IGNORED

Adam And Eve - Just An Allegory?

Tinky

Guest shiloh357

Enough has been shown in this thread that the ToE is at the heart of the "allegorical" approach to Genesis 1.   Evolution cannot be reconciled with the Bible as written, so a new approach to the Bible has to be championed in order to force the Bible to accomodate Evolution.

The entire "allegorical": approach is NOT about arriving at a correct interpretation about Genesis.  It is not about a search for the truth.  Quite the opposite.  It is a rejection of the truth for the sake of a worldly agenda that seeks to erase the image of God from the earth.

Actually, it is precisely about that! Your dogmatic statements do not really carry authority for those who wish to humbly and genuinely search for truth and enlightenment.

The allegorical approach is not about searching for the truth because "allegory" is not an interpretative method.  To argue that Genesis 1 is an allegory is to misuse allegory.

The truth is that the allegorical method is about supplanting the historicity of Genesis with a nonhistorical version that allows one to dismiss the Bible's record of creation in order bring about a forced reconciliation between Genesis and Evolution.

If anything it is a rejection of biblical truth that is at the heart of the allegorical approach to Genesis.

Sanctification

Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth. John 17:17

~

Enough has been shown in this thread that the ToE is at the heart of the "allegorical" approach to Genesis 1.   Evolution cannot be reconciled with the Bible as written, so a new approach to the Bible has to be championed in order to force the Bible to accommodate Evolution.

The entire "allegorical": approach is NOT about arriving at a correct interpretation about Genesis.  It is not about a search for the truth.  Quite the opposite.  It is a rejection of the truth for the sake of a worldly agenda that seeks to erase the image of God from the earth.

Actually, it is precisely about that! Your dogmatic dogmatic do not really carry authority for those who wish to humbly and genuinely search for truth and enlightenment.

~

Dogmatic

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160

Statements

And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands: Hebrews 1:10

Carry Authority

For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Matthew 5:18

In All The Right Places

For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalms 119:89

Yet Some Insist Jesus

And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: Romans 11:26

Won't Do It

Therefore say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will even gather you from the people, and assemble you out of the countries where ye have been scattered, and I will give you the land of Israel. And they shall come thither, and they shall take away all the detestable things thereof and all the abominations thereof from thence.

And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh: That they may walk in my statutes, and keep mine ordinances, and do them: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God. Ezekiel 11:17-20

Why?

For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. Romans 11:25

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  377
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

Sanctification

Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth. John 17:17

~

Enough has been shown in this thread that the ToE is at the heart of the "allegorical" approach to Genesis 1.   Evolution cannot be reconciled with the Bible as written, so a new approach to the Bible has to be championed in order to force the Bible to accommodate Evolution.

Actually, it is precisely about that! Your dogmatic dogmatic do not really carry authority for those who wish to humbly and genuinely search for truth and enlightenment.

~

Dogmatic

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160

Statements

And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands: Hebrews 1:10

Carry Authority

For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Matthew 5:18

In All The Right Places

For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalms 119:89

Yet Some Insist Jesus

And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: Romans 11:26

Won't Do It

Therefore say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will even gather you from the people, and assemble you out of the countries where ye have been scattered, and I will give you the land of Israel. And they shall come thither, and they shall take away all the detestable things thereof and all the abominations thereof from thence.

And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh: That they may walk in my statutes, and keep mine ordinances, and do them: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God. Ezekiel 11:17-20

Why?

For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. Romans 11:25

Dogmatic statements from Jesus certainly carry authority. But which us genuinely has the same authority? Most of our dogma is mere opinion!

"When I get on my high horse, I usually find Jesus rides off on his donkey"

Dogmatic statements from Jesus certainly carry authority. But which us genuinely has the same authority? Most of our dogma is mere opinion!

:thumbsup:

Yeap~!

For Most Men

The Question Will Remain

Because (IMO) They Tossed The Jew

And They Still Show Disdain For The First Testament Of Yeshua

And Seem Intent To Mock His Grace Toward Israel Until Jesus Returns Back Down To Jerusalem

The LORD also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the LORD will be the hope of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel. Joel 3:16

My Only Question Is When Did My Brother Gentile First Get The Big Notion That Salvation Was Somehow His Birthright

And Is Not All Of The Mercy And The Grace Of A Patient And Long Suffering And Loving God Of Israel

And That Jesus Even Though He Promised To, Just Can't Seem To Save Israel Tomorrow

Just Like He Did Yesterday And He Is Doing Today

Where's The Faith, Where's The Joy, Where's The Love.....

