Aida

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I am curious about the Jehovahs Witness doctrine. What do they believe?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  67
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

From carm:

According to Jehovah's Witness' theology, God is a single person, not a Trinity, who does not know all things and is not everywhere. He first created Michael the Archangel through whom He created all "other things," including the universe, the earth, Adam and Eve, etc. This creative work took God 42,000 years. At one point, The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society taught that God ruled the universe from somewhere in the Pleiades star system. They have since modified this to say that the "Pleiades can no longer be considered the center of the universe and it would be unwise for us to try to fix God's throne as being at a particular spot in the universe."1 Such changes and even contradictions in teaching are frequent in the Watchtower organization and when a doctrine changes, they tell their followers that the light of truth is getting brighter.

After Adam sinned, the paradise which God had created for them, was ruined. So, God instituted a system of redemption which was revealed in the Bible and would ultimately lead to the crucifixion of Jesus the messiah. But, in the meantime, God needed to have a visible, theocratic organization on earth to accurately represent Him. Throughout history, this true organization had a remnant of faithful Jehovah's Witnesses (Noah, Abraham, Moses, David, etc.) but it wasn't until the late 1800's that Charles Taze Russell formerly began what is now known as the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society which is run out of Brooklyn, New York. This organization claims to be the only true channel of God's truth on earth today and that it alone can properly interpret God's word since it is the angel directed, prophet of God on earth.

When it came time for the savior to be born, Michael the Archangel became a human, in the form of Jesus. Jesus grew and kept all the laws of God and never sinned. Finally, when Jesus died, it was not on a cross, but on a torture stake, where he bore the sins of mankind -- but this did not include Adam's sins. Jesus rose from the dead as a spirit, not physically (his body was dissolved and taken by God) and during his visitations to people on earth, he manifested a temporary physical body for them to see and touch. Thus began the true Christian church of Jehovah's followers.

Throughout history there have been faithful Jehovah's witnesses who have managed to keep The Truth in spite of the "demonic" doctrine of Trinitarianism that has permeated the Christian church in "Christendom." Christendom is filled with pastors who are antichrists, in churches run by Satan, and who support the earthly governments which are all of the devil. In other words, all of Christianity is false and only the Jehovah's Witness "theocratic" organization lead by several men in Brooklyn, New York, is true.

In the late 1800's, a young man of 18 years, by the name of Charles Taze Russell, organized a Bible class in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. In 1879 he sought to popularize his ideas on doctrine so he co-published The Herald of the Morning magazine with its founder, N. H. Barbour and by 1884 Russell controlled the publication and renamed it The Watchtower Announcing Jehovah's Kingdom, and founded Zion's Watch Tower Tract Society (now known as the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society). Russell served as the teacher and guide for the organization which taught that Jesus returned invisibly in 1914 and is now reigning in heaven. When Jesus finally returns physical to earth, which will happen at the time of the Battle of Armageddon, He will set up his earthly 1000 year kingdom. During this 1000 year period, people will be resurrected and have a second chance to receive eternal salvation by following the principles of Jehovah's Organization on earth known as the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. After the millennium, those who reject God and His organization will be annihilated; that is, they will cease to exist. The rest of the Jehovah's Witness who have faithfully followed God's organization on earth will be saved from eternal annihilation and reside forever on Paradise earth. Heaven, however, is a place for a special group of 144,000 Jehovah's Witnesses -- the only ones who are "born again" and who alone are allowed to take communion in their annual communion service. These are the ones who have "immortal life," all other Witnesses have "everlasting life." Those with immortal life do not have resurrected bodies. They have "spirit bodies." Those on Paradise Earth have everlasting life and consists of a resurrected body that must be maintained through eating, rest, etc.

When you study with the Jehovah's Witness, you agree to attend five meetings a week where you are taught from Watchtower literature. You cannot be baptized until you have studied their material for at least six months and have answered numerous questions before a panel of elders. Men are not supposed have long hair or wear beards and women are to dress in modest apparel. They refuse to vote, salute the flag, sing the "Star Spangled Banner, celebrate birthdays or Christmas, won't take blood transfusions, and they can't join the armed forces. A schedule of door-to-door canvassing is required where you distribute the Watchtower literature, acquire donations, and forward all monies to the headquarters in Brooklyn, New York.

If you ever leave the Jehovah's Witness organization, you are considered an apostate and are to be shunned.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  178
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Every JW I've met can't seem to function normally in society. It's like they're from another planet. :noidea:

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  2,063
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  1

Dear Cherub Rocket,

This is just my opinion. You don't have to accept it if you dislike it. DISCLAIMER: I am not a christian.

