Everlasting Father, and He and the Father are one in John. While Jesus was on the earth in human form, the trinity was operational, but since his ascention, I am thinking it isn't. Is that they way you get it too?

I pray you and your friend recover swiftly and completely. I am still having some pain directly between my shoulder-blades, but other than that I am doing fine. Thanks for asking.

I thouught that the passage in Isaiah was referring to Jesus fathering eternal life, not fathering himself.

Who sent Jesus (the Son of God)? (God) The Father did.

John 7:16 Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.

Sorry William I hadn't read that thread you mentioned. The Is 9:6 verse got me too. Jesus is the Everlasting Father, and He and the Father are one in John. While Jesus was on the earth in human form, the trinity was operational, but since his ascention, I am thinking it isn't. Is that they way you get it too?

Well . . . sort of.  Read the thread.  It it'll help you at least understand me LOL

I pray you and your friend recover swiftly and completely. I am still having some pain directly between my shoulder-blades, but other than that I am doing fine. Thanks for asking.

I thouught that the passage in Isaiah was referring to Jesus fathering eternal life, not fathering himself.

John 1:1

Timothy, how do you understand the phrase, "Son of God?"