• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  96
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/21/1970

Gal 6:2 NASB - Bear one another's burdens, and thereby fulfill the law of Christ.

What does it mean to bear another's burden? My understanding up to this point is that to bear another's burden means to love them and treat them as you would want to be treated, speak the truth in love, pray for them and do your best to help them. 

What do you do when it seems as though another is no longer bearing their own burdens and you don't know how to bear their burdens anymore? All I can think of now is to pray to God for them and still visit them and talk about God with them but no longer offer help since all the help given doesn't last and the situation again goes back to what it was before and even worse. How do you know when you are bearing another's burden or enabling? What am I missing?

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  338
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  4

Romans 15:1-3 " We who are strong ought to bear with the failings of the weak and not to please ourselves. Each of us should please his neighbor for his good, to build him up. For even Christ did not please himself but, as it is written, The insults of those who insult you have fallen on me.

, I would start with taking it to the Lord in prayer and ask for discernment  and  the leading of the holy spirit , You could still visit and pray for them , edify and bring them up if you feel they may be taking advantage of you ,we can show compassion and does not always have to be in the form of physical help especially if your feeling that uncomfortable about it , to me that would be a good indicator to stop in certain areas and continue praying for them , If thing keep getting worse for them , might be that God wants to  bring them to a place where they have to fully rely on him , It depends on what the circumstances are i guess , but sounds like your not missing anything , just cautious . 
Edited by cozmoe

Galatians 6:2 NASB - Bear one another's burdens, and thereby fulfill the law of Christ.

What does it mean to bear another's burden?

Love

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Love

If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.

This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:10-13

Love

But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil. Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful. Luke 6:35-36

He's

And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him. 1 John 4:13

The

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Only Way

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  96
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/21/1970

Thank you sister Cozmoe and brother Joe for both of your replies. I will continue to pray more and ask the Lord for discernment and His leading so that I can act out of love. I'm thinking that enabling a bad situation crosses a line and is no longer bearing another's burden in love. Becoming frustrated or resentful is also crossing that line. I prayed a lot over it last night and today while I was over to visit, I felt lead to do certain things but not others so I will keep seeking God out. It's just such a complicated situation. I'm thinking maybe this wasn't the right kind of question for this forum so I appreciate you both taking the time and sorry to everyone else if this was in the wrong forum.  

Thank you sister Cozmoe and brother Joe for both of your replies. I will continue to pray more and ask the Lord for discernment and His leading so that I can act out of love. I'm thinking that enabling a bad situation crosses a line and is no longer bearing another's burden in love. Becoming frustrated or resentful is also crossing that line. I prayed a lot over it last night and today while I was over to visit, I felt lead to do certain things but not others so I will keep seeking God out. It's just such a complicated situation. I'm thinking maybe this wasn't the right kind of question for this forum so I appreciate you both taking the time and sorry to everyone else if this was in the wrong forum.  

:thumbsup:

Not To Worry Dear Sister, Right Forum

If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. James 1:5

Right Book

Teach me good judgment and knowledge: for I have believed thy commandments. Psalms 119:66

Right God

When wisdom entereth into thine heart, and knowledge is pleasant unto thy soul; Discretion shall preserve thee, understanding shall keep thee: Proverbs 2:10-11

Be Blessed Beloved Daughter Of The KING

Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen. Hebrews 13:20-21

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Praying~!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

The bible also says that if a man does not work, neither shall he eat.

It doesn't mean that we are to let people starve. I think it gets to the heart of the matter that we bear each others genuine burdens, but not others laziness.

Pray for discernment :)