rebellious teen

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  57
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Nathan, your words are encouraging and enlightening, and should be read by all parents. It gives us a look into the life of a teenager, and helps us to examine our relationship with our children, thank you, I appreciate your honesty.

Annette, will pray for this situation, and I agree that reading the Word at this point is critical, He will help you trust Him more, just ask.

Love Quizzy

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  885
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  05/23/1986

I went through the same thing with my son.  He said he wanted to be emancipated.  He was unruly and driving everyone nuts.

I told him to hire him a lawyer and go for it.  In the meantime he needed to find an apartment and obtain transportation for himself so that he could get to a job to support himself. 

His jaw dropped in shock.  He could not afford a piece of gum,  let alone a lawyer.  He had expected me to become all upset and beg him to reconsider.  When I did not he backed off.  It's much like when a small child says they are planning to run away and your response is "I'll help you pack."  Such things are usually said to evoke a certain reaction and when that reaction is not forthcoming,  the child ususally backs down.

When this boy became 18 he continued to be unruly...so I emancipated him myself.  In short,  I put him out of the house.  It took all of two weeks until his friends were tired of him being at their home and he came begging us to let him come home...accepting any rules we laid down.  He grew up a lot then.

Now he is grown and married and is doing fine.  I am very proud of him.

It comes down to one thing.  It is your house.  Be in control.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm a teenager and if have to say, if it was me this would be a very effective wake-up call! Saying that, I get on well with my parents and they would never have the need to do anything like that to me!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  228
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

Red

May God bless you for getting along with your parents. :emot-highfive:

I know it's a lot my fault with my son. I was too young & selfish when he was born.

Keep loving your parents.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  885
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  05/23/1986

Red

May God bless you for getting along with your parents. :emot-highfive:

I know it's a lot my fault with my son.  I was too young & selfish when he was born.

Keep loving your parents.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I plan too! :wub:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  407
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

I called and pleaded with my parents to send me bus fare, which my mom was ready to do, when all of a sudden dad took the phone. "How did you get there?" he demanded. I hitch-hiked. "Well, you can dam# well hitch-hike home too! I'm not sending you any money." Dad, I'm hungry! "Hitch-hike fast; dinner's almost ready." ---click.

That was the coolest thing I've read in many a moon! :emot-highfive::wub::)

What a great dad!

warm regards

-bud