worshiper70

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  436
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  13

Psalms 96:9 Oh, worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness! Tremble before Him, all the earth.

I came across this verse this morning in my studies and wanted to share some of my thoughts on it.

It is good to consider this text in our daily routine and we see here that just the way we live our lives is a very important part of our worship to our Lord Jesus Christ. It goes beyond just songs, and gathering with others for a time on Sunday. It encompasses all we are and all we do. It is our actions in everything we do. It is our relationship with Christ Jesus and others we come in contact with. It is our command to be Christ like.

1 Peter 1:16 because it is written, “Be holy, for I am holy.

Proverbs 21:3 To do righteousness and justice Is more acceptable to the Lord than sacrifice.

It is through our lives that others see what God has done in us. That brings Him glory, (which is due Him) and releases the seed to begin in their lives. We all lead. We lead with our words, our actions, and tolerances. We we establish a standard by which those around us can live.

We do this by the acting upon God's Word.

James 1:22 But be doers of the word, and not only hearers, deluding your own selves.

As we allow it to change and conform us into God's Holy image.

Leviticus 22:31 So shall you heartily accept My commandments and conform your life and conduct to them. I am the Lord.

Philippians 2:13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.

As we allow the Holy Spirit work in us.

Hebrews 12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

As we allow the strongholds and walls to be torn down that we hide behind, and that try to separate us from Our Father. It is through these processes that others see the goodness of God. They see things like hope. They see imperfection and humanity as well. I think a lot of times the thought of surrendering to God can overwhelm non-believers. But if they have a solid pattern by which they see we are not called to perfection, but instead, holiness, then it may be more obtainable to them.

The main point of my writing is this. It is when we submit to being holy as Christ is Holy. When we desire to please God and as we are a witness to the unbeliever. We also fulfill the great commission.

Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.

It is through our obedience to be changed, to become more holy, then our lives bring God glory and therefor it is a true form of worship.

Your thoughts?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  70
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Psalms 96:9 Oh, worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness! Tremble before Him, all the earth.

I came across this verse this morning in my studies and wanted to share some of my thoughts on it.

It is good to consider this text in our daily routine and we see here that just the way we live our lives is a very important part of our worship to our Lord Jesus Christ. It goes beyond just songs, and gathering with others for a time on Sunday. It encompasses all we are and all we do. It is our actions in everything we do. It is our relationship with Christ Jesus and others we come in contact with. It is our command to be Christ like. [Yes, we ought to see the beauty of God's holiness and esteem it greatly. I do not "tremble" before Jehovah-God, for He is my Father, and I have the greatest reverence for Him and His beloved Son, my Redeemer. Israel had need of trembling, for they were never sure of their standing before Him.]

1 Peter 1:16 because it is written, “Be holy, for I am holy.

Proverbs 21:3 To do righteousness and justice Is more acceptable to the Lord than sacrifice.

It is through our lives that others see what God has done in us. That brings Him glory, (which is due Him) and releases the seed to begin in their lives. We all lead. We lead with our words, our actions, and tolerances. We we establish a standard by which those around us can live. [it is interesting that we as "born again" believers are made holy, and yet are called to "be holy". It speaks of our standing and our state. The former is ours by grace through the cross of Christ (if we have received it), and the latter speaks of our state of soul as we walk here below (often in much failure which we need to confess daily - 1 Jn. 1:9-10). As to righteousness, that speaks of our perfect standing and godly walk, whereas "sacrifice" (especially with Israel) was often just ceremonial, and can be with us too when coming to the Lord's supper in a carnal way.]

We do this by the acting upon God's Word.

James 1:22 But be doers of the word, and not only hearers, deluding your own selves.

As we allow it to change and conform us into God's Holy image.

Leviticus 22:31 So shall you heartily accept My commandments and conform your life and conduct to them. I am the Lord.

Philippians 2:13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.

As we allow the Holy Spirit work in us. [Amen!]

Hebrews 12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

As we allow the strongholds and walls to be torn down that we hide behind, and that try to separate us from Our Father. It is through these processes that others see the goodness of God. They see things like hope. They see imperfection and humanity as well. I think a lot of times the thought of surrendering to God can overwhelm non-believers. But if they have a solid pattern by which they see we are not called to perfection, but instead, holiness, then it may be more obtainable to them.

The main point of my writing is this. It is when we submit to being holy as Christ is Holy. When we desire to please God and as we are a witness to the unbeliever. We also fulfill the great commission. [and without Jesus, the Christ of God, in our life we will always fail in our efforts toward God.]

Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.

It is through our obedience to be changed, to become more holy, then our lives bring God glory and therefor it is a true form of worship.

Your thoughts?

[nice verses to contemplate, and how important it is to be in submission and devoted to the Lamb of God --the Lord Jesus Christ. It is in Him that we please the Father and receive His blessings.]