IGNORED

To cover or not to cover ?

Izzel

Head covering   

17 members have voted

1. 1. Should Christian women cover their heads ?

• YES
    • NO
    • OTHER

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,197
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

blowndownandcover.jpg really :45:

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  3

ROFL

Guest Butero

ROFL

Not you too???  I suppose it doesn't matter.  By now, everyone knows where everyone stands on this subject. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,197
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

ROFL

Not you too???  I suppose it doesn't matter.  By now, everyone knows where everyone stands on this subject.

I believe if your re-examine my position I not standing...

Guest Butero

ROFL

I noticed that you didn't know much about the story of the woman in adultery, thinking that there was only one Pharisee and one Sadducee that brought her to Jesus.  I knew better than that the first year I was in church. 

The question posed in the OP was about whether a woman should cover her head.  I suppose we should ask the same thing about a man.  It just comes down to whether or not people want to obey scripture, or since they are given the OK to be contentious if they desire, ignore it.  I stand on the side of obedience, so I keep my hair very short.  Others want to make a joke of God's Word, and that is fine. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  370
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

ROFL

I noticed that you didn't know much about the story of the woman in adultery, thinking that there was only one Pharisee and one Sadducee that brought her to Jesus.  I knew better than that the first year I was in church. 

The question posed in the OP was about whether a woman should cover her head.  I suppose we should ask the same thing about a man.  It just comes down to whether or not people want to obey scripture, or since they are given the OK to be contentious if they desire, ignore it.  I stand on the side of obedience, so I keep my hair very short.  Others want to make a joke of God's Word, and that is fine. 

Yea, that Jesus and His long hair, no wonder they wanted to crucify Him...

Someone should also send God a notification for creating the Man as to have hair that grows. He did see it was all good, though.

Edited by Diatheosis

Thou sayest:

" I noticed that you didn't know much about the story of the woman in adultery, thinking that there was only one Pharisee and one Sadducee that brought her to Jesus."

I think we get confused on these threads about who is saying what!

1) I never said anything about 1 Phar & 1 unFair bringing a woman to the Lord Jesus.

2) The story of the woman taken in adultery is an apocryphal story interjected into the start of John 8.  It is not in the oldest manuscripts.  And the idea that no one could judge or act on a jury unless he were free from sin would mean there would never be any trials, nor criminals brought to justice.

That story must be the most known story among the ungodly & non-Christians.  But it is apocryphal; not part of God's word.

Thou sayest: " cover her head. I suppose we should ask the same thing about a man.

Perhaps you never read 1 Cor 11?  the topic of a man's head being covered is discussed there.

Thou sayest:  "
Yea, that Jesus and His long hair, no wonder they wanted to crucify Him..."

There is no Bible vs whatsoever that says that the Lord Jesus had long hair.  Methinks the idea of the Lord Jesus wearing long hair arose in the middle ages.  Look at statues of men in AD I in the Roman empire & tell me what you see.  1 Cor 11 is against Him having had long hair. 

The Nazirites were a special group of persons on a vow who wore hair long (like Samson) until the vow was done, at which point it was cut or shaved off.  I take this possibly as taking a position of shame, like self-abnegation.  The evidence is against the Lord Jesus being a Nazirite (no connection with Nazarene), tho perhaps John the Baptist was.

"  Others want to make a joke of God's Word, and that is fine.
"

It is great that you take His Word seriously, like the Psalmist of 119.

Guest Butero

ROFL

Yea, that Jesus and His long hair, no wonder they wanted to crucify Him...

Someone should also send God a notification for creating the Man as to have hair that grows. He did see it was all good, though.

First of all, there is no proof Jesus had long hair.  I don't believe he did.  Second, hair grows, but that doesn't mean we should never cut it, just like finger nails grow, but that doesn't mean we should never cut them.  That is an absurd argument. 

The passage in 1 Corinthians is part of the Bible.  Nothing you or anyone else say can change that.  All contentious people seem to do is give excuses why we should ignore the passage entirely, as though it doesn't exist.  You are attacking scripture, while appearing like you are disputing with me.  I didn't write 1 Corinthians.