Every JW I've met can't seem to function normally in society. It's like they're from another planet

That of course would depend on what you define as "normal" and to which society you may be referring.

In Brooklyn Heights, a part of NYC, the JWs are plentiful, and they function perfectly normally within their own society. I have often felt the one out of place when I walk through that neighborhood. It depends on your perspective, and your ability to step outside yourself once in a while.

Regards,

UndecidedFrog

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  178
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Well from what I've observed, most of the JW's aren't normal. I know a JW who has been so sheltered from EVERYTHING (even birthday parties!) that she can't even interact with others. And when they come to my door, they won't even identify themselves. Always very unfriendly. All they want is for me to buy their publications.

Mormons are normal people.

S.D. Adventists are normal people.

Catholics are normal people.

So what's up with the JW's?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  274
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  09/16/1955

=UndecidedFrog,Dec 9 2004, 12:30 AM]

Dear Cherub Rocket,

This is just my opinion.  You don't have to accept it if you dislike it.  DISCLAIMER:  I am not a christian.

Why are you undecided? do you understand the plan of salvation? what is it that keeps you from having faith? and believing in him? if you have any questions that are keeping you from coming to know Jesus as savior, I would be happy to try and answer them, the plan of salvation is pretty straight forward, would it be okay if those on this board prayed for God to give you the faith and an open heart to recieve his truth. may God show you his mercy, amen.

Dear John3;16,

This is just my opinion. You don't have to accept it if you dislike it. DISCLAIMER: I am not a christian.

Thanks for your post. You asked me several questions. I shall attempt to answer them:

Why are you undecided?

I am not undecided about some things such as religion. I am undecided about other things, like what color shirt I will wear on Monday. My screen name is UndecidedFrog, which was given to me by MSN many years ago. I had a choice between UndecidedFrog and RustyNail. BTW, I am not a frog either.

do you understand the plan of salvation?

If you mean christian salvation, yes, I think I understand what is required. It must start with the acceptance of the original sin concept and the belief and accptance that jesus christ is god and saviour of one's soul. On top of that one needs to repent one's sins in order to obtain salvation. Additionally, baptism is a controversial requirement as well.

what is it that keeps you from having faith?

I do not know what it is that keeps me from having faith. I do not know what it is that gives others faith. Maybe you can tell me what gives you faith?

and believing in him?

I do not believe in jesus christ as god because I have seen no evidence to support that. But then, that's me. I tend to be skeptical about incredible claims.

if you have any questions that are keeping you from coming to know Jesus as savior, I would be happy to try and answer them, the plan of salvation is pretty straight forward, would it be okay if those on this board prayed for God to give you the faith and an open heart to recieve his truth. may God show you his mercy, amen.

I have read the bible many times in several versions. I have heard different interpretations of the bible from different people. I remain unconvinced. I do not mind people praying for me and wishing me good things. I kind of prefer that to people calling me "dust" or other unmentionable things. ;)

Regards,

UndecidedFrog

Undecided frog

I would like to thank you for allowing me to share my faith, and that is what it is, but faith can only come through Gods word (Romans 10:17) and faith will only grow and become strong when we receive the Spirit of Truth (Holy Spirit) I will list some verses I believe will give credence to these precepts.

Romans|10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Romans|10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

Romans|10:15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

Romans|10:16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

Romans|10:17 So then faith

Dear John3;16,

Thank you for your response. However, I don't think you have answered my question. Why do you believe?

if you ask him for faith he will give it to you, it is not Gods will that any should perish,

I have been there, I have done that. Nothing has been given to me. I also doubt that it is god's will that none should perish. If this were the case, salvation, or whatever reward would be granted to all, believers and unbelievers alike. For most beliefs believe in an omnipotent god who can certainly achieve his will.

Regards,

UndecidedFrog

Undecided Frog

What gives me faith is Gods word, God does not lie, do Christians have doubts about their faith, or whether or not they are really saved?, at times they do, I know this personally and through Christian study groups and speaking to other Christians, You my friend are making this a lot more complicated than it is, if you ask God to save you, then he has saved you, I believe you are suffering from an identity crisis, you are a son of the King and your walking around in a defeated life, God loves you beyond what your mind can even comprehend, would God pay such a great price for something he did not value,

Another revealing fact is that you have read through the bible several times, someone who is not a Christian would not do this, he would have no interest in the things of the Lord, much less His Word, and the last clue, you converse with Christians on W.B. if you were not a Christian you would not post here.

This reminds me of