• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Duggar!

Thank you for the beautiful verses of scripture that you have referred me to & for your kind words...it would be very nice if that were her intention but there is much more going on that clearly has shown many of us that her motives are for her own glorification ....but thats okay,I had so much going on and it all worked out that I could take a breather....my cell phone broke,lost all my contacts,I couldnt get in touch with anyone & couldnt be contacted for over 2weeks...I couldnt afford a new phone but then my son helped me & I got one,also a friend stopped by to check on me because he couldnt reach me by phone & took my phone to a computer guy that fixed the old phone & got my contacts.....when I got the new phone quite a few people from the prayer line called & they all stopped going on because they are so unhappy .....this girl just talks & talks & talks & its supposed to be a prayer line...they thought I left for the same reasons as them....its just a mess!

I encouraged them to come back,I facilitated this weekend & we will trust God to work it out......there will always be someone to come along to try and stop or put a wrinkle in any ministry but we know who the real enemy is & we have to just perservere.....the Pastors from the prayer hour after mine also called me & everyone seems to be displeased with this situation....I understand that this same person did this same thing 2yrs ago and then just stopped coming on so I do think the same thing will happen,they come & they go

Well,its all about the Lord anyway & we are there to pray...so when we have the opportunity to come on the line ,we will do just that.....Glory to God our  Father & in the Name of Jesus let us pray that all things will be done according to His will,on earth as it is in heaven

With love,in Christ-Kwik

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1967

To the OP

Turning the other cheek, prayer, trying to love people unconditionally is all good and should be encouraged.    But coming from my own experience, I also believe in "setting boundaries".    Many people come from bad childhoods, have had bad parenting, or are otherwise immature for some other reason and they end up taking that with them into adolescence or adulthood.    These people can make careers out of trying to push your buttons, manipulate you, push you around etc.

Because of this I think it is the duty of any good Christian to set some firm standards of what is tolerable behavior.    This can be done in a Christ like way (at least with practice) and in many ways you can actually be doing the person a favor as far as helping them develop some social skills and emotional maturity that are necessary ingredients for success in life.

Edited by Addai