fire-heart

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  158
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  3

http://www.greatbiblestudy.com/why_cast_out_demons.php   The link is to a website that gives references to scripture that let you know that as a Christian you can cast out demons. We as Christians can command demonic spirits to leave in Jesus name. 

actually no i  cant, i know scripture says we can but i have never been able to. some ppl have the kind of faith to do such things, i have seen ppl who said since the bible says they can heal they were able to heal. the strength of their faith enabled them to do so and were not even truly saved. they did these things with their own strength of faith, i am the opposite. i have the neccisary faith but i cannot say to this mountain move and it moves. i cannot muster the word begone to demons or do healings and such on my own strength i have to rely completely on god for such a thing knowing he is able and if its his will he will do so. i guess its just not his will

It absolutely is His will. Jesus has all power and authority in heaven and on earth. The same Spirit who empowered Jesus to do the works he did lives in us. Paul makes this abundantly clear in Rom 8 and many other scriptures. The problem is that we must speak in faith AND not doubt when exercising this authority. Faith is a gift from God anyways, and God gives to each THE measure of faith. I believe THE measure is the indwelling presence of Holy Spirit. One must realize that it is not their authority apart from God, but the delegated authority IN God as a member of his Body on earth that rules over every demonic power. "In the name of Jesus" is not a metaphysical phrase that adds power to our prayer or declaration of faith! The name of Jesus is about His authority being used through us, just like a police officer saying "in the name of the law", or a soldier capturing an enemy "on the authority of the U.S. government". The gun is power, but the name is the authority (permission from higher up) to use it. Many people draw "the gun" on the enemy, but doubt their authority and ability to effectively use it on them and cannot get the job done. What we need is training at the Holy Ghost police academy, so we don not freeze up and doubt what we are called and empowered to do. Fear and doubt are the problem. Faith is the currency of heaven, so to speak. Fear and doubt are the currency of the devil and the world system, and we cannot spend both at the same time or they just cancel each other out. The enemy knows this, which is why he tests our resolve and tries to defy us when we command him to leave. If he can get us to fear, doubt, and/or believe some lies he is perpetrating upon us, then he makes himself a right to stay there and continue to vex us. At its root, it is a mind game with us. He "plays chicken" quite well, as demons have had several thousand years of practice on humans to perfect their tactics. But, remember what the devils said to the sons of Sceva, "We know Jesus, AND we know Paul.,..." They will know who you are if you actually learn to walk in your Christ-given authority! I have participated in some deliverances and house cleansings. Bro, it works...but you have to stand them down and not waiver around. Remember also how Peter had to clear the room of all the whining doubters before raising Dorcas from the dead. I encourage you to find your boldness in the Lord by searching many scripture passages on the subject and building yourself up in the inner man. Seek out someone mature, grounded, and experienced in these things to help if needed.

Blessings! Andy

PS- with a handle like "Fireheart" this should be easy!