IGNORED

I WANT A GOD THAT WILL TALK TO ME !

Guest Carly49

Guest Carly49

Hi:

No, I DON'T want a fortune teller or the like...I want a God that will talk to me. It's that simple! Jesus wants each and every one of us to have a "intimate" relationship with Him. Well, how can you have a "intimate" relationship with someone if the talking is only one-sided, being I am the only one doing the talking? It's not just asking questions.

Carly

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  923
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/03/1974

Dear Carely,

I'm not sure how it works for everyone, I can only speak from my experience so far.

In the morning, I get up and read the Bible, not too much, usually a verse or two. I don't just read it, but i try and see it before me, does that make sense? I guess it's my way of trying to understand the Written Word.

In the evenings just before i settle down for the night, i pray for lots of things and give praises to him for what he's done for me, haven't gone through a prayer without crying my eyes out since i got saved, i ask our Heavenly Father for understanding of his word and recognition when he is talking to me.

Every day, and i'm not joking about this, every day i will encounter a situation which is relevent to what i was reading about that morning in the Bible, i feel very strongly that this is God speaking to me through his word.

Now you might say, "yes, that's all very well, but it's all a little bit vague, it could apply to anyone of us what your speaking of!"

I assure you that when God speaks directly to an individual child of his, through his Word, they hear his voice.

The Scripture is the Voice of God, prayer is our daily visits to him (just like you would a friend), with these two things in place, you cannot fail to hear him.

Your Sister in Christ Jesus

Anne :thumbsup:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings Carly,

I see that there are already some very good responses to your opening post, but I will add a few things which perhaps may be more technical, but might help explain some of your quandery.

The "human" is made up of three distinct parts - Spirit, Soul and Body.

1 Thess 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

We know from:

Genesis 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

That there is a body/soul connection. The body is just dust, but the "soul" is what gives that "dust" life. The soul is only concerned with the body, its wants and needs and desires. It does not "reach out" from the body to others.

However, we are also given a "spirit", and this "spirit" is what "reaches out" from the body/soul connection. But here often lies the problem. Initially, our "spirit" is very immature, it listens only to what the soul wants for the body. When a baby is hungry or needs it diaper changed, the "soul" speak through its "spirit" to the outside world and tells it of its needs.

As we grow, so does the "spirit" (usually), it begins to take "authority" over the body/soul connection. It may do things which the body/soul does not necessarily want. Fasting is a good example. We are able to "fast" because of the "spirit", and of course our body/soul does not like that one bit. So, it takes an effort on our part to "overcome" the "flesh", that is the body/soul connection.

It is the "spirit" that reaches out to others, to our parents, to our siblings, to our friends and to God. Depending upon the "spirit's" development, it will either become fully mature eventually OR it will remain subservient to the body/soul - to the flesh. God wants us to MATURE and take control of our "natural" body/soul desires and wants. He also wants us to "reach out to others and to God for THEIR benefit, and not just for one's self.

So when you ask yourself/God(?) is your husband going to be home, it is your "flesh", your body/soul that is making this idea manifest to you. The answer to this question will satisfy your body/soul - the flesh. You will find it pleasing when that answer is positive, and if it is not, you will find it unpleasant.

Now we who live "by the spirit", put to death the things of the flesh. We learn to distinguish between what is "soulic", and what is "spiritual" and pleasing to God. We train our "spirits" to respond to God through the reading AND studying of the Word of God, and through prayer and fellowship with other believers.

The things you have been asking for is not beyond God's ability to answer, but you must ask with the "right" motives, you must have determined beforehand "what God's will" is for you. You can't do that if you are only a new born baby and are listening ONLY to what your "flesh" wants. You need to get beyond that and start listening to God.

So does that help at all?

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

Cain,

Interesting reply, but this is not the place to discuss your theories, may i suggest bringing it up in a different forum, it is easy to make wide sweeping statements.

Love in Christ Jesus name

Anne :emot-questioned:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  233
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Hi everyone; :24:

Thre has been some very good advise here!

I have had problems knowing God's spacific instructions; while my wife, through years of pleading on her knee's gets isnstructions for both of us quite often!

It is God who chooses everything; you may get on your knee's for years pleading for clear instruction! But it is the Lord that creates the vessel, and the way of leading each one; because He knows you, and what each one needs ,verses our desires, though He knows them also!

So do all you can to pease Him but do not become disappointed, and hear the advice of (Some here). Because He knows your desire: but the heart is also deceptive, and is motivated by the soulish desires, and that of the flesh, and spiritual enemies!

I usually know when I'm doing His will in the midst of ministering in some situation, or just after, I must trust the Lord, that His word which is in me, and my willingness for His will to come forth, no matter where or what I'm doing!

It's a walk in the Spirit!

After talking to someone, I may realize that the Lord drew words from His Spirit and Word in me, after I have walked away, or durring the time, things are being said that, I would not have said, in my soulish mind or to satisfy the flesh.

Obedience is the Key!

A record of choosing God's path over your own, make you qualify for a vessel He can depend on to speak through His Spirit, when the time comes!

Most people get discouraged, they want quick results, and God to do things at their timing and their way!

They grow resentful towards God, and with a bad inpatient attitude, disqualify themselves for dependale service; but be not easily discouraged!

Many are tested and fail, but this information may help someone to hang in there.

I was sick for many years to bring me to brokeness , humility, and total dependence on the Lord, failing many times, and angry that He wouldn't speak and lead like He does my wife!

Not that I was suffering so much but that I still couln't seem to get that intimacy with Him that would make it all worth it!

He leads each in a differant way, because He knows us better than we know ourselves!

God knew that I would become strong once again in the flesh, and satisfied in the Spirit, if He would heal me at that time, and Give me the revelations of Him I so desired !

I could argue and promise that I would remain low and humble; but the Lord knows me better that I do!

He has given me what I need at this time, not abundant and overflowing, but depending on Him everyday for everything!

If we are willing to Obey all we Know about Him, keep reading and believing His word above what we here in church, or the advice of the merchandiseres of this wicked generation, each time we choose His will over our own, (die to self to please Him), He takes note and begins to prepare us for vessels of Honor!

We do not know for sure at first if the Potter has created us for vessels of honor, destruction, or of common use! But we we remain faithful, and obedient to the end, without doubting or double-mindedness, then we may see us being change and used for noble, yet humble vessels worthy of His use, by keeping ourselves unspotted by the world, and cleansed and repentant in His blood!

In this selfish and worldly world and church system, it is hard to be completely Loyal, and set aside for the Lords perfct will, or even come to the knowledge of it!

But the way is difficult, in that we must be willing to die to ourselves to this life, that the Lord raise us up into newness of life in Him, that we may live in His Spiritual Life, even here and now!

When the end draws near, it will be thoughs who have been through the furnace of trials and afflictions, made pure as silver and gold, who will endure to the end, and recieve protection and guidance!

Those satisfied with a religion, but never really knowing Him or the way of the cross, will fall into deception, and the false sheperds and the one that will come togather them together for destruction will decieve them with lying signs and wonders!

So we must seek always seek to please the one who can deliver us from the deception to come, no matter the cost, that He may have favor on us, and keep us unto the end!

Agape in Christ; Ephraim.

Edited by shammah

Amen Shammah,

Some good advice there..................................can't stay long, I've got to go and work on my "Reticular Activating System," :24: , didn't even know I had one!

God Bless you Carley and may our Heavenly Father guide you each step of the way.

Your Friend in Christ Jesus

Anne :24: