alphaparticle

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,363
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  5

I realize this topic has been done before, but as it is appearing on the forum again there seems to be reason to bring it up. So what do you guys think, yes or no? Why or why not?

For myself, I came in as an evolutionist and I have seen no reason to change that position. I believe that God created everything, is omnipotent and omniscient, and in my mind this entire thing is about method or mechanism of creating. God could have done it in any way, the evidence suggests this particular way.

The reason I am saved is because of the following:

rom 10:9-11 if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.For the Scripture says, “Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame.”

I believe that Jesus is Lord and that He was resurrected from the dead on the third day.

If your question is whether or not it is possible someone can be saved and believe in evolution, I suppose it is possible, but the person is believing a lie.  You can't believe the Bible and believe in evolution because they contradict each other.  The New Testament shows Adam and Eve are real people, and that it was because of their original sin in the garden death came upon everyone.  Evolution is basically a way of trying to explain how we got here without God. 

If your question is whether or not it is possible someone can be saved and believe in evolution, I suppose it is possible, but the person is believing a lie.  You can't believe the Bible and believe in evolution because they contradict each other.  The New Testament shows Adam and Eve are real people, and that it was because of their original sin in the garden death came upon everyone.  Evolution is basically a way of trying to explain how we got here without God. 

Right. I would expect that someone who is a Creationist think that I am accepting a lie as an evolutionist insofar as obviously they are going to think I'm wrong. That in itself isn't surprising. That's why I wanted to address specifically the question about whether or not someone can be genuinely saved and accept evolution.

We could expand it and ask how much this could possibly affect other areas of Christian life, if there isn't much to say about the salvation question itself.

Brother, evolution has nothing to do with your salvation. I AM NOT questioning your salvation. But, evolution is not consistant with the Biblical account of creation, which is GOD breathed. It you don't believe that the Bible is 100% truth, than you believe that GOD lied to us. You can say that the Bible has been changed throughout the ages by man, but the original Greek translation is known to be the true translation of the original text and the original text gives us the 7 literal day creation. I repeat it here: If GOD lied to us once, than we cannot believe anything that the Bible says; we cannot be assured that Christ's sacrifice is sufficient to save us.

Brother, evolution has nothing to do with your salvation. I AM NOT questioning your salvation. But, evolution is not consistant with the Biblical account of creation, which is GOD breathed. It you don't believe that the Bible is 100% truth, than you believe that GOD lied to us. You can say that the Bible has been changed throughout the ages by man, but the original Greek translation is known to be the true translation of the original text and the original text gives us the 7 literal day creation. I repeat it here: If GOD lied to us once, than we cannot believe anything that the Bible says; we cannot be assured that Christ's sacrifice is sufficient to save us.

When I first came to the faith I didn't trust the Bible particularly. I came to believe that Jesus was resurrected while doubting much of the Bible. I suppose that is a part of why I have a different perspective on this also. Over time, God showed me to take the Bible seriously, authoritatively, and so I do, but that was months after first believing in Jesus as Lord.

Right. I would expect that someone who is a Creationist think that I am accepting a lie as an evolutionist insofar as obviously they are going to think I'm wrong. That in itself isn't surprising. That's why I wanted to address specifically the question about whether or not someone can be genuinely saved and accept evolution.

We could expand it and ask how much this could possibly affect other areas of Christian life, if there isn't much to say about the salvation question itself.

I started a thread sometime back showing how evolution is contrary to the Christian faith, and evolutionists wanted to debate it from a scientific standpoint.  There is no way someone can believe the Bible and evolution.  Can someone believe in Jesus and be saved and believe in evolution?  I suppose it is possible. 

To believe in evolution, you can't believe in original sin as recorded in Genesis.  You can't believe Adam and Eve are real people, and scripture shows we all come from Adam and Eve in the geneologies.  You can't believe that sin and death came upon mankind because Adam ate of the forbidden fruit.  You can't believe we need a savior because of Adam's transgression.  A person that believes in evolution has to find creative ways to come up with an alternative version of the creation and why we need a savior.  My question is why would someone who believes in evolution believe in Jesus?  We know who Jesus is because of the witness of the authors of the Bible.  If we can't believe what we are told about creation, why believe what they said about salvation? 

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

They could be Christian but lack understanding on the topic.

I started a thread sometime back showing how evolution is contrary to the Christian faith, and evolutionists wanted to debate it from a scientific standpoint.  There is no way someone can believe the Bible and evolution.  Can someone believe in Jesus and be saved and believe in evolution?  I suppose it is possible. 

To believe in evolution, you can't believe in original sin as recorded in Genesis.  You can't believe Adam and Eve are real people, and scripture shows we all come from Adam and Eve in the geneologies.  You can't believe that sin and death came upon mankind because Adam ate of the forbidden fruit.  You can't believe we need a savior because of Adam's transgression.  A person that believes in evolution has to find creative ways to come up with an alternative version of the creation and why we need a savior.  My question is why would someone who believes in evolution believe in Jesus?  We know who Jesus is because of the witness of the authors of the Bible.  If we can't believe what we are told about creation, why believe what they said about salvation? 

Part of my response to you is in my response to Parker, above.

Second, it's entirely possible to accept evolution and think that Adam and Eve were historical people. On that particular matter I'm agnostic. Either way, I believe in the sinful condition of humanity and believe that is one key thing Genesis set out to show to us.

Second, it's entirely possible to accept evolution and think that Adam and Eve were historical people. On that particular matter I'm agnostic. Either way, I believe in the sinful condition of humanity and believe that is one key thing Genesis set out to show to us.

How can you believe in evolution and believe we are all descendants of Adam and Eve? 

How can you believe in evolution and believe we are all descendants of Adam and Eve? 

Well, it may be that Adam and Eve were historical people, the first ones that God gave a particular 'human' spirit to. Then, we are all literally descendents from these first two human beings.