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,186
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

It is the subtle nature of the destruction of foundations: of beginning, original sin, expulsion, flood, Abraham the chosen people of God...

Knowing that from Genesis to Revelation is the completed communication of God with the great seal put upon the fact-

Rev 22:18-19

18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the

plagues that are written in this book; 19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away

his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
NKJV

there is not one place where the will of God has not been satisfied in the recordings... it cannot be seen in the false light of pride but

only with broken heart and contrite spirit does it ring clear the evidentiary truth of eternity!  Love, Steven

Guest shiloh357

Enough has been said? I don't even know what the argument is supposed to be. If the thought is that evolution is shown to be incompatible with the gospel that line of reasoning has never been demonstrated.

Oh, it has been demonstrated.  The fact that you are determined to remain in your unbelief doesn't mean it hasn't been demonstrated.  There is not amount of evidence that could ever be produced to satisfy someone unwilling to be convinced.  

The bottom line is that the Bible is the word of an all knowing, all powerful God who doesn't lie or make mistakes.   Science comes from sinful corrupt fallibile little men.   You can follow them.   I am a Christan,however, and I will believe and trust God.  That's what Christians do. 

The point is that the allegorical method is simply a means of inserting things like gay marriage and evolution through the back door in an attempt to supplant the Bible's authority for man's wisdom.

... I am typically responsive to arguments and evidence if they are convincing and I give them careful thought. I have many weaknesses and vices but that doesn't seem to be one of them. I have repeatedly asked for a clear argument....

~

Typically Clear

And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, Jude 1:14

And Convincing

Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come. Romans 5:14

Or Not

For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 1 Corinthians 15:21-22

Enough has been said? I don't even know what the argument is supposed to be. If the thought is that evolution is shown to be incompatible with the gospel that line of reasoning has never been demonstrated.

~

Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands? Isaiah 45:9

Sure

And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: Ephesians 3:9

Enough

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created. Revelation 4:11

See?

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory. 1 Timothy 3:16

Guest ninhao

I disagree fundamentally that evolution does not glorify God. Evolution suggests that God in his omniscience set the conditions of the universe such that life would arise. That is incredibly impressive, more so in my mind than merely willing everything into existence (although God could do it that way also, taking no time at all). It seems that whether or not some scientific theory glorifies God has more to do with the way individuals understand it and whether they attribute it to God or not. General relativity could glorify God, or not, depending on if you think God is the omnipotent creator of everything or doesn't exist. I think such things are a monumental tribute to God's greatness.

This is interesting. I can see how you may imply it's a more impressive feat to cause a precise end ( creation/man ) using an imprecise path. Maybe precise isn't the correct term. 

Guest shiloh357

Oh, it has been demonstrated.  The fact that you are determined to remain in your unbelief doesn't mean it hasn't been demonstrated.  There is not amount of evidence that could ever be produced to satisfy someone unwilling to be convinced.  

The bottom line is that the Bible is the word of an all knowing, all powerful God who doesn't lie or make mistakes.   Science comes from sinful corrupt fallibile little men.   You can follow them.   I am a Christan,however, and I will believe and trust God.  That's what Christians do. 

The point is that the allegorical method is simply a means of inserting things like gay marriage and evolution through the back door in an attempt to supplant the Bible's authority for man's wisdom.

Not at all, I am typically responsive to arguments and evidence if they are convincing and I give them careful thought. I have many weaknesses and vices but that doesn't seem to be one of them. I have repeatedly asked for a clear argument and got post after post like this, insulting rhetoric.

Your need to get in the last word by insinuating that my loyalty to God is lacking is noted.

You can believe the Bible, OR you can believe in Evolution.  But you can't have both.  The Bible doesn't support Evolution and it is odd that even hard core atheistic evolutionists are more honest about this than you and BFA.   I think it is a sad commentary.

I have provided evidence when requested.  The fact that you don't like the evidence and refuse to acknowledge it doesn't mean it hasn't been offered.

Edited by shiloh357
<<< Removed personal attack >>>