IGNORED

The Shemittah Years - 2001/2008/2014-15

Guest DRS81

Guest DRS81

1. The previous Blood Moon Tetrads had correlations in some way with major events dealing with the Jews (i.e. expulsion from Spain) and more recently Israel (i.e. The 6 Day War). So, one can expect to see something significant happening with Israel. Fine. But to tie the Blood Moon Tetrads with the Rapture? No.

2. Didn't occur until after.

The War of Independence — 1948

• Passover, April 13, 1949
  • Sukkoth, Oct. 7, 1949
  • Passover, April 2, 1950
  • Sukkoth, Sept. 26, 1950

The War of Independence began the year before the first of the Blood Moons.

3. I appreciate that you regard John Hagee is a great Bible Teacher, but I have known many teachers of the Bible who back the things they say with Scripture, yet their handling of the Scripture was wrong.

I do not disagree with all things Hagee preaches, but I don't regard all things he says and does as ultimate truth either.

I am tired of men being put on such pedestals. That is all.

1. I can agree with you about the rapture and blood moons, but c'mon. How can a christian not think about it or look up to our redemption?? It's interesting, and that's all I'm saying. We're living in very unique and interesting times. Why rule the rapture out completely? Why are you so certain.

2. So what, that doesn't specify the reasons behind God's timing. It also reminds me of Luke 16:31 "He said to him, 'If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.'"....and also I haven't even gotten to the blood moon chapters in the book yet. I'm still reading. You're not looking for the deeper meanings because you refuse to read the book.

3. You're judging a book you haven't even read yet!!!!!!!!! You're not fit to judge anything until you read the source.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

1. I can agree with you about the rapture and blood moons, but c'mon. How can a christian not think about it or look up to our redemption?? It's interesting, and that's all I'm saying. We're living in very unique and interesting times. Why rule the rapture out completely? Why are you so certain.

2. So what, that doesn't specify the reasons behind God's timing. It also reminds me of Luke 16:31 "He said to him, 'If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.'"....and also I haven't even gotten to the blood moon chapters in the book yet. I'm still reading. You're not looking for the deeper meanings because you refuse to read the book.

3. You're judging a book you haven't even read yet!!!!!!!!! You're not fit to judge anything until you read the source.

At the Garden of Gethsemane, was Jesus feeling excited about the resurrection, or was He overwhelmed by what He had to go through first? 

I have friends living in Israel. If there is another war, they will be stuck in it. And the way things are, I am not too sure the US government will be backing Israel in any way. Should I feel excited about the consequences to us if we turn our backs on Israel?

Sure, once it is all over, I can rejoice at what God has done. But the between now and then may not be a pleasant ride.

Really, the only reason I posted in this thread was because I wanted to know what the "Shemittah Years" (definition) were. If you had provided me with the definition from the start, you wouldn't have to be having your peace broken with this debate. I would have thanked you for the understanding and moved on.

But anyway, I'm going on vacation for Spring Break, and I have not had time to read any books in a long time. So, I'll take my leave from this thread.

I am sorry I cannot share in your joy the way you see it.

Guest DRS81

At the Garden of Gethsemane, was Jesus feeling excited about the resurrection, or was He overwhelmed by what He had to go through first? 

I have friends living in Israel. If there is another war, they will be stuck in it. And the way things are, I am not too sure the US government will be backing Israel in any way. Should I feel excited about the consequences to us if we turn our backs on Israel?

Sure, once it is all over, I can rejoice at what God has done. But the between now and then may not be a pleasant ride.

Really, the only reason I posted in this thread was because I wanted to know what the "Shemittah Years" (definition) were. If you had provided me with the definition from the start, you wouldn't have to be having your peace broken with this debate. I would have thanked you for the understanding and moved on.

But anyway, I'm going on vacation for Spring Break, and I have not had time to read any books in a long time. So, I'll take my leave from this thread.

I am sorry I cannot share in your joy the way you see it.

When I say 'excited', I'm referring to the end times getting closer. I understand that "all these (bad) things" must pass in order to see God. I'm not debating that. The US government backing Israel?? What are you talking about nebula. God himself will protect Israel, not the us government. The US government is about as useless as the bugs under my shoe. Feel excited that God has Israel's back on everything! People might turn their backs on Israel, but not God. Have comfort in that!

Christians have been debating on whether the rapture will happen pre-trib or post-trib or whatever for centuries. I understand that you might be worried about WWIII, but knowing that God is in control of his church and people brings me comfort. Comparing the brutal death of Jesus and blood shed he went through to the persecution of Christians today is a far reach...thus the simpson tv show, lol. I will admit the persecution is far worse in other countries, but it cannot be compared to Jesus dying for all sins.

