IGNORED

Are You a fundamentalist.........Atheist?

barnabas

Guest YouthPastorMarc
To Elle and YoungPastorMarc:

Artsylady was trying to make a point about how something can still be "morally wrong" regardless of a societies or cultures belief/law/ritual/habit... She pushed the mutilation of little girls question without understanding what she is asking. You've both proven the point that things that are acceptable to given society are considered taboo to another.

As far as comparing the two types of mutilation I would have thought that you were smart enough not to ask such a question. Since I have to spell it out for you here ya go: To a person being killed does it matter if you're head is lopped off or if you are blown to bits, if you bash me on the head with a 10lbs iron hammer or a 5 pound steel hammer does it matter to me, if I saw your arm off with a hack saw or a tree saw is your arm still gone, is one mutilation better than another mutilation?

If you young children don't clean behind their ears should we cut them off for cleanliness purposes or should we teach them how to clean behind their ears?

You can't justify your own offensive practices while condemning someone elses.

Still waiting

-SS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your personal attack on my intelligence does not merit a response suffice to say that, before spelling something out for me, you should learn to spell correctly to begin with. We ALL have flaws, don't we?

You're still comparing apples to oranges, only now you're being ridiculous about it.

Example... not cleaning behind one's ears is much less likely to lead to death (a urinary tract infection that is left untreated can cause death in less than three weeks if the body's immune system is not strong enough to defeat the infection on it's own) or to an onset of gangrene (an unclean foreskin can turn gangrenous in a matter of weeks) resulting in the loss of an appendage.

Whether you consider circumcision as mutilation or not, it still does not compare to that of the removal of a female's genitals for the sole purpose of lessening the likelihood of premarital sex or adultery.

I do not disagree that what is acceptable to one society is considered taboo by another. This difference is what prevents these unacceptable practices to become widespread.

In His Service,

Marc

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest YouthPastorMarc

Ellie,

Slippery Slope's condescending attitude has made all too apparent his true motives for being on these boards... they are indeed not fact finding as he earlier stated.

You and I are created beings, created by a loving God. All people are. To get someone such as SS to realize the error of their lack of belief in God, you would have to get them to question their own existence entirely... a daunting task in itself.

I feel that it is best that we pray for our enemies. Let the Holy Spirit do the rest. It will take a life event to change SS... as it is with many atheistic or agnostic people.

Let's pray for SS and all the other non-believers that have felt it necessary to come join these boards for the wrong reasons. Let's pray that one day they find the Light that is Christ Jesus. Let's pray that they can humble themselves enough to realize their own existence is not an accident... that they were put on this earth for a reason and a purpose, and that they might realize this purpose through the love of Jesus Christ and the blood He shed on Calvary for each of their sins.

In His Service,

Marc

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  197
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

:24: Agreed Pastor Marc, I will be praying, but I am finished with taking SS seriously. He is not here to learn, he has proven he is here to provoke and to ridicule. :wub: In His Love, ellie

Guest YouthPastorMarc
:24: Agreed Pastor Marc, I will be praying, but I am finished with taking SS seriously.  He is not here to learn, he has proven he is here to provoke and to  ridicule.  :wub: In His Love, ellie

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agreed...

Any further rebuttals to SS would be wasting time. I was willing to share my beliefs and discuss both side with SS until he resorted to personal attacks. I will no longer respond to any of his remarks. Should he get out of hand or begin to seriously ridicule Christianity or dare to commit blasphemy, I will leave it to the capable hands of the moderators to remove him from these boards so that his remarks, or the remarks of others like him, don't damage new Christians that may be visiting this forum.

In his Service,

Marc

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  197
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

:24: Amen Brother, amen :wub:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

Closed.

I see no need to continue this thread since the direction is only downhill. I mean, are we discussing the origin of God OR the importance of circumcism? Where did this thread take that turn???? It looks like even my friends Az, Nick and Frog have backed away. My suggestion? I already made it via private message.

Be Blessed,

Wayne