Tinky

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  377
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

"Evolution requires no God" as a scientific theory, nor does the theory of gravity, nor the theory of relativity. I don't understand the point you are making? No scientific theory requires God.

"Science doesn't claim that Evolution = Atheism" - of course not! It is simply not within the scope of science to make any comment whatsoever on the matter. It is Atheists who claim that Evolution = Atheism. It doesn't, though some Christians, foolishly in my view, agree with the Atheists.

I don't personally subscribe to the theory of Evolution as currently postulated; I believe it has some serious flaws. I think that eventually science will come up with a better theory of the process by which God brought living things into existence on earth, culminating in mankind.

Guest shiloh357
"Evolution requires no God" as a scientific theory, nor does the theory of gravity, nor the theory of relativity. I don't understand the point you are making? No scientific theory requires God.

I am simply repeating what atheistic scientists have told me about Evllution. I am simply stating what is conventionally understood in the scientific comminity (most of whom are atheists).   These atheists are not claiming that they see no need for Evolution to have any kind of intelligent causality.

I am making that claim over against the accusation that atheistic scientists claim that Evolution = atheism, when that is not what they are saying.   Those who are claiming that Gold used evolution are assigning this false value to atheists claiming that they are equivocating Evolution with atheism when they are not.   To claim that they are is dishonest.

"Science doesn't claim that Evolution = Atheism" - of course not! It is simply not within the scope of science to make any comment whatsoever on the matter. It is Atheists who claim that Evolution = Atheism. It doesn't, though some Christians, foolishly in my view, agree with the Atheists.

No one is making that claim and thus no one is believing a claim no one is making.  This kind of stuff is why honest debate is not possible.  I have to  spend too much time correcting the false claims being made by others who seem unwililing or unable to correctly frame their opposition's claims.

I am simply repeating what atheistic scientists have told me about Evllution. I am simply stating what is conventionally understood in the scientific comminity (most of whom are atheists).   These atheists are not claiming that they see no need for Evolution to have any kind of intelligent causality.

I am making that claim over against the accusation that atheistic scientists claim that Evolution = atheism, when that is not what they are saying.   Those who are claiming that Gold used evolution are assigning this false value to atheists claiming that they are equivocating Evolution with atheism when they are not.   To claim that they are is dishonest.

No one is making that claim and thus no one is believing a claim no one is making.  This kind of stuff is why honest debate is not possible.  I have to  spend too much time correcting the false claims being made by others who seem unwililing or unable to correctly frame their opposition's claims.

No-one is making which claim?????????

Guest shiloh357

No-one is making which claim?????????

I have never heard any atheist claim that Evolution = Atheism.  I have heard and read their claims that Evolution played a big part in them becoming atheists, but I have never read or heard anyone make that claim before you started parrotting others on this board making that accusation against them.

Will you accept the fact the I have heard that claim? I have participated in other forums where that very claim is made, by Atheists.

Guest shiloh357

Will you accept the fact the I have heard that claim? I have participated in other forums where that very claim is made, by Atheists.

The problem for me is that many of the atheists on this forum are on those other forums, as well and in the 10 years that I have been here, none of them have ever made that claim.  I would think given the hundreds of atheists that have come and gone, such a claim would have surfaced if your accusation of them were true.  

Oh, perhaps a few might have made the claim, but the majority don't and none that I have met in the scientific community make the claim either.  So I am safe in saying that it is not really an "atheistic" claim in the mainstream or on the whole.   I can't discount a few stragglers out there making weird claims like that.  The fact you have heard some make that claim doesn't really mean I need to accept it as representative of the majority of atheists.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,252
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I don't personally subscribe to the theory of Evolution as currently postulated; I believe it has some serious flaws. I think that eventually science will come up with a better theory of the process by which God brought living things into existence on earth, culminating in mankind.

You are already un-foundationed from God's Word ... 'after it's kind' as this removes the very begin of the ToE!  Love, Steven

The problem for me is that many of the atheists on this forum are on those other forums, as well and in the 10 years that I have been here, none of them have ever made that claim.  I would think given the hundreds of atheists that have come and gone, such a claim would have surfaced if your accusation of them were true.

Are you saying I'm lying?

Guest shiloh357

Are you saying I'm lying?

Nn, just that I don't think it is a common or widespread claim given no one on this board makes that claim and no athesist I have discussed the issue with before ever made that claim.  I think you might have heard a few and are embesllishing it to appear more widespread than it really is.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,252
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

There is an important reasoning here Gandalf-

God 'IS' without end and God 'IS' what empowers truth... as this is our reality and that which opposes God is lie and that

being anything outside of His Word suspect of lie-> we could be led down a merry path of error by not establishing this

foundation within us! Notice the theological frame work of God's Word 'IS' through faith alone, unto God alone, by His Word

alone! Simple tenants of morning and evening, after it's kind 'ALL' testified by God alone through His Word alone to Moses! 

Love, Steven