7 weeks - Abomination of desolation/antichrist takes throne
Then for 1 week - Antichrist makes strong covenent with many
Half of 1 week/30 Extra days - Antichrist puts end to sacrifice and offering

1 week = 7 year periods
7 weeks = 49 year periods
62 weeks = 434 year periods
69 (7+62) weeks = 483 year periods
70 weeks = 490 year periods of time

A day equals a year here...? Ezekiel 4:6: "thou shalt bear the iniquity of the house of Judah forty days: I have appointed thee each day for a year."

Daniel 9:24-27 “Seventy weeks are decreed about your people and your holy city, to finish the transgression, to put an end to sin, land to atone for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal both vision and prophet, and to anoint a most holy place. 25 Know therefore and understand that from the going out of the word to restore and build Jerusalem to the coming of an anointed one, a prince, there shall be seven weeks. Then for sixty-two weeks it shall be built again with squares and moat, but in a troubled time. 26 And after the sixty-two weeks, an anointed one shall be cut off and shall have nothing. And the people of the prince who is to come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary. its end shall come with a flood, and to the end there shall be war. Desolations are decreed. 27 And he shall make a strong covenant with many for one week, and for half of the week he shall put an end to sacrifice and offering. And on the wing of abominations shall come one who makes desolate, until the decreed end is poured out on the desolator.”

Daniel 12:11 And from the time that the regular burnt offering is taken away and the abomination that makes desolate is set up, there shall be 1,290 days.

We also know that the woman in Rev 12 is Israel.

Rev 12:6 and the woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared by God, in which she is to be nourished for 1,260 days.

Rev 13:5 And the beast was given a mouth uttering haughty and blasphemous words, and it was allowed to exercise authority for forty-two months.

According to this website, 7 years is 7 earth years..

7 year tribulation / 3.5 years split

1,260 days / 3.5 years = 360 days in a biblical year

42 months = 12 months in a year/24 months in 2 years/36 months in 3 years/42 Months is 3.5 years

This is fascinating!!!!

The 70th Week of Daniel is the key to understanding the 1,290 days.
It is a "week" or in Hebrew a "seven" of years.
7 years x 360 days = 2,520 days.
The 2,520 days are divided into two halves.
1,260 + 1260 = 2,520 days.
So these are two equal time periods of 1260 days.

This is as far as I can go with my study in terms of Biblical math.

So what happens in the extra 30 days after the Great Tribulation??

Read and find out... http://endtimepilgrim.org/1290days.htm

- DRS81 :sherlock:

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

The above-mentioned chart of Daniel's 70 weeks is very useful because it lays it all out in sequence to make it easier to understand. Drawn by Clarence Larkin, a devout man of God and bible scholar from the 19th century, we can glean much insight from the 'http://www.rctophobby.com/rc-airplanes/shop-by-brand/dynam-rc-airplanes.html'
Edited by Adler Guido

I do have some more questions.....

A day equals a year here...? Ezekiel 4:6: "thou shalt bear the iniquity of the house of Judah forty days: I have appointed thee each day for a year."

I don't think they're talking about the great tribulation when these certain scriptures say a day is a year.

I think they are speaking of a different topic, rather "The Siege of Jerusalem Symbolized".

However, Ezekiel Chapter 40 describes this third temple I believe.

My other question is, does anyone have any news about how close they are to building the third temple.

It's all very interesting. - DRS81

When the Bible uses days and months here, they are using earth days and earth months.

But when they talk about weeks and years, it's math I don't understand.

I don't understand because they're using days, months, weeks and years to describe the same thing.....

The Great Tribulation that is to come.

:confused: 

:mgbowtie:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

DRS81

Don't get frustrated and give up. I looked at the link you posted. Don't read that guy anymore. Most have made a mess of the prophetic time periods of Daniel. Isaac Newton was right when he said that by chopping off Daniel's 70TH week and moving it into the future "does violence to the language of Daniel". Don't worry about Ezekiel or a temple for now (Daniel is more than enough). Remember with this book "the words are shut up and sealed until the time of the end." "The time of The End" is a specific time period mentioned in chapter 12 and while we might be close to it we are not there yet.

keep in mind:

70 weeks

=490 years

=10 Jubilee cycles

Jubilee cycles can't be chopped up and moved around. 

I will give you links to a very smart guy who does an excellent  job of explaining it. He talks a large amount of data so don't get frustrated you might have to watch these twice. I am not smart. I think I had to watch them 4 times.

http://www.wake-up.com/Videos/Daniel/F_Jubilee/Jub04.htm

http://www.wake-up.com/Videos/Daniel/F_Jubilee/Jub09.htm

Jubilee cycles can't be chopped up and moved around. 

I will give you links to a very smart guy who does an excellent  job of explaining it. He talks a large amount of data so don't get frustrated you might have to watch these twice. I am not smart. I think I had to watch them 4 times.

http://www.wake-up.com/Videos/Daniel/F_Jubilee/Jub04.htm

http://www.wake-up.com/Videos/Daniel/F_Jubilee/Jub09.htm

Hello Dave Watchman, thank you for these videos. I knew the 70 weeks was more complicated and political than I thought out. I've already accepted in my heart that God's math is complex yet amazing at the same time. That's all good to me. There is however one thing I don't understand. The person in video never mentions 1,290 days, 1,260 days and forty-two months from OP. If the 70 weeks and 1,290 days, 1,260 days and forty-two months is describing the same event, the great tribulation that is to come, then why does God use the Jubilee timing vs. earth timing to describe one event? 360 days vs Jubilee timing..

Earth Timing

42 months = 12 months in a year/24 months in 2 years/36 months in 3 years/42 Months is 3.5 years

Rev 13:5 And the beast was given a mouth uttering haughty and blasphemous words, and it was allowed to exercise authority for forty-two months.

