• Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Self Magazine Sorry for Mocking Cancer Survivor's Marathon Tutu

By Elise Solé, Shine Staff  – Thu, Mar 27, 2014 2:14 PM EDT

<snip>

A few months ago, the magazine had reached out to Allen after spotting a Facebook photo of her running the 2013 Los Angeles Marathon dressed as Wonder Woman and wearing a tutu. Allen makes the tutus for her company, Glam Runner, which donates money to various charities, including ones that research brain cancer — a disease Allen was diagnosed with in 2012. The day she ran that marathon "was an important day, because it was the first time I raced after being diagnosed with cancer,” Allen, 35, a marketing manager in San Diego, Calif., tells Yahoo Shine. She ran the race in between rounds of chemotherapy.

The Self photo editor who emailed her had explained that the magazine was doing a write-up on the trend of women running marathons while wearing tutus. “I emailed her the photo, but I was shocked when the issue came out,” says Allen.

The image ran in a section of the magazine called “The BS Meter” with the following caption: "A racing tutu epidemic has struck NYC's Central Park, and it's all because people think these froufrou skirts make you run faster. Now, if you told us they made people run from you faster, maybe we would believe it.”

Full report here

~~~~

I posted this for two reasons:

1. It is easy for anyone to fall into the attitude of judgment based on appearances without knowing the story behind the appearance. This is such a case.

2. The "Tutu proclamation" is pretty cool!

Have You Grown A Little Nest Egg By Trading In Love For The Life Of The Snark

And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. Matthew 24:12

Get Jesus And Be Born Again

A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. Ezekiel 36:26