alphaparticle

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,363
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  5

I understand that there are things in our DNA that are in common with animals, but couldn't that just be because we have the same creator, and he made those slight changes when he fashioned us into the beings we are? 

Sure, but the amount of DNA, and the specific code that is similar,strongly suggests the truth of phylogenetic trees. God could have made it that way but at that point it seems He'd be making it to look like we came from the same original creature even though we don't.

If I am an artist, I can take the same clay and fashion it into all kinds of things that are completely different, but the original material is the same in all of those things.  A vase didn't change into a pitcher, or a plate into an ash tray, yet they all share the same original building blocks. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,718
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Absolutely they can. Its not a salvation issue, the bible does not say "repent, be baptized and accept creation to be saved". Now, don't get me wrong, in my studies Christians who accept evolution are completely wrote to do so-but being wrong about that is not. The. Unfpprgiveable sin. After all none of us can be right about everything.

Alright. What i mean for the purposes of this thread is something like this: evolution is the theory that living things on earth share a common ancestor. So, common ancestry.

I still don't understand your idea of evolution. If we all came from Adam and Eve ancestry and God made Adam and Eve, then aren't we all in the image of God. God being the origin?

In this world, everything decays and returns to dust. It does not evolve, but devolves. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Not ashes to plankton-to-fish-to-reptile-to-mammal-to-ape-to-neandthal-to-homosapien-to-.......gods? That would have to be the likely progression, wouldn't it? Immortality. Where have we heard that before and who has convinced the world that it is possible?

Alright. What i mean for the purposes of this thread is something like this: evolution is the theory that living things on earth share a common ancestor. So, common ancestry.

I still don't understand your idea of evolution. If we all came from Adam and Eve ancestry and God made Adam and Eve, then aren't we all in the image of God. God being the origin?

Adam was made in the image of GOD. But GOD is Spirit. His image is love, truth, faithfulness...... Adam was created immortal. When he sinned, he died spiritually and began to die physically. He became mortal, he lost the image of GOD. That is why he was barred from eating from the Tree of Life "least they become like us." Read your Bible.

Adam was made in the image of GOD. But GOD is Spirit. His image is love, truth, faithfulness...... Adam was created immortal. When he sinned, he died spiritually and began to die physically. He became mortal, he lost the image of GOD. That is why he was barred from eating from the Tree of Life "least they become like us." Read your Bible.

Parker1, I already know this. I was asking in hopes to teach him. Geez.