GoldenEagle

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

This young mother was completely out of place. She was rude not thinking of the feelings of other folks while eating. I would not want to see that myself while eating dinner. She has caused some fellow Christians to stumble over her stumbling block. As a minister, I do not pray when out dinning, I pray prior to going in to the establishment so that I may not cause things to be  said about Christians that need not be said. Oh look, the man is praying, I guess He's better than us. I have heard these comments, so why give anyone a reason to say them.lol

Some may feel that I am not following the law as a Christian. May I remind everyone that we are to obey God rather than man. As a minister I will not follow the law and marry two men or two ladies! Now, I guess that makes me a bad Christian for not following the law. The problem is, that churches around the world are giving into the law and changing God's word to fit today. Well, we as Christian need to fit today with God's word which is forever without change. The main thing is not to judge, however, wrong is wrong. lol

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

Some may feel that I am not following the law as a Christian. May I remind everyone that we are to obey God rather than man. As a minister I will not follow the law and marry two men or two ladies! Now, I guess that makes me a bad Christian for not following the law. The problem is, that churches around the world are giving into the law and changing God's word to fit today. Well, we as Christian need to fit today with God's word which is forever without change. The main thing is not to judge, however, wrong is wrong. lol

Breastfeeding in public is not a sin. Unwise perhaps in some instances particularly if uncovered sure. But not a sin.

Homosexuality is condemned in the Bible as sexual sin.

I believe you're comparing apples to bananas. But alas I degress. :noidea:

God bless,

GE

Yes peeping ninhao. :D Firstly I was confused that your post was completely struck through but I see you've fixed that.

I disagree with you btw  and I am always confused when people associate child nursing with indecent exposure.

I am confused also, are you saying you think that I think child nursing is indecent exposure? What is it exactly, you disgree with me on, I said a few things I think.

This isn't rocket science folks! If a woman walked into a place topless would she be considered partially naked?

There is no innocence in the mother; there is no innocence in the child; there is no innocence in the world! satan

wants to use that which God has condemned as a means to justify his rebellion to God's judgment....  but the bottom

line is God intends for us to keep ourselves covered no matter what period! Love, Steven

Okay please clarify what you mean by the sentence in red?

Man thinks it's good to use a cover to be modest.....

That's not the only reason.  

Modesty in the case of not causing another person to stumble? :noidea:

Man thinks it's good to use a cover to be modest.....

That's not the only reason.  

Modesty in the case of not causing another person to stumble? :noidea:

Modesty isn't the only reason I believe women should cover themselves.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,246
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

This isn't rocket science folks! If a woman walked into a place topless would she be considered partially naked?

There is no innocence in the mother; there is no innocence in the child; there is no innocence in the world! satan

wants to use that which God has condemned as a means to justify his rebellion to God's judgment....  but the bottom

line is God intends for us to keep ourselves covered no matter what period! Love, Steven

Okay please clarify what you mean by the sentence in red?

When God searched out Adam and Eve hiding in the garden there was only God and Adam and Eve present in this shame they had

committed unto themselves - the shame of nakedness! The only cure then was temporary the killing of animals and shedding of blood

to cover the nakedness with their skins... we know the ultimate prophecy of The Christ coming and eternal cleansing of His Blood!

While in this body we are to remain covered as God has done unto us but as children our hope is in His Restoration of Perfection in the new

bodies second covering of righteousness...

Isa 61:10-11

10 I will greatly rejoice in the Lord,

My soul shall be joyful in my God;

For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation,

He has covered me with the robe of righteousness,

As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments,

And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.

11 For as the earth brings forth its bud,

As the garden causes the things that are sown in it to spring forth,

So the Lord God will cause righteousness and praise to spring forth before all the nations.

NKJV

Love, Steven

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

I have a question. I see that the law was mentioned, that breastfeeding was allowed in public. Forgetting the morality and rudeness etc, (whichever way you view them), my question is this. Does a law, that requires that breastfeeding cannot be restricted in public, imply that a private business cannot have such restrictions? Where I live, many dining places have signs that say things like "No shirt, no shoes, no service!"

There are other restaurants, where men have to wear ties. Private businesses have long been able to set the standards of their customers, to provide the atmosphere they want their establishment to have. Does Chick-Fil-A not have this privilege also? Is not the manager within his legal rights to say "Ma'am, this makes our customers uncomfortable, please cover up."

That title "Chick-fil-A manager shames nursing mom", how prejudicial is that? It is the manager's fault that the woman feels shame for an incident she initiated, knowing full well that people have these feelings? I don't think so. A. She either caused this knowing the risks, or caused it intentionally.

She has my sympathy, that our society is so childish about these matters, but she does not get my sympathy for causing an incident she was full aware was a possibility. B. I have to side with the restaurant management, since it is thier place. To make an extreme comparison, would she not likely feel entitled, if the shoe was on the other foot, and she had the manager over to her place, to insist that the man not expose himseld, even if the law held that that was o.k. on private property?

