• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Obama will send another letter to Netanyahu affirming that the negotiations must lead to the recognition of the state of Israel as the national home of the Jewish people, ....

And the chances of the Palestinians agreeing to this are . . . .?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  989
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  01/13/1959

Nebula, you left out this part--- "....whose future borders will be based on the 1967 lines...."

Nebula, you left out this part--- "....whose future borders will be based on the 1967 lines...."

Does it matter?

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.45
  • Content Count:  44,421
  • Content Per Day:  7.19
  • Days Won:  2

The Obama administration has quietly presented a plan in which the Palestinian Authority and Jordan will receive sovereignty over the Temple Mount while Israel will retain the land below the Western Wall, according to a senior PA negotiator speaking to WND.

View the full article

Does it matter?

Possibly.  Ultimately, they want Israel wiped out, but the 1967 lines would give them back a lot of ground & they would be recognized as a state.  So far, I haven't heard anything about the Temple Mount mentioned by either side in media, but I don't see Israel giving it completely up & am waiting to see if "permission" to build the next temple becomes part of the deal. That is the only thing I can think of that would cause Israel to even consider giving up land.

I'm also watching for the Vatican to play a role somewhere in this mess. I found it interesting that John Kerry recently "discovered" his Jewish roots & he is a "devout" Catholic as well.

Guest shiloh357

More accurately, you mean the pre-1967 lines.  Essentially, the 1949 armistice lines that pretty much give Jerusalem to the Palestinians, not just the Temple Mount.

That would bring the Palestianians right up to the edge where the West Bank borders Israel at Israel's most narrow point.   70% of Israelis live within that narrow corridor and if the Palestinians are allowed live right up to the border it puts every Israeli city and many biblical holy sites within range of qassam and Katusha rockets. Everyone living in that narrow corridor will be sitting ducks.  Israeli cities will be shelled from Gaza and the West Bank forcing Israel to take severe military action

I doubt the Israeli government will go for this.

Does it matter?

Possibly.  Ultimately, they want Israel wiped out, but the 1967 lines would give them back a lot of ground & they would be recognized as a state.  ...

But the Palestinians have never conceded for anything to acknowledge Israel's right to exist. Why now?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

I'm guessing the US and UN are forcing Israel into a corner, and using the threat of war with Syria as an incentive for Israel to "play along, to get along."

Where will Israel put its faith?  In men and contracts, or somewhere else?

More accurately, you mean the pre-1967 lines.  Essentially, the 1949 armistice lines that pretty much give Jerusalem to the Palestinians, not just the Temple Mount.

That would bring the Palestianians right up to the edge where the West Bank borders Israel at Israel's most narrow point.   70% of Israelis live within that narrow corridor and if the Palestinians are allowed live right up to the border it puts every Israeli city and many biblical holy sites within range of qassam and Katusha rockets. Everyone living in that narrow corridor will be sitting ducks.  Israeli cities will be shelled from Gaza and the West Bank forcing Israel to take severe military action

I doubt the Israeli government will go for this.

Yes,that's correct Shiloh, the pre-1967 lines--- I just copy/pasted that line from the article.

I really hope they don't go for this--- praying for them all.

Does it matter?

Possibly.  Ultimately, they want Israel wiped out, but the 1967 lines would give them back a lot of ground & they would be recognized as a state.  ...

But the Palestinians have never conceded for anything to acknowledge Israel's right to exist. Why now?

I believe it is because all the events are being manipulated to bring about the result that the earthly PTB want to come to pass. They've been planning for a LONG time to get their hands on Jerusalem, as that is where their "leader"/AC plans to rule from.   {Oops, my conspiracy theorist mind is talking again! ;)}

Will be interesting to see how this all plays out.