worshiper70

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  436
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  13

According to Fox news: 20 years ago today the first text message was sent! I have only been texting about 12 years myself. I know it has changed a little over the years, but It doesn't seem drastric. I'm sorry I don't have a link to the story, im sure someone could find one.

Has anyone here been texting that close to twenty years??

Be sure to post if you have?

Blessings

Worshiper70

Guest shiloh357

LOL, I have never had a phone that could text. I have never had texting added to my bill. I think that texting is a reversal of technology where cell phones are concerned.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

I've never texted anything. Not once. And I doubt I will until the days of "UR2Kewl!!" textspeek is banned upon pain of death. :happyhappy:

According to Fox news: 20 years ago today the first text message was sent! I have only been texting about 12 years myself. I know it has changed a little over the years, but It doesn't seem drastric. I'm sorry I don't have a link to the story, im sure someone could find one.

Has anyone here been texting that close to twenty years??

Be sure to post if you have?

Blessings

Worshiper70

http://www.thenational.ae/thenationalconversation/editorial/twenty-years-of-texting

I was into Ham Radio as a kid in the '70's. Back then we had "texting." It was called Morse Code . . . :whistling:

There was also a medieval device known as the typewriter, later became the telex (teletype.)

Later there was Internet Relay Chat, or IRC, which is still in use today.

I don't do texting on a cell phone as I see no need for it personally. I prefer using a real keyboard or Morse key (though my code is a bit rusty.) Your mileage may vary. :)