Spring Break? If I may ask, are you in your early twenties? - DRS81

When I say 'excited', I'm referring to the end times getting closer. I understand that "all these (bad) things" must pass in order to see God. I'm not debating that. The US government backing Israel?? What are you talking about nebula. God himself will protect Israel, not the us government. The US government is about as useless as the bugs under my shoe. Feel excited that God has Israel's back on everything! People might turn their backs on Israel, but not God. Have comfort in that!

Christians have been debating on whether the rapture will happen pre-trib or post-trib or whatever for centuries. I understand that you might be worried about WWIII, but knowing that God is in control of his church and people brings me comfort. Comparing the brutal death of Jesus and blood shed he went through to the persecution of Christians today is a far reach...thus the simpson tv show, lol. I will admit the persecution is far worse in other countries, but it cannot be compared to Jesus dying for all sins.

Spring Break? If I may ask, are you in your early twenties? - DRS81

No, much older. I teach at a community college.

But the US turning its back on Israel can have consequences for us, that is what I mean. "Those who curse you...." you know?

Yes, God is in control. That does not mean we will not go through suffering and hardship and pain. Yes, many years ago I wouldn't have cared that there would be suffering to endure, but after years of breaking and molding, I don't think lightly of such anymore.

But back to the 7 years thing this thread is about. The two events you mentioned were bad things that happened to the US. I live near enough D.C. that something "bad" happening there could have a direct impact on me and/or people that I know. Do you remember "the DC Sniper"? (It turned out to be two Muslim males.) I lived through that directly. Do you know how it feels to pump gas into your car wondering if you are going to soon be on the ground in pain and bleeding from a sniper shot? (Very few people died instant deaths.)

Again, I am sorry I cannot share your excitement.

Guest DRS81

No, much older. I teach at a community college.

But the US turning its back on Israel can have consequences for us, that is what I mean. "Those who curse you...." you know?

Yes, God is in control. That does not mean we will not go through suffering and hardship and pain. Yes, many years ago I wouldn't have cared that there would be suffering to endure, but after years of breaking and molding, I don't think lightly of such anymore.

But back to the 7 years thing this thread is about. The two events you mentioned were bad things that happened to the US. I live near enough D.C. that something "bad" happening there could have a direct impact on me and/or people that I know. Do you remember "the DC Sniper"? (It turned out to be two Muslim males.) I lived through that directly. Do you know how it feels to pump gas into your car wondering if you are going to soon be on the ground in pain and bleeding from a sniper shot? (Very few people died instant deaths.)

Again, I am sorry I cannot share your excitement.

Yes the US turning its back is not good. That's why there's a major call for repentance. In regards to excitement, I just don't understand why you're not thirsty for knowledge of God. Reading christian books helps to gain knowledge, and you just don't care. It bothers me a little bit. Are you a born again Christian nebula? Like for example, you might as well be a teenage girl who cares more about the next Brittany Spears concert than learn about God. That's what I'm getting out of you. Am I wrong? Why don't you care to read a book about the four blood moons that is right in our backyards. Are you the least bit interested in what the author has to say? Being that the blood moons are in connection to scripture and Israel. I understand you can't share your excitement, but why?..aside from bad things happening. You said you had friends who live in Israel for crying out loud.

Yes the US turning its back is not good. That's why there's a major call for repentance. In regards to excitement, I just don't understand why you're not thirsty for knowledge of God. Reading christian books helps to gain knowledge, and you just don't care. It bothers me a little bit. Are you a born again Christian nebula? Like for example, you might as well be a teenage girl who cares more about the next Brittany Spears concert than learn about God. That's what I'm getting out of you. Am I wrong? Why don't you care to read a book about the four blood moons that is right in our backyards. Are you the least bit interested in what the author has to say? Being that the blood moons are in connection to scripture and Israel. I understand you can't share your excitement, but why?..aside from bad things happening. You said you had friends who live in Israel for crying out loud.

OK, I don't know whether to laugh or puke. Brittany Spears????? Just because I have become exhausted of all the "prophetic" claims and this person's or that person's insistence on interpretations, you believe I don't care about God? Because I have been through the fire, been crushed, been broken, and no longer have "romantic" notions about the End Times, you think I do not thirst for knowledge of God?

Either you have a serious misjudging problem or you have a gross manipulation problem.

I'll go back to being excited about the salvation of souls, God being revealed in people, the healing of inner wounds, spiritual growth, and the like, and leave you to enjoy gazing into the sky for Christ's return.

