Guest Christian Soldier

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20
  • Days Won:  0

What benefit do conspiracy theories have in the Body?

I will say this once more, and that will be all. If the truth is that we live in an evil empire, then convincing the body of this, and they they should not be supportive of such an empire, is inarguably profitable.

2 John 9-11. John writes, "Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds."

QED

That is all. Mods, make you decisions, we will have to live with that, and thank you all for the worderful boards you have given us.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It truly is an artform to take so little from so much and ignore the basic principles of what is taught. Seeing as how you were willfully ignorant to the first part of what I said which addressed this issue of "truth", for your reading pleasure once again:

Where there is truth there is God. This is a fact. However, this does not mean that God is seen. God is only seen when truth is exposed in love. Likewise, the truth that is suppose to be exposed is that of the Gospel...not of man-made plots and schemes. Are we so suprised that governments run by fallen men engulfed in their sin nature are corruptable and possibly corrupted? Must we seek the depths of the conspiracies to confirm that our government might be evil? Does it require us to read lengthy articles of civilan and soldiers dying in gruesome ways before we realize that we are in an evil world? I would hope not.

Jesus tells us that we will hear of wars and rumors of wars. Nation will rise against nation, people against people, and tribe against tribe. Yet we are not to be suprised, or worried. Why is this? The simple truth is that God is in control. Thus, why waste our time trying to uncover the plots of men or to expose the nakedness of our political figures when we are to expect it anyway? Instead, we should be sharing the truth of the Gospel instead of talking about how wrong this war is or how evil our government is. What soldier is lead to Christ when you say he committed a war crime? What idealistic eighteen year old in army fatigues finds the love of Christ in a conspiracy theory?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  627
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Are we so suprised that governments run by fallen men engulfed in their sin nature are corruptable and possibly corrupted?

No, though some do seem quite alarmed at the idea of the US gov't being evil.

Must we seek the depths of the conspiracies to confirm that our government might be evil?

Not neccessarily, though some may have a desire to know in which direction a conspiracy may be taking us. I see nothnig wrong with this, so long as it, like anything else, does not take a higher place than God in one's life.

Does it require us to read lengthy articles of civilan and soldiers dying in gruesome ways before we realize that we are in an evil world?

It does not.

Thus, why waste our time trying to uncover the plots of men or to expose the nakedness of our political figures when we are to expect it anyway?

Once again, bacause many within the body have chosen to side, unknowingly, with evil men. This is clearly soemthing we are supposed to avoid.

Instead, we should be sharing the truth of the Gospel instead of talking about how wrong this war is or how evil our government is.

I do not see the neccessity of sharing the gospel with those already within the body. Study is another issue altogether. I choose to contribut little to the ongiong studies here, as I spend my study time elsewhere, and simply do not have the time to do another. Scripture is lengthy and there is much to be learned from it, and I do not think I would be doin any of the studies here justice with the meager amount of time I have to spend on these boards. I apologize if this offends or upsets anyone.

What soldier is lead to Christ when you say he committed a war crime?

Are you saying that we should not expose wrongdoing when it occurs?

What idealistic eighteen year old in army fatigues finds the love of Christ in a conspiracy theory?

What idealistic eighteen year old in army fatigues finds the love of Christ in war?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20

No, though some do seem quite alarmed at the idea of the US gov't being evil.

Of course it is evil, yet it is also ordained by God. While it is evil this does not mean God is not in control.

Not neccessarily, though some may have a desire to know in which direction a conspiracy may be taking us. I see nothnig wrong with this, so long as it, like anything else, does not take a higher place than God in one's life.

Your actions contradict your belief on this matter. You have been active only in political post...I have yet to see you traverse anywhere else on these boards.

Once again, bacause many within the body have chosen to side, unknowingly, with evil men. This is clearly soemthing we are supposed to avoid.

You are suggesting that a spirit-filled believer would fall into a vast deception? Let me ask you, did the Holy Spirit die or go on vacation and place you in charge? I also ask you to define what an evil man is. The man who sends thousand of soldiers to their death in a war, or the Christian who hates a fellow brother in his heart and speaks hate of him as well. I tell you that if the man who send soldiers to die is guilty of sin, then so much more is the Christian. Many on this board have called Bush an evil man, talked of how they hate him, etc. Bush is a self-proclaimed Christian and has the personal actions to back it up within his life. There are two books written on this issue as well. It is not our place to judge his salvation or stance with God, yet many do. This is an act of hate. Thus I ask you, who is more evil, you or Bush?

You're right, i am. If a person's eternal state is in the balance, calling them a murderer and condemning them for war crimes isn't going to help. While I think if they have occured (which they haven't) then justice should be done, but that should be up to the government and secular peoples. As for the Christian, their salvation should be the main concern.

