IGNORED

Should there be a thank you AT LEAST

Maybe you could just bring it up in a topic of conversation sometime so no one will get hurt but you will get your point across.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep...there is definetely some miscommuncating going on.

Bring what up?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0

Maybe you could just bring it up in a topic of conversation sometime so no one will get hurt but you will get your point across.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep...there is definetely some miscommuncating going on.

Bring what up?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He's saying Judy could casually bring up the issue of being thankful for what God gives us. The woman taking advantage of her perhaps has never been taught to learn the virtues of thankfulness.

I was taught this and of course, it's very useful as a Christian because we then know the proper response to our Lord as He bestows so much grace and goodness upon us.

This is a little off topic ...pls indulge me..

Remember a movie, "Nell" (Jodie Foster) where a girl had lived alone in the mountains after her mother died and was unable to talk? The poor girl was frightened of people and completely unsocialized. She couldn't speak normal English but some strange language with some words of English mixed with babble.

The kind scientists who came in were willing to take their time to carefully and gently build her trust, teach her the language and guide her so she might be able to function in a normal world.

I think we have a lot of "Nell's" out there living lives of quiet desperation...not understanding why their lives are in such distress. They need guidance as they need food and water. Jesus is our model and we set that example.

We have so many people in our ghettos who just don't know HOW to function in a normal society and never learned core principals of how to give, love, share, be kind, et al....because they were never taught.

Sometimes, the greatest gift of love isn't indulging someone not in true physical need. It's guidance.

It always depends on the person and situation. I think Judy's situation calls for gentle guidance with her friend. She needs to be taught important social skills for her own good.

You know, bruh...I love the old saying: Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime.

It's good to feed a man a day but for God's sake, give the man a leg up and help him to become productive. He needs to know God's purpose in his life.

He's saying Judy could casually bring up the issue of being thankful for what God gives us. The woman taking advantage of her perhaps has never been taught to learn the virtues of thankfulness.

oh...

my distance to this conversation now is because my initial discernment of this person is that they've already seen God (and therefore thankfulness also) in Judy's life and have strategicaly decided to take advantage of it.

Hopefully, she has taught this person everything that she can teach them but there does come a point where she is no longer responsible to show or teach them anything but forgiveness as she leaves them to accept the consequences of their own decisions. That is love also.

"When do we do that?" is the only difference of opinion being discussed (I think?) Cats might probably follow this person right the Gate of Hades if she thought she could "fix" them. From what I've heard so far, Judy should probably just leave this person alone.

So when do we stop offering any help at all?

When their actions show that they are unwilling to be taught. I'm NOT saying we no longer have any responsibility as representatives of the Messiah towards this person...but we have no responsibility of fulfilling their every request if they have rejected or abused our good will.

Cats might probably follow this person right the Gate of Hades if she thought she

Yea, YOD....you know anyone who'd witness outright in a Muslim country right out in public without any concern for being killed by the crowds has gotta be a bit off their rocker.

this makes you the bravest person I know on the Worthy Boards, sister.

And there's more to the story that just that...

I don't know about brave...maybe just nuts...lol!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  95
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  03/20/1980

oh...

my distance to this conversation now is because my initial discernment of this person is that they've already seen God (and therefore thankfulness also) in Judy's life and have strategicaly decided to take advantage of it.

Hopefully, she has taught this person everything that she can teach them but there does come a point where she is no longer responsible to show or teach them anything but forgiveness as she leaves them to accept the consequences of their own decisions. That is love also.

"When do we do that?" is the only difference of opinion being discussed (I think?) Cats might probably follow this person right the Gate of Hades if she thought she could "fix" them. From what I've heard so far, Judy should probably just leave this person alone.

So when do we stop offering any help at all?

When their actions show that they are unwilling to be taught. I'm NOT saying we no longer have any responsibility as representatives of the Messiah towards this person...but we have no responsibility of fulfilling their every request if they have rejected or abused our good will.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree Yod that i should not have to bring it up in conversation or teach her any thing i mean the girl is a mother of two and a believer in christ( she is just not dedicated) i think to some extent she must know what she is doing but I have definitly modified my genorosity and the only reason why i have to try is because she picks me up to go to work soo i have to deal with it (you know i just thought maybe she thinks i owe it to her)anyway .....I used to drive us to work untill i had a car accident and she had to get a car and now well you know...i just wait patiently till the lords will -will allow me to get this new car god knows i'm bothered with the sitution(whether she knows it or not) i believe in gods deliverance GREATly :)

you guys have definitly helped me to come to a conclusion and this is not just for u Yod but for everyone I'm taking care .....all with gods help :)

praise god

Edited by DearJudy,OurLord

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  11/25/1983

I agree Yod that i should not have to bring it up in conversation or teach her any thing i mean the girl is a mother of two and a believer in christ( she is just not dedicated) i think to some extent she must know what she is doing but I have definitly modified my genorosity and the only reason why i have to try is because she picks me up to go to work soo i have to deal with it  (you know i just thought maybe she thinks i owe it to her)anyway .....I used  to drive us to work untill i had a car accident and she had to get a car and now well you know...i just wait patiently till the lords will -will allow me to get this new car god knows i'm bothered with the sitution(whether she knows it or not) i believe in gods deliverance GREATly  ;)

you guys have definitly helped me to come to a conclusion and this is not just for u Yod but for everyone I'm taking care .....all with gods help    :laugh:

praise god

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey Dear Judy ~

I was just wondering, Do YOU thank HER EVERY time she picks you up and EVERY time she takes you home? Just wondering. Actions speak louder than words. ALso, maybe she is the type of person that feels owed...not that it makes it right. You should pray for her...if she isn't a dedicated Christain, that is a huge problem. (I am open to ALL of Cats as well as others input.)

Cats, I may be wrong...BUt if this lady had a better relationship with GOD then she will bear the fruit of the spirit and she will have kindness among the others....thus, solving this problem...I don't know, I am just using what I know.

Love ya, HIS

That's why I say she needs prayer, not payment.