Jubilee Timing

1 week = 7 year periods

7 weeks = 49 year periods

62 weeks = 434 year periods

69 (7+62) weeks = 483 year periods

70 weeks = 490 year periods of time

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

DRS81

You are right that the 70 weeks is political. There are many competing views on it. I think it is not as complicated as the advanced features of this forum. I hit CODE instead of QUOTE then went back and lost the whole reply. I think what makes Daniel more complicated than it should be is all the competing views. Mine is like the guy from the video. His name is Larry Wilson. Also I should say that I feel it is a great responsibility to comment on this subject as I would never want to lead any of Jesus's Sheep astray.

The person in video never mentions 1,290 days, 1,260 days and forty-two months from OP. If the 70 weeks and 1,290 days, 1,260 days and forty-two months is describing the same event, the great tribulation that is to come, then why does God use the Jubilee timing vs. earth timing to describe one event? 360 days vs Jubilee timing..

The 70 weeks and 1,290 days, 1,260 days and forty-two months is not describing the same event. The 70 weeks are finished. The duration in time was 457BC to 33AD. In Daniel 12 we are given 3 time periods: 1260,1290 and 1335 days. These belong to "the great tribulation that is to come".  The 1260 days that you mention from Rev 12:6 is not the same nor does it belong with the 1260 days of Daniel 12. The 1260 days from Rev 12 are translated to 1260 years and span the time from 538 AD to 1798 AD. The 1260,1290 and 1335 days from Daniel 12 are regular days (no translation). See that's not too complicated.

Then why does God use the Jubilee timing vs. earth timing to describe one event?

God measures apocalyptic time in two ways:(a) a day for a year, and (b) as literal time. The presence or the absence of the Jubilee calendar (1437BC to 1994) determines how prophetic timing is reckoned. This was discovered by Larry Wilson. If the prophecy takes place within the time from 1437BC to 1994 you change the days into years. Even a prophecy written 2600 years ago that belongs after 1994 like Daniel 12 will be in literal days. As long as we get the prophecies in their right spot it works every time. Another cool thing Larry did was to identify 18 prophetic time periods from Daniel and Revelation:

1. Time, times and half a time (saints persecuted – Daniel 7:25)

2. 2,300 evenings and mornings (until temple restored – Daniel 8:14)

3. 70 weeks (determined upon the Jews, Messiah crucified – Daniel 9:24,25)

4. Time, times and half a time (when completed, power of the holy people broken – Daniel 12:7)

5. 1,290 days (from the end of the daily to the setting up of the abomination – Daniel 12:11)

6. 1,335 days (blessed is the one who waits for and reaches this day – Daniel 12:12)

7. Half hour of silence (at the opening of the 7th seal – Revelation 8:1)

8. 5 months (length of torture upon those not having the seal of God – Revelation 9:5)

9. Hour, day, month and year (punctiliar event when war begins – Revelation 9:15)

10. 42 months (Gentiles trample holy city – Revelation 11:2)

11. 1,260 days (Two Witnesses empowered for this length of time – Revelation 11:3)

12. 3.5 days (bodies of Two Witnesses lie in the street – Revelation 11:11)

13. 1,260 days (woman fled into the desert – Revelation 12:6)

14. Time, times and half a time (woman fled into the desert – Revelation 12:14)

15. 42 months ( beast was allowed to exercise authority – Revelation 13:5)

16. One hour (ten kings join with beast – Revelation 17:12)

17. One day, one hour (Babylon’s destruction begins – Revelation 18:8,19)

18. 1,000 years (Satan in the abyss – Revelation 20:2)

http://www.wake-up.com/Videos/Daniel/F_Dan10_12/Dan10_03.htm

http://www.wake-up.org/daystar/Ds1996/MAY96A.html

<------1260------>

<--------1290-------->

<---------1335---------->

(1) The 70 weeks are finished.

(2) 5. 1,290 days (from the end of the daily to the setting up of the abomination – Daniel 12:11)

There are two things that you've mentioned I would like to review.

Since we can both agree on #1 let's continue on...

(1) I can agree the 70 weeks are finished. I had a feeling it was finished because the math didn't add up there. This clears up a lot.

(2) When they say 7 year trib, they're speaking about a literal 7 earth years, right? This makes sense because of literal 42 earth months/360 earth days.

So what does scripture tell us about the 7 year great tribulation that is to come since we can rule out Daniel 9.

What can you show me through scripture aside from 1,2,3 here...

The 7 Year Great Tribulation that is to come - What I've learned

(1) Rev 12:6 - Israel flees into wilderness. Israel is nourished for 1260 days/3.5 years

(2) Daniel 12:11 - Days between burnt offering and abomination of desolation - 1290 days/3.5 years + 30 days

(3) Rev 13:5 - Beast/False prophet uttering blasphemous words for 42 months/3.5 years

Questions

(4) Is the beast/false prophet also the antichrist, just different names to describe one person.

(5) What does scripture say about the antichrist in 7 year trib since we can rule out Daniel 9.

(6) Where does 7 year peace treaty, 7 seals and antichrist come in. Where in scripture is this, since we can rule out Daniel 9.

(7) Where do you think rapture occurs.

I'd also like to mention that I believe Daniel 12:11 the 1,290 days is speaking about 7 year trib. If you back up four scriptures you will find this... Daniel 12:7 And I heard the man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the stream; he raised his right hand and his left hand toward heaven and swore by him who lives forever that it would be for a time, times, and half a time, and that when the shattering of the power of the holy people comes to an end all these things would be finished.

Time - the first 3.5 years of trib

Times - the last 3.5 years of trib

Half a time - the 30 extra days

- DRS81

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  359
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/30/1998