IGNORED

So if I'm young or poor I must abort....

revolutionist90

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  460
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/26/1990

I was reading an article today about a divorced couple in Texas who tried to force their 16 year old daughter to have an abortion. The 16 year old and her boyfriend rallied against the parents and were represented in court to stop the parents from forcing the daughter to abort. The article was very disturbing but the comments were even more disturbing but it is something that is common when involved with abortion:

The fetus will be sacred until it's born. That's when these religious fanatics won't want anything to do with this girl or her child.

I've never understood the money problem to support abortion. Here is the link: http://edition.cnn.com/2013/02/18/us/texas-abortion-teen-lawsuit

It is like saying if you are poor you should abort or place the baby up for adoption which is straight up asinine to me. Why should I have to abort my child because I don't make as much money as someone else? (I'm not pregnant but that is the rhetoric going through my head). It is like people are treating pregnancy like its this new phenomenon. Women have always gotten pregnant (willingly or accidentally) through poverty and wealth, young and old so why is it in this age that children have suddenly become this scourge? I'm not promoting teen pregnancy and wish there were ways to lower the pregnancy rate but I am even less pleased with only abortion as an option.

People complain that poor and young women will just mooch off the government if they do not abort their child or give it up for adoption but I don't always understand why the government (basically tax payers money) needs to be so involved with this situation anyway. Couples have survived and have raised normal children without massive government intervention. Get the couple to stay in school, help with daycare expenses, help them find a job- those are all fine but what is with this mindset that non-aborted babies from poor and young couples are just a money waste?They also ignore things like churches or non-profit groups who actually try to help the young parents.

It just sounds selfish to me and people are so worried about their own money that they ignore humanity. Or they want the government to be in everyone's business.

Sorry, I didn't mean to rant but as a college girl coming from a mom who was pressured to abort by her doctor (without any medical examinations as why she should) I feel very strongly about such flippant comments about killing a living being for...money.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Agreed.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  46