C. Everybody thinks they have rights, but they are not plucked out of the air, and they do not legally extend past what the law specifically says. We cannot assume that just becuase it is okay on the sidewalk, that it is okay in a privately owned restaurant.

Edit: Now, I just watched the video, it was not avaialble to me before. I see the law there says, that it is also o.k. in private places, if the woman is otherwise allowed to be there. D. So, let me add, what if that was not the case, as I supposed. And what about the notion of dress codes. E. that fact the breast feeding is allowed, does that mean necessarily, that she can just remove her top and do what what other women (and perhaps even men) are not allowed to do just becuase she has a suckling child? Or os it totally reasonable, for her to be expected to be as descreet as possible?

Interesting points Omegaman. :thumbsup:

A. See your original post is the reason why IMO this is such a big issue brother. You IMO assume this was about the mother's intent (which you assume she was trying to start something) and not about the baby's needs. This is not only unkind but ungenerous IMO. I would venture to say that most nursing mothers are simply trying to get through the day without having a nervous breakdown. Lol. :noidea:

B. People are unaware of the U.S. laws. Not to mention there is a clear double standard when it comes to breastfeeding IMO in the U.S. Also, to discriminate against a nursing mother is illegal. I suppose this is exactly why this laws were put into place - people often seem to care more about their own comfort than children's needs. And we wonder why there's such a lack of value of life and an emphasis on the death culture in the U.S. with abortions? :help:

C. According to U.S. law a woman may breastfeed any of the 50 states of the U.S. Yes, in 45 states she can nurse her child in public or in private in any location a woman is otherwise allowed to be. Further in Tennessee she is exempt from public indicency laws if her child is under 12 months old.

Let me give you a really funny and yet ironic example. A speaker on breastfeeding was giving a conference in Las Vegas. She was eating lunch with her friends at the resaraunt of the hotel she was staying at when her child became hungry. So she proceeded to nurse her child. I've not been to LV but I hear there's a lot of skin exposed there. A manager came over and told her she needed to cover up as it was indicent. Seriously? Lol. The ladies had a good laugh at the irony and the speaker politely told the manager what the U.S. law was in the state. She then politely told the manager that she would finish up her child's nursing. Ironically there were fliers of naked women passed out at the entrance to this restaraunt. There was also a poster of a semi-nude woman advertising the hotel's daily performance where women used very little clothing if any at all. So people didn't have an issue with a semi-nude woman's poster or the flyers but with this woman's actions in providing for the needs of her child. A bit of a double standard? :hmmm:

D. The difference between "no shoes, no shirt, no service" and nursing a child is a child's need for food is not optional. To start a baby on formula is optional and most nursing mother's won't run the risk of the baby getting used to not nursing - bottle feeding requires little effort on the part of the baby. Further, women often have a hard enough time keeping up with regular nursing every couple of hours (nevermind if her 2nd child nursed as well) so pumping may not have been a good option either. Not to mention pumping can be incredibly inneficient. For example when my wife nursed she would pump and get approximately 2 ounces on average after 2 hours of pumping. A baby under 6 months old could easily consume 4 ounces in a couple of minutes. Needless to say we stopped pumping.

E. How many women do you think really like to go around exposing themselves (going topless in your example) to other people? Say 5% of the population? Say maybe 1% of the population? Why do we punish all nursing mothers (say the the other 95%) for what a very small minority does in what we consider an indicent fashion? Instead of cheering on a mother who's trying to give her child the best possible nutrution (studies have shown that breast milk is significantly better than formula) we tend to automatically think they're participating deviant behavior. :crosseyed:

But let's go back to the OP in this situation Jennifer was nursing her child outside while watching two other children. From the mother's own admission the nursing child does not do well with covers. She was doing what was best for her child and filling a need. She even IMO stepped outside so others wouldn't be bothered and she could watch the other 2 kids play (babysitter) while performing her other function (nursing mother). For reference too if the mother was nursing her other toddler still then she was having to alternate between children while nursing. This means she was nursing every couple of hours with the 5 month old baby and the other child every 3-4 hours. That's really a tough job in and of itself. Forget sleeping, taking care of her home, investing in her relationship with her friends/family, or going out to eat to try to take a break from all the stress at home.

<sigh>

Well there it is. My 2 cents.

God bless,

GE

re: point A

this cuts both ways

why assume that people who prefer bf women to cover are nit thinking of the child, dehumanising the child, or treating the mother like a prostitute. On the balance of things I think women should cover. But who got up in arms when assumptions were made about people on my side of the coin?

and how many bf women are here? I am! Ive done it twice. I have first hand experience. And if you think men don't do whatever they can to cop an eyeful...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Im going to jump in here and play devils advocate here. the comment was made earlier that since open breastfeeding was legal in tennesee, that chic fil A was breaking the law. Well, they wern't-I do believe the law also states that private businesses have the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason, as well. So which law triumphs?