• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  588
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/12/1969

===============================================================================

First IMHO....go back and re-read the OP slowly and look @ The Lists of Evidences and Their Support.

2nd Before you post....calm down and focus.

Are you saying that the fact the corona has been measured to be hotter than the photosphere disproves the second law?

I'm saying it Violates 2LOT........which it most certainly does.

I'm very calm, this forum does not affect me personally at all.  Not sure where that is coming from. 

If you think the corona being hotter than the photosphere violates the second law, then you should be disqualified from any further discussion.  See my many posts as to why.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

i leave my political affiliation at the door.  Politics has no place in science.  You seem to think that if science is proved wrong the whole house of cards falls.  Proving failure is what science is all about.  Failure drives science - that is how we learn.  Science is questioning answers, religon is answers with no questions... How much further along would we be scientifically (and maybe closer to God) if we had not been stifled by religion?  You are religon.

============================================================================

i leave my political affiliation at the door.  Politics has no place in science.

Well I was only using Democrats/Republicans as an analogy to drive home a point.  I could have used any number of Items (Sports teams, Song writers, Ice Cream outlets et al).

And Politics....as in Conceptually....is everywhere and especially in science (it shouldn't be but it is)

You seem to think that if science is proved wrong the whole house of cards falls. 

We have different definitions of what "science" is.  I'm only trying to bring the Fallacious "Science" House of Cards down....you know the one: the One that says there is NO GOD.

Proving failure is what science is all about.

That's what it is supposed to be....but it's not.   Please review Ad Hoc Hypothesis in depth.

Science is questioning answers, religon is answers with no questions.

Today's "Secular" Science is.....

Science = Naturalistic Explanations of Knowledge only.

The Irony turns into a Full Blown Contradiction, How?  Well "Naturalistic" explanations are Material....and Knowledge is SUPERNATURAL.  You can't put Information >>>>> Knowledge >>>>>> or TRUTH in a Jar and Paint it RED. .......

It's tantamount to trying to discover what we breathe...... but, "a priori" excluding AIR from the choices....and breathing it all while refusing to acknowledge its Existence!!!!!

How much further along would we be scientifically (and maybe closer to God) if we had not been stifled by religion?

Your Religion Term is to Generalized.   And.....

‘The philosophy of experimental science … began its discoveries and made use of its methods in the faith, not the knowledge, that it was dealing with a rational universe controlled by a creator who did not act upon whim nor interfere with the forces He had set in operation… It is surely one of the curious paradoxes of history that science, which professionally has little to do with faith, owes its origins to an act of faith that the universe can be rationally interpreted, and that science today is sustained by that assumption.

Eiseley, L., Darwin’s Century: Evolution and the Men who Discovered It, Doubleday, Anchor, New York, 1961

You are religon.

What does this mean?

==============================================================================

If you think the corona being hotter than the photosphere violates the second law, then you should be disqualified from any further discussion.  See my many posts as to why.

Sorry, This is all I have to say to that........ :huh:

And a disqualified "Cherry On Top", eh?   As I said, Go ahead and Email a Physics Department or your Local Elementary School Science Department and lets find out for sure.

Please provide Contact Information with response.

Thanks

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service

You seem to think that if science is proved wrong the whole house of cards falls. 

We have different definitions of what "science" is.  I'm only trying to bring the Fallacious "Science" House of Cards down....you know the one: the One that says there is NO GOD.

Science does not care about God - science is a tool like a wrench.  Science is what can be observed.  If humans want to quibble over what humans don't understand, it does not change sceince, but we do know the corona is hotter than the photosphere, and we will probably know why eventually just like all the other "mysteries" we've found out that haven't disproved God. 

Proving failure is what science is all about.

That's what it is supposed to be....but it's not.   Please review Ad Hoc Hypothesis in depth.

No, it is not applicable here.

You are religon.

What does this mean?

It means you are answers without question.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  69
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

OK, what's your alternative?  You have some explanation of how the sun works?  Do we throw all our knowledge away and start over?

=====================================================================================================

Jerry, Re-Read the OP, I Outlined what the "Alternative" is.

Do we throw all our knowledge away and start over?

YES.  But that's not gonna happen.  The Big Bang will not be undone:  SEE Satan Discussion with LFA.

Enoch is it not God who 'blinds' those who chose do not believe in Him,and love Him,so that what is obvious to the enlightened,is not to those who do not have the gift oooof the Holy Spirit ?

Perhaps you can help me with the bible here,as I would need to look it up on the net.

============================================================================

Science does not care about God

Well Yes, Secular Science does not and I posted this to you on many threads without any comment; and you avoided it again.....

The Irony turns into a Full Blown Contradiction, How?  Well "Naturalistic" explanations are Material....and Knowledge is SUPERNATURAL.  You can't put Information >>>>> Knowledge >>>>>> or TRUTH in a Jar and Paint it RED........

It's tantamount to trying to discover what we breathe...... but, "a priori" excluding AIR from the choices....and breathing it all while refusing to acknowledge its Existence!!!!!

Any comment?

science is a tool like a wrench.

Yes....for Satan.

but we do know the corona is hotter than the photosphere, and we will probably know why eventually

Yes, They Know Why....and You provided a Source Stating Why :huh: ??  That "why" is what my OP is all about.......PLASMA.

And your "probably know why eventually" is a Logical Fallacy:  Argument to the Future, http://www.don-lindsay-archive.org/skeptic/arguments.html#future

It means you are answers without question.

I have questions...then I "go-a-searchin" for the answers.

=============================================================================

Enoch is it not God who 'blinds' those who chose do not believe in Him,and love Him,so that what is obvious to the enlightened,is not to those who do not have the gift oooof the Holy Spirit ?

Yes, there are Scriptures that speak to this

Perhaps you can help me with the bible here,as I would need to look it up on the net.

(Romans 1:21-24) "Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.  {22} Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,  {23} And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.  {24} Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:"

OK, what's your alternative?  You have some explanation of how the sun works?  Do we throw all our knowledge away and start over?

=====================================================================================================

Jerry, Re-Read the OP, I Outlined what the "Alternative" is.

Do we throw all our knowledge away and start over?

YES.  But that's not gonna happen.  The Big Bang will not be undone:  SEE Satan Discussion with LFA.

I can help with grammar.  Single space after commas. 

I can help with grammar.  Single space after commas. 

========================================================================

Jerry are you the Punctuation Police ?? :)   Don't chase Organic Medicine off

Science does not care about God

Well Yes, Secular Science does not and I posted this to you on many threads without any comment; and you avoided it again.....

The Irony turns into a Full Blown Contradiction, How?  Well "Naturalistic" explanations are Material....and Knowledge is SUPERNATURAL.  You can't put Information >>>>> Knowledge >>>>>> or TRUTH in a Jar and Paint it RED........

Any comment?

irrelevant, unrelated, and scientifically inconsequential to our discussion.

science is a tool like a wrench.

Yes....for Satan.

Science does  not care about satan either.