IGNORED

Corporate Work

Guest DRS81

Hey guys, I need some advice on something. It's about my work, but first let me explain where I'm coming from. I've been in two corporations in the past 12 years. I guess you can say I've been a drone for the economy for all of my adult life. I know how the corporation works and understand their mentality. They don't care if you're a christian, a really good person with a good heart, or if you do your job well. All that matters is if you are making profit for the company, profit over people. I know the drill. Everyone is either looking over their shoulders with paranoia or gossiping about their co-workers, and that atmosphere is exhausting to be in. I personally have kept my personal life to myself, and I hate gossip. There's nothing worse than people who gossip. My problem from management isn't that I don't do my job well. I know my job inside and out. The problem management has with me is that I sound tired on the phone, and they wonder why. Is it really my fault that humanity has conformed themselves to cubicles all day long. The corporation is filled with nothing but greed, and this unbelieving world is hitting the bottom fast.

I've been answering phones for about eight years at this job now. The repetitiveness can be tiring. We live in a fallen world where we wake up, go to work, pay bills and nothing changes. Don't misunderstand though, I do enjoy my job and the people I work with so I don't understand why management can't just leave me alone. My income is well into poverty level so what exactly do these people want from me. I honestly think that one world government is forming through corporations and technology. Dead to the world and alive in Christ.

(Advice)

1. What's going on with me.

2. Should I be looking for new job.

3. Why can't the corporation just leave me alone.

4. What do these people want from me.
5. Is this normal thinking when you've been working in the same work environment for a long time?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  438
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,947
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  04/18/1949

I think that you already have the answers to most of your questions. Pray about your work situation.

From my experience in Corporate America, if management wants you gone . . . they are going to find a reason to get rid of you. A corporation is going to do what's best for the organization, not the individual. I would suggest polishing up your resume and and having a look around at what other job oppurtunities there might be in your area.

I'm no expert, but it sounds like maybe you're just burned out? I did telephone customer service for cell phones for about a year -- and it burnt me to a crisp. I had to quit, I just couldn't stand listen to angry people for another day. I was getting headaches just walking in the door of the call center too, so it was time for something else. Maybe you are getting into a similar situation, or perhaps this is the Lord's way of letting you know its time to move on to something else. The only thing that's really going to help is staying in prayer and spending time with the Lord in the Bible.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,995
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,693
  • Content Per Day:  11.71
  • Days Won:  226

Hey guys, I need some advice on something. It's about my work, but first let me explain where I'm coming from. I've been in two corporations in the past 12 years. I guess you can say I've been a drone for the economy for all of my adult life. I know how the corporation works and understand their mentality. They don't care if you're a christian, a really good person with a good heart, or if you do your job well. All that matters is if you are making profit for the company, profit over people. I know the drill. Everyone is either looking over their shoulders with paranoia or gossiping about their co-workers, and that atmosphere is exhausting to be in. I personally have kept my personal life to myself, and I hate gossip. There's nothing worse than people who gossip. My problem from management isn't that I don't do my job well. I know my job inside and out. The problem management has with me is that I sound tired on the phone, and they wonder why. Is it really my fault that humanity has conformed themselves to cubicles all day long. The corporation is filled with nothing but greed, and this unbelieving world is hitting the bottom fast.

I've been answering phones for about eight years at this job now. The repetitiveness can be tiring. We live in a fallen world where we wake up, go to work, pay bills and nothing changes. Don't misunderstand though, I do enjoy my job and the people I work with so I don't understand why management can't just leave me alone. My income is well into poverty level so what exactly do these people want from me. I honestly think that one world government is forming through corporations and technology. Dead to the world and alive in Christ.

(Advice)

1. What's going on with me.

2. Should I be looking for new job.

3. Why can't the corporation just leave me alone.

4. What do these people want from me.

5. Is this normal thinking when you've been working in the same work environment for a long time?

It sounds like you have job fatigue.That can make your life miserable.Do you think you should be looking for another job?Have you put this in God's hands?Corporate isn't going to like you unless you are making them some big bucks.What is your favorite thing to do?Can you see yourself getting up in the morning and being really exited going to work doing that?You need to have a long talk with your Heavenly Father about this tonight.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

From my experience in Corporate America, if management wants you gone . . . they are going to find a reason to get rid of you. A corporation is going to do what's best for the organization, not the individual. I would suggest polishing up your resume and and having a look around at what other job oppurtunities there might be in your area.

I'm no expert, but it sounds like maybe you're just burned out? I did telephone customer service for cell phones for about a year -- and it burnt me to a crisp. I had to quit, I just couldn't stand listen to angry people for another day. I was getting headaches just walking in the door of the call center too, so it was time for something else. Maybe you are getting into a similar situation, or perhaps this is the Lord's way of letting you know its time to move on to something else. The only thing that's really going to help is staying in prayer and spending time with the Lord in the Bible.

i tend to agree with what walla has posted, maybe you really are just burned out ?....and knowing first hand myself for working in a corporation the management  are only looking out for the organization and not you, i have seen it so many times with coworkers being picked off for reasons its bad. When new teams are coming on the floor the seasonal workers are pushed aside and it happens... you can get into a funk. Best thing is change your perception and start looking around, if your resources have dried up maybe God is pushing you to move cause you became too comfortable where your at and He has better things for you, in time you will see pieces of the puzzle coming together, your in that waiting period of not knowing and being uncomfortable, its hard I know. praying for you.