IGNORED

Spending time with the Lord on this Thanksgiving !

Guest Thomas I Believe

Guest Thomas I believe

Greetings Brothers and Sisters in Christ, I am writing this post because I am so very happy right now and I learned something very valuable today. As we all know it is Thanksgiving today and we all have our plans whatever they may be. As of last night my plans were to go spend time with friends and family for dinner. Well I had like 3 invites. Very early this morning it all changed as some emergencys had arose. I was very excited about going and having turkey dinner and fellowshipping. Well at first this morning I was bummed out a little and I was wondering what to do. I jumped on worthy a bit this morning and still I didnt know what I was going to do. I heard that small voice speak to me and i stopped and said yes Lord. The Lord told me to spend the day with Him and he would make it all ok. I said ok of course and i read the bible for a bit, prayed for a bit and then something came to mind.. What about thanksgiving dinner. I had nothing thawed out. I prayed about it and the Lord told me, be creative. I thought about this and said to myself. Is there a grocery store open ? I drove uptown which is a small town of 6000 people and i could not believe my eyes. The store was open. Whats wierd is in everyother year they have been closed. I walked back and they had fresh poultry, turkeys, chickens etc. and there it was sitting there in the cooler case a small turkey an eight pounder. Just right i said to myself. I said to the Lord you planned this didnt you? Well anyways to make a long story short. The turkey is in the oven . Dinner is going to happen and I am spending thanksgiving with the Lord. What is neat about this is in years past i probally would have gotten very upset and angry about a wrecked holiday because of being alone. But we are never alone. What is absolutely amazing is God has plans for us before we even know about them. He had today planned out for me and He has made me very content and I feel nothing but His peace about me. We are spending quality time together on a day that I didnt expect it. I am Praising Him right now as I type and will continue to let Him guide me on this Holiday. The moral of today in my life is my plans changed but going to my relatives was not the plan. God had His plan for me today and I thank Him for that.. In His Love God Bless all of you..

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  227
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,004
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/31/1906

Oh Mike, what a special brother in the Lord you are!! Thank you for sharing that with us all. You speak right into my heart with your words of love and thanksgiving :24:

Love always

YSIC

Faithie :24:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  197
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

:24: Beautiful brother, that brought tears to my eyes. Jesus always wants to draw us to Him. I am blessed, so blessed by this post. God bless Michael. Hope you and Jesus have a wonderful day together. In His Love, ellie :o:24::24:

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Amen Mike, there is no shadow of turning in our God! You are an awesome brother and you are loved!

Edited by Rustyangel