• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  199
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  711
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/28/1989

My friend John was telling me stories of how he used to watch a cartoon that he really liked in Highschool, and this was when he wasn't Christian. He used to buy everything of that cartoon, and when he became Christian, he realised that he had to give it up. He told me that it was really hard for him, and he told me, because he knows I like Horror books and I watch Horror movies and I read Harry Potter, and I play YU-GI-OH, and he thinks that it's bad for me to be around that kind of thing. He told me that all that stuff just invites demons in your house. And he thinks I should give it away, and I want to, but it's hard. I've been around this kind of stuff for as long as I remember, this is what makes me...me. It makes me diffrent from other people, I don't want to give it away, but he says I should, and I trust John because he's one of my best friends. And he knows this from experience, he told me he still has one set of videos from that cartoon, and he can sense the evil coming from it, it scares me, I don't know what to do. BTW, this was one of those weird anime cartoons like Inuyasha and stuff.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,063
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  1

Dear ZOEgirl 4 GOD,

This is just my opinion. You don't have to accept it if you dislike it. DISCLAIMER: I am not a christian.

Since I am not a christian, I cannot comment on whether these anime things are evil or inviting demons into your house. However, if you decided to get rid of these things, I would gladly take them off your hands. Please PM me if you decide to get rid of these things. My kids like these sorts of things, and since me and my family are not christian, there is no controversy about the things you are talking about.

Regards,

UndecidedFrog

I just PMed you, but the more I think about it, the more I realise that I'm not going to give them away, I'm going to throw them away. I appreciate you trying to take them off my hands, but I was taking to John just now and he said that it's like spreading poison, and he's right. Sorry.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  2,063
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  1

Dear ZOEgirl 4 GOD,

This is just my opinion. You don't have to accept it if you dislike it. DISCLAIMER: I am not a christian.

I appreciate you trying to take them off my hands, but I was taking to John just now and he said that it's like spreading poison, and he's right. Sorry.

No problem. Although I disagree with you that your stuff is poison, and that my taking them off your hands is considered to be spreading poison.

But in the end, this is your stuff to do with as you will... keep them, sell them, give them away or trash them....it is your decision.

Regards,

UndecidedFrog

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Zoe -

I know how you feel. I love fantasy!

Yet I agree, there is a lot of evil in there. Actually the fictional magic doesn't bother me so much as the philosophy that is expressed and promoted through many of these things. Of course, Jap anime is a different matter - to me it has a "feel" of darkness. The stuff made for children hasn't struck me that way, per se, but yet it still has anti-Jesus philosphies.

I must confess, I've watched some Yu-gi-oh episodes. Yes, it is a good fantasy show. But I uncovered something that greatly disturbed me. There's a web page I found that gives synopsises for the episodes, and includes in there some that haven't aired yet.

This is what I found:

The Flashback leads Yugi and Kaiba back to Atlantis when it was such a beautiful place. The kingdom had been peaceful for a longtime. During this period, Dartz was the King of Atlantis while Iron Heart was his father and grandfather of Christ. . . .

In order to summon Orichalcos God, Dartz needed to sacrifice many people's souls, including his fathers. So Iron Heart, Christ, and her Wolf ran away from the castle. Dartz gathered the Orichalcos Soldiers and prepared them for the battle. On the other side, Iron Heart, Christ, and her Wolf went into a cave. There were many stone tablets in there. In order to fight against Orichalcos Soldiers, they had to rely on their guardians, the three legendary dragons.

That really gave Yu-gi-oh a bad taste in my mouth, so to speak. I'm not going back there.

I know it is hard to let things go. Yet, if it sickens your spirit, it's going to cause you torment anyway, you know?

The Lord bless you and give you strength, I pray!

• Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,244
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

Those cards are evil things you just look at them and you see how evil they are. They have spells the have demons in it, its just crazy! I never liked them from the beginning...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

He is right in many ways,

These items are not good for you and your moral health

They do invite demons into your life and will only lead you away from Christ

Anything that you beleive you can't live without, needs to be gotten rid of, since it has become a "god" to you in many ways.

One has to of course break and know what is real and what is only movies or tv,

but we often start confusing tv wtiches with real life ones and it allows us to start accepting evil as ok..

If you have a large collection, perhaps sell all of them ( may as well get some money instead of just giving it away)

But it needs to go but you also need to replace these activities with other better activities also.

I tried throwing all of my books and stuff away, but my mom was being "closed minded" and didn't understand that I had to throw it away, she gave the books to Family Services and gave my sheets and stuff to my sister's friend, she's giving my stuffed Harry Potter Owl backpack to my neice and giving my Harry Potter sweater to her too, if I had a fireplace, I would've burned it all a long time ago. I still have my Harry Potter address book, only because I can't find my other ones. I can't really escape it since my sister always watches YU-GI-OH, collects Pokemon cards, Dragonball Z cards, and YU-GI-OH cards. But to replace all of that stuff, I'm going to collect a whole bunch of Ocean Stuff to decorate my room with so it doesn't feel so empty. I'm getting better at seperating myself from all of it, but it's kind of hard since I see Harry Potter and YU-GI-OH advertised everywhere. It's still kind of hard. After I get over this, I'm going to work on another little problem I have. Anyway, thanks everyone for encouraging me with this, I really need it.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,244
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

<_< Keep up the good work :emot-questioned:

Guest rhodedendren
My friend John was telling me stories of how he used to watch a cartoon that he really liked in Highschool, and this was when he wasn't Christian. He used to buy everything of that cartoon, and when he became Christian, he realised that he had to give it up. He told me that it was really hard for him, and he told me, because he knows I like Horror books and I watch Horror movies and I read Harry Potter, and I play YU-GI-OH, and he thinks that it's bad for me to be around that kind of thing. He told me that all that stuff just invites demons in your house. And he thinks I should give it away, and I want to, but it's hard. I've been around this kind of stuff for as long as I remember, this is what makes me...me. It makes me diffrent from other people, I don't want to give it away, but he says I should, and I trust John because he's one of my best friends. And he knows this from experience, he told me he still has one set of videos from that cartoon, and he can sense the evil coming from it, it scares me, I don't know what to do. BTW, this was one of those weird anime cartoons like Inuyasha and stuff.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>