What idealistic eighteen year old in army fatigues finds the love of Christ in war?

My dad.

Your actions contradict your belief on this matter. You have been active only in political post...I have yet to see you traverse anywhere else on these boards.

No, they do not. You only know me from what I post on these boards, you heven't an inkling of how I spend the rest of my time.

You are suggesting that a spirit-filled believer would fall into a vast deception?

Many will say to me on that day,

Edited by M45510G1C

oh we absolutely should!

But too much of the conspiracy theorys are working on preconceived notions instead of factual information. In their paranoia, every person who has a job in government, the military, or the police are a party to the New World Order and is out to "get us"

Michael Moore is perhaps the most famous example. His entire purpose for producing Farenheit 911 was to discredit Bush. He wasn't on a truth finding mission...he was on a truth-bending misssion.

He took events out of context and mischaracterized them to suit his own political agenda. THIS is exactly what "some" folks have been doing here and most of us are just sick of it. If someone has a righteous and godly agenda there is no problem. However, if the only point of a persons repeated posts is to sow strife among us then who needs it?

Philippians 4:8

Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.

I have accused Bush of being evil, but I do not believe I have ever brought his salvation into question.

as if an evil person could even be a saved person?

But too much of the conspiracy theorys are working on preconceived notions instead of factual information. In their paranoia, every person who has a job in government, the military, or the police are a party to the New World Order and is out to "get us"

You are correct here, and I belive this to be a plot of Satan's. Plant a million false, or only partially true theories, and the truth will be that much harder to find. Many stop seeking because they encounter so many outright lies, crackpot theories, and general nonsense.

Michael Moore is perhaps the most famous example. His entire purpose for producing Farenheit 911 was to discredit Bush. He wasn't on a truth finding mission...he was on a truth-bending mission.

He took events out of context and mischaracterized them to suit his own political agenda. THIS is exactly what "some" folks have been doing here and most of us are just sick of it. If someone has a righteous and godly agenda there is no problem. However, if the only point of a persons repeated posts is to sow strife among us then who needs it?

:b:

Agreed, again, my intent has never been to sow strife, and I apologize if it has ever seemed that way. I have searched for truth for a long time, and have good reason to believe what I do. It is unfortunate that the truth is able to cause so much strife however. Satan is a master of deception, not only does he lead people astray, but he tries to wrap truth in lies.

as if an evil person could even be a saved person?

This is debateable. What is an evil person? We are all, by nature evil, and only through the redemptive power of Christ can we hope to be cleansed. When I say an "evil man", I mean a man who does more harm than good. Are we justified by faith or by works? If we are justified by faith, as I believe we are, is it not possible that a man could believe (and be saved accordingly), and still do more harm than good?

EDIT: To clarify, I do not know that Bush is not saved, but I also do not know that he is saved.

Edited by M45510G1C

And neither do I know you are saved but I take your word for it when you confess it openly in a public forum....just like Bush does in a much tougher environment than a user who does this anonymously on a message board.

But don't take this "new" policy personally. I doubt that it's referring to your responses in particular.

The point is that there should be "some" redeeming quality to our communications here.

And neither do I know you are saved but I take your word for it when you confess it openly in a public forum....just like Bush does in a much tougher environment than a user who does this anonymously on a message board.

But if I were to come here and do nothing but cause trouble, use obscenities, and generally be unpleasant, all while claiming to be saved, would you then take me at my word? Actions speak louder than words, brother.

But don't take this "new" policy personally. I doubt that it's referring to your responses in particular.

The point is that there should be "some" redeeming quality to our communications here.

I understand that it is likely not a result of any action on my part, I do not like the fact that I can no longer speak on those issues however. It is just something that I will have to deal with. I do agree that there should be some redeeming quality to posts, and people who make unsubstantiated claims and engage in constant mudslinging should not even bother posting. For me, that redeeming quality here is a search for truth, after all, isn't that what life is about, finding truth and helping others find that truth as well?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

I have accused Bush of being evil, but I do not believe I have ever brought his salvation into question.

Uh, what? :b: Is there such a thing as an evil Christian? LOL

Uh, what? blink.gif Is there such a thing as an evil Christian? LOL

Please see my above post:

This is debateable. What is an evil person? We are all, by nature evil, and only through the redemptive power of Christ can we hope to be cleansed. When I say an "evil man", I mean a man who does more harm than good. Are we justified by faith or by works? If we are justified by faith, as I believe we are, is it not possible that a man could believe (and be saved accordingly), and still do more harm than good?

EDIT: To clarify, I do not know that Bush is not saved, but I also do not know that he is saved.