IGNORED

Mormonism

Cherub_Rocket

Guest LadyC
Can someone tell me how Mormons feel about Christians? Do they really disdain them, as is claimed, or is there a sort of tolerance there?

i'd like to answer that question, but i have to be honest and say that this may not reflect the opinions of ALL mormons... this particular family of mormons aren't even good ones by the standards of their own doctrines.

my youngest daughter is married to a mormon. she and her husband live with his parents. my grandson (oh please pray for that baby boy) is being indoctrinated with their garbage.

their disdain for me is evident to anyone they talk to. my SIL's parents once told my next door neighbors (who were friends with my daughter and tolerated her husband) that they didn't want THEIR grandson anywhere near me because we are not PURE. there was a period of time that my daughter didn't bring her baby over to see me very often for about two months because to do so would put her at odds with them.

also, i wanted to buy the DVD set of the old classic "davey and goliath" cartoons... anyone remember that show? the boy whose dog always reminded him of what the Bible had to say when the boy wanted to be naughty?

my daughter's father-in-law forbid my daughter from bringing those videos into their house because they were produced by the lutheran church, therefore unsuitable for my grandson to watch.

by the way, the mormon population is huge here in las vegas... i'd guess they make up nearly half of the city's population, maybe more. they are adament that they are christian.... in fact, they are adament that they are the only TRUE christians.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  580
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Can someone tell me how Mormons feel about Christians? Do they really disdain them, as is claimed, or is there a sort of tolerance there?

i'd like to answer that question, but i have to be honest and say that this may not reflect the opinions of ALL mormons... this particular family of mormons aren't even good ones by the standards of their own doctrines.

my youngest daughter is married to a mormon. she and her husband live with his parents. my grandson (oh please pray for that baby boy) is being indoctrinated with their garbage.

their disdain for me is evident to anyone they talk to. my SIL's parents once told my next door neighbors (who were friends with my daughter and tolerated her husband) that they didn't want THEIR grandson anywhere near me because we are not PURE. there was a period of time that my daughter didn't bring her baby over to see me very often for about two months because to do so would put her at odds with them.

also, i wanted to buy the DVD set of the old classic "davey and goliath" cartoons... anyone remember that show? the boy whose dog always reminded him of what the Bible had to say when the boy wanted to be naughty?

my daughter's father-in-law forbid my daughter from bringing those videos into their house because they were produced by the lutheran church, therefore unsuitable for my grandson to watch.

by the way, the mormon population is huge here in las vegas... i'd guess they make up nearly half of the city's population, maybe more. they are adament that they are christian.... in fact, they are adament that they are the only TRUE christians.

Oh, my goodness, LadyC, I am so sorry to hear that. I will certainly keep your grandson in prayer.

See, it's stuff like that that breaks my heart. False religions and cults are so damaging to the world.

Guest LadyC

i should ask you to pray for my daughter as well. i'm afraid they've successfully indoctrinated her. she won't allow me to say ANYthing about mormonism now, she seems to have become active in their "ward" (their word for church), and one day when she accessed her email from my computer i noticed she had lots of notifications of replies from two different mormon message boards. :)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  700
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

I am a woman and because of that if I were a morman

my husband would call me out of te grave not Jesus Christ

that alone makes them a cult

there are to many to list

do they hate real christans yes they think they are the only true church

why do they want to be called christian because so many people know what they beblieve that they want ot change their immage and be more acceptable to suck more in

the missionarys got tired of having doors slamed in their faces and being called a cult etc

guess the word finally hit the top that things had to change

yes the morman church is growing and much to our shame that it is

we have this judge not thing going around now WHEN WE ARE TOLD TO JUDGE DOCTRINE

well guess what it is now comming back and bitting us on the tushie

In Christ

IreneM

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  470
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

One thing I do admire about the Mormon church that, to a large extent, the Christian church lacks in is generosity. When I lived at the homeless veterans shelter, my roommate was Mormon, and whenever she needed money her Mormon brothers & sisters were always more than glad to help. Many of them also seem more loving towards members of the congregation. I have never received money from any of the churches I attended, even when I desperately needed it.

I did receive food, though, which was a great blessing, and I am grateful, but I do think that many of us Christians could take a lesson from the Mormons regarding generosity and love.

Mormons mock christians.

I agree that they do appear generous. They have a fast every 1st Sunday when I attended, and the money was meant to help the poor. They publicise how they helpped people financially etc...

I've met many generous Christians too.