IGNORED

How do scientists determine we share 98% of our DNA with Chimps?

jerryR34

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,046
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/30/1960

What I was saying if there are similarities it would seem natural since the code is needed for all life.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  588
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  11/12/1969

The Polyfunctional  or 3 Dimensional aspects of DNA are not apart of the equation,

Could you please expand on this or cite some references?  I get the impression you have no idea what you are talking about when you toss this stuff out and then make irrelevant analogies (the water one for instance...)

Which should not be a surprise.  After all, we all live in the biosphere.  Adam and Eve had the 98% as well.

=====================================================================

We don't share 90% with Chimps LOL,

What if we do?  Why does that threaten you to the point of denying sound science?  All life contains DNA which is made up of only 4 nucleobases, all life is going to share some similarities.  Sometimes it's as if someone yells "white", you are compelled you yell "black". 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

What if we do?  Why does that threaten you to the point of denying sound science?  All life contains DNA which is made up of only 4 nucleobases, all life is going to share some similarities.  Sometimes it's as if someone yells "white", you are compelled you yell "black". 

===================================================================================

What if there were 3 Toed Leprechauns Throwing Pixie Dust into a Black Hole past the Crab Nebula?

I rarely entertain hypotheticals... life is vexing enough as it is.

Why does that threaten you to the point of denying sound science?

It doesn't.  It's something you conjured in your mind and assigned to me.

Sound Science?  Wake me up when you post some.

All life contains DNA which is made up of only 4 nucleobases, all life is going to share some similarities.

That's Profound

Sometimes it's as if someone yells "white", you are compelled you yell "black".

Because unless you support that it's "white" through Cited Sources, sound reasoning/logic, or Obvious observations......It's "Black"

===================================================================================

What if there were 3 Toed Leprechauns Throwing Pixie Dust into a Black Hole past the Crab Nebula?

I rarely entertain hypotheticals... life is vexing enough as it is.

Why does that threaten you to the point of denying sound science?

It doesn't.  It's something you conjured in your mind and assigned to me.

Sound Science?  Wake me up when you post some.

All life contains DNA which is made up of only 4 nucleobases, all life is going to share some similarities.

That's Profound

Sometimes it's as if someone yells "white", you are compelled you yell "black".

Because unless you support that it's "white" through Cited Sources, sound reasoning/logic, or Obvious observations......It's "Black"

Yet you feel you should not be held to the same standard?

Sometimes it's as if someone yells "white", you are compelled you yell "black".... 

:thumbsup:

White~!

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. Genesis 2:7

Black~!

Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said Genesis 3:1 (a-c )

White~!

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Black~!

And they said, There is no hope: but we will walk after our own devices, and we will every one do the imagination of his evil heart. Jeremiah 18:12

White~!

I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely. Revelation 22:16-17

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

The Polyfunctional  or 3 Dimensional aspects of DNA are not apart of the equation,

Could you please expand on this or cite some references?  I get the impression you have no idea what you are talking about when you toss this stuff out and then make irrelevant analogies (the water one for instance...)

This is one of those times (which happens alot) where not much needs to be said after the question is posed.  In your specific case, with an additional (Cherry On Top) Insult attached because...what else is there, Right?

It's like when you're in class (I'm presuming here Jerry) when the Professor has conducted a lesson/block of instruction on a topic for like a week, but @ some point you were off day dreaming or whatever, and it's about to conclude and you have some questions, Obviously.  But you're hesitant (if you have any sense of reality or self-awareness) because you know the second you ask the question..... YOU'RE EXPOSED!!  The Gig is UP!! Everybody in class Including the Professor is quite well aware of Where you are @.

I think this is more than fair....I've sat here for weeks Jerry and systematically dismantled every single one of your: Conjectures, Assumptions, Half-Baked Postulates et al with either and/or : cited references, basic reasoning and critical thinking skills, @ times rather "pedestrian" scientific concepts. 

I've asked you @ least 25 just basic "science" questions without so much as a peep in return..... All I've gotten back were/are overt and implied insults. :foot-stomp:  All SUPPORTED BY,  just a Cursory Review of.....

To name just a few:

If you had stated like...."Hey, What in the World are you talking about....can you explain the Polyfunctional concept of DNA with cited support that sounds pretty Kool and then connect the Analogy?" (if needed).

I would be tripping over myself ASAP-ing the whole time with as much detail as possible.  But Nooooooooooo can't have that.

As Politely as possible....go find it yourself, OK?

Someone once said....... "if you do something over and over again expecting a different result" that's the definition of what_________?

This is one of those times (which happens alot) where not much needs to be said after the question is posed.  In your specific case, with an additional (Cherry On Top) Insult attached because...what else is there, Right?

It's like when you're in class (I'm presuming here Jerry) when the Professor has conducted a lesson/block of instruction on a topic for like a week, but @ some point you were off day dreaming or whatever, and it's about to conclude and you have some questions, Obviously.  But you're hesitant (if you have any sense of reality or self-awareness) because you know the second you ask the question..... YOU'RE EXPOSED!!  The Gig is UP!! Everybody in class Including the Professor is quite well aware of Where you are @.

I think this is more than fair....I've sat here for weeks Jerry and systematically dismantled every single one of your: Conjectures, Assumptions, Half-Baked Postulates et al with either and/or : cited references, basic reasoning and critical thinking skills, @ times rather "pedestrian" scientific concepts. 

I've asked you @ least 25 just basic "science" questions without so much as a peep in return..... All I've gotten back were/are overt and implied insults. :foot-stomp:  All SUPPORTED BY,  just a Cursory Review of.....

To name just a few:

If you had stated like...."Hey, What in the World are you talking about....can you explain the Polyfunctional concept of DNA with cited support that sounds pretty Kool and then connect the Analogy?" (if needed).

I would be tripping over myself ASAP-ing the whole time with as much detail as possible.  But Nooooooooooo can't have that.

As Politely as possible....go find it yourself, OK?

Someone once said....... "if you do something over and over again expecting a different result" that's the definition of what_________?

I guess it's my fault.  I've allowed you to make this about you, and you've run with it.  You have yet to cite your sources (except once when you said you made it up in your head).  I've recommended books which you've preferred to burn ("feeling sorry for the flame"), and you come back with snarky comments.  Science is not about you or me Enoch...start citing some peer-reviewed sources, or you are just words, and words do not change the natural world.  Just because it make sense to you does not mean it's science.

Darwin has a quote that thoroughly describes your musings on the Faith vs. Science sub forum:  "Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science."  Your assertions to much knowledge without citation are telling.  You fool fewer people than you think.

Edited by jerryR34

Darwin has a quote that thoroughly describes your musings on the Faith vs. Science sub forum: 

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge:

it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science." 

Your assertions to much knowledge without citation are telling. 

You fool fewer people than you think.

~

God Has A Quote

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Romans 3:23

That Ignorant Science Has Never Solved

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23

And All Assertions To The Problem Solving Ability Of Thinking Men

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? Mark 8:26-37

Has Never Provide A Believable Citation

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Of The Mercy And The Grace

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

Of Our LORD

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

You See

Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen. 1 John 5:21

God Has A Quote

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Romans 3:23