• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,363
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  5

again I ask....

Are you of the "emergent" church mentality?

Not at all. To be honest I'm not even sure how that is relevant here.

Your attitude in defense of certain positions and beliefs are what makes it relevent to me. I don't feel the need to state which I am talking about, because you know already.

No, I actually have no clue.  Want to fill me in?

Can't. ToS. Besides, if you can't see it by your postings, I'd be wasting my time. I could be wrong, too, but it is what I get when I read what you post most of the time. JMO.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

again I ask....

Your attitude in defense of certain positions and beliefs are what makes it relevent to me. I don't feel the need to state which I am talking about, because you know already.

Can't. ToS. Besides, if you can't see it by your postings, I'd be wasting my time. I could be wrong, too, but it is what I get when I read what you post most of the time. JMO.

Parker1 I'm a little confused. So first you ask if Alpha (which I believe is a newer Christian) is of the emergent church mentality (which is discussing the person and not the subject btw...). He clearly states he doesn't know what you are talking about. Yet you then state that you won't explain yourself. When pressed further you say you'd be breaking the ToS and that you'd be wasting your time.

How is that at all helpful or pointing Alpha towards the truth? :help:

God bless,

GE

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

I have started a new thread on The Emergent Church

again I ask....

Parker1 I'm a little confused. So first you ask if Alpha (which I believe is a newer Christian) is of the emergent church mentality (which is discussing the person and not the subject btw...). He clearly states he doesn't know what you are talking about. Yet you then state that you won't explain yourself. When pressed further you say you'd be breaking the ToS and that you'd be wasting your time.

God bless,

GE

G.E., asking about a person's train of thought is not discussing the person and was directly related to the subject btw. What points to the Truth is for people to learn about the emergent church, what they do and say, what they defend. Sorry you are so confused. I'm not.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

again I ask....

God bless,

GE

G.E., asking about a person's train of thought is not discussing the person and was directly related to the subject btw. What points to the Truth is for people to learn about the emergent church, what they do and say, what they defend. Sorry you are so confused. I'm not.

I also am as confused as GE and Alpha. Perhaps if you are concerned about violating the ToS you could Pm alpha and discuss it with him there?

What part of the ToS would you be violating by answering the question?

By talking about what a particular person says, as opposed to talking in general about what is said. I have no problem with Alpha therefore there is no need to PM him. I read the words spoken in a certain manner, which sounded like what the emergent church would argue, so I asked an innocent question. I even stated that I could be wrong in my interpretation. If you or anyone else is confused, I can't help that. My ears don't itch.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  1,363
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  5

By talking about what a particular person says, as opposed to talking in general about what is said. I have no problem with Alpha therefore there is no need to PM him. I read the words spoken in a certain manner, which sounded like what the emergent church would argue, so I asked an innocent question. I even stated that I could be wrong in my interpretation. If you or anyone else is confused, I can't help that. My ears don't itch.

I'm genuinely curious what sounded 'emergent church-y' to you. When you mentioned that I did a quick google search on it but saw nothing which made sense of your comment to me. I don't see what the ToS have to do with answering my inquiry since you brought it up.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,046
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/30/1960

When you have been on Worthy for some time it becomes easier to discern those with a genuine need to discuss, and those who have an agenda to turn people away from God. This is especially relevant for new believers. There are some here that if they had been taught the word by seasoned believers in a atmosphere of fellowship such as a church, instead of finding their own way in the dark, and influenced by science, etc, on these forums, by people who have not the first idea what faith is, instead of just concentrating on Jesus, would be a lot more secure in themselves. And would not be posting some of the stuff they do. They are lost in their own self constructed idea of what Faith is.

I for one am saddened when I see someone groping in the dark for something that is so obvious. I also know that Jesus will reveal the light to someone who is truly searching.

As such I will do what I can to protect these people against much of the pseudo science and half informed posts that drag them from the true path to Jesus. Most of the discussions do nothing to honor or give glory to God, and at times are disrespectful in the extreme. The more seasoned amongst us build on scripture and love, rather than speculating on stuff that is not in the bible, and that the bible does not allude to.

This forum is not an atheist, unbeliever sounding board. There are other sites for that.

This is first and foremost a Ministry site.

Then you guys should not advertise Apologetics. Truly. Apologetics as it's used everywhere else, and which my OP points out, includes people leveling their best against the faith and believers responding. I'm not even saying it's a bad thing that you guys don't want to do it, but I *strongly* suggest that you guys come out completely one way or another and adjust the structure of the board to reflect that. This sort of half middle ground is incredibly frustrating and uncertain for some of us. "Faith vs Science" is a very clear example of this. You can't have a subforum like that and then be annoyed when people debate about science!

Alistair McGrath pointed out that purpose of apologetics is not to win an argument, but to win people to Christ.  I will not tolerate irreverence by atheists or agnostics when it comes to the serious subject of faith in God.  When I hear flippant remarks or sacrilege, I tune it out or leave.  Such people are in no way interested in a process to discover Truth.

If the Outer Court is really truly supposed to be about believers talking about the ideas of unbelievers...

:thumbsup:

TOS.... The outer Court is an area where we allow anyone who wishes to learn more about our belief to ask questions and learn. http://www.worthychristianforums.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

~

Talking Jesus Jesus Jesus

To shew that the LORD is upright: he is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in him. Psalms 92:15

All Day Long

Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee. My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever. Psalms 73:25-26

~

PS: There Are Many Internet Sites

And Even Public Taxpayer Supported

Schools Where The Ideas Of Unbelievers

But this people hath a revolting and a rebellious heart; they are revolted and gone. Neither say they in their heart, Let us now fear the LORD our God, that giveth rain, both the former and the latter, in his season: he reserveth unto us the appointed weeks of the harvest. Your iniquities have turned away these things, and your sins have withholden good things from you. Jeremiah 5:23-25

Are Talked About And Talked About

I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely. Revelation 22:16-17

Without Truth All Day Long

Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. 2 Corinthians 5:20

And Still

Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. Psalms 46:10

For All This Talk Both Student And Teacher

And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed: And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned. Isaiah 29:11-12

Are Left None

Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch. Matthew 15:14

The Wiser

Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem, Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him. Matthew 2:1-2

You See

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16