Guest P_W

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

I was noticing a couple of months ago, that Pastor George Wright of the Junction City (KS) Calvary Baptist Church had passed away in 2012.  This man of God, helped me so much to grow in Jesus Christ, I remember this man teaching us that if you wanted to argue with him over Bible issues, you had better be able to give him the address, so he could see it for himself.  And because of this I have had friends often call me a walking Bible.

But more than anything this great Saint of God, after one of his church members had the boldness to tell me I was a sinner and needed Jesus Christ, and I thought I was just as good as anybody else.  Stood his ground, as I belittled him; but his strong faith, and God guidance finally reveal to me that yes indeed I was a great sinner in need of Jesus Christ.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

I also did not grow up in a Christian home. I did receive a fairly solid education in the OT from my father.  I was also challenged with many questions from people in the synagogue who had me searching the OT scriptures.

I was a Christian for many years, but as someone said, there are not many mentors. Especially for women. I met a wonderful elder man on the internet who was dedicated to serving the Lord as an evangelist to the Jewish people.  In his travels, he was somewhat close to where I lived, so we met in person. He taught me many things, had me come to his home for classes, encouraged me to take seminary classes to be more familiar with the various theologies within Christianity, as well as Christian history, etc. But most of all, despite being somewhat well known in certain Christian circles, I found him to be very open in the positive things of his life, as well as the mistakes he had made. He was humble, and I learned much from him. He passed away a few years ago, and I do miss him, (as does my husband who he also influenced and taught.) Many times we come across something and remember what Moishe said or did in those situations.