Guest DRS81

OK, I don't know whether to laugh or puke. Brittany Spears????? Just because I have become exhausted of all the "prophetic" claims and this person's or that person's insistence on interpretations, you believe I don't care about God? Because I have been through the fire, been crushed, been broken, and no longer have "romantic" notions about the End Times, you think I do not thirst for knowledge of God?

Either you have a serious misjudging problem or you have a gross manipulation problem.

I'll go back to being excited about the salvation of souls, God being revealed in people, the healing of inner wounds, spiritual growth, and the like, and leave you to enjoy gazing into the sky for Christ's return.

But nebula, understanding end times prophecy (or at least wanting to try to understand) is also 'understanding' the times we are living in, where we are on God's timetable and calendar. Salvation of souls, growth and all else you mentioned is just half of it. There's also a prophecy that goes by the name of Gog-Magog War in Ezekiel 38 & 39 that hasn't come to pass yet. It involves Germany, Russia, Iran, Ethiopia, Libya, Turkey and Persia. You ever wonder why Russia and Iran and Libya are always in the news now? Do you see what I'm getting at? Combine that with the fact that the blood moons have only occurred three times in the last 500 years is pretty remarkable, plus they're also landing on Jewish holidays. I'm not even saying "be interested in the rapture or look up", rather I'm trying to help you understand the significance of what were talking about here. Just to acknowledge it, but you keep brushing it off because you're tired of hearing about it? If you're tired now then I dunno.....

Dude, you are acting like I haven't been exposed to any of these things, or haven't read what others posted here or on FaceBook, or haven't talked about these things with Christian fellowships I go to.

Oy.

Really, convincing me that I have to read this particular book in order to be spiritual or to be informed or know God or whatever is pretty lame.

I'm glad you are excited about Hagee and about his book. Please cease from manipulation.

Now, I'm going to bed and I'm leaving tomorrow.

Perhaps someone else will respond to you then.

Guest DRS81

- The occurrence of a lunar eclipse is common

- The occurrence of a total lunar eclipse is less common

- The occurrence of a Tetrad or four consecutive Blood Moons (total lunar eclipses) is rare

- The occurrence of a Tetrad with a total solar eclipse within its series is very rare

- A Tetrad with a total solar eclipse that is significant to Israel's history and the Jewish Feasts is very, very rare

- The occurrence of a Tetrad with a total solar eclipse historically significant to Israel and Jewish Feasts that includes a Shemittah year within its series is very, very, very rare
- But a Tetrad with a total solar eclipse, historically significant to Israel and falling on the Jewish Feasts with a Shemittah year that corresponds with the Feast of Trumpets (the Jewish New Year) within its series is astronomically rare!

From the book, the Four Blood Moons by John Hagee

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

- The occurrence of a lunar eclipse is common

- The occurrence of a total lunar eclipse is less common

- The occurrence of a Tetrad or four consecutive Blood Moons (total lunar eclipses) is rare

- The occurrence of a Tetrad with a total solar eclipse within its series is very rare

- A Tetrad with a total solar eclipse that is significant to Israel's history and the Jewish Feasts is very, very rare

- The occurrence of a Tetrad with a total solar eclipse historically significant to Israel and Jewish Feasts that includes a Shemittah year within its series is very, very, very rare

- But a Tetrad with a total solar eclipse, historically significant to Israel and falling on the Jewish Feasts with a Shemittah year that corresponds with the Feast of Trumpets (the Jewish New Year) within its series is astronomically rare!

From the book, the Four Blood Moons by John Hagee

Honestly, I'm not aware of any Bible prophecy that mentions anything about a (tetrad or series) of blood moons specifically. Prophecies are generally very specific, so that when they are fulfilled we can be certain. Now we have everyone talking about the blood moons, but no one is certain of what event could happen or which prophecy to tie them to. The tetrad blood moons in the past have seemed to occur a year or so later, after a particular event happens, so this series appears to be different in that respect, because now we have the moons appearing before the event.

I'm not sure they really have any significance, but we are ripe for the Psalm 83/Isaiah 17 war and Daniel's 70th week could begin anytime. So I would imagine that if either of these happen anytime soon, people will more than likely try to tie it to the blood moons. Of course, there is no denying that significant events have occurred pretty close to the blood moons, but not close enough for my liking. It's not like the darkness and the earthquake that shook the earth the day they crucified Christ.

So the jury is going to be out on this one, even if something does happen a few months or a year after. No one will be able to prove anything, because it is not written.

Cheers