IGNORED

Need help bad.

Guest Nathan12

Guest Nathan12

Hey, I am a freshman in high school and I have this problem. There is this one girl who I really really like a lot. We met in school and our relationship hasn't been all that great we are not together right now, haven't been for about a year I haven't talked to her in about eight months. I think about her every day and every night...literally. I read in another christian forum that it just might be a infatuation or something I don't really understand it. I feel like an idiot I don't usually don't have this much difficulty understanding things. But this, I don't know whats going on with me. Like I said I haven't talked to her in EIGHT months and I literally think about her day and night and it hurts to think about her. I just talked to her the other day actually but since then its been about eight months anyway, thats just how long i've talked to her....i've had feeling like this for her for about 5 years straight non-stop. Can anyone give me any serious REAL advice??Thanks.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  227
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,004
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/31/1906

Nathan, can I ask you a question? Is this girl taking your focus off your walk with the Lord? If she is, then I would encourage you to seek from the Lord what you would seek from this girl. Ask the Lord to take care of your desires and needs, even if they are friendship and love. Seek Him first and let Him take care of your feelings for her.

With much agape love

YSIC

Faithie

Guest Nathan12

No she doesn't interfere. I think about her a lot, I pray for her,I don't think I'm putting her before god because I don't have any contact with her and haven't for a long time. When I first started dating her I was really young and I didn't really understand god like I do now and looking back I didn't pray much or anything although the school I met her at was a christian school. But I was young. We both knew her parents were against her dating ANYONE but we didn't care. I guess i'm just paying for my sins. I cant let her go I want to be with her too much.

Guest CaraStar7

allright let see it seems that you have a simple case of LOVE. lol. And if your thining can love last this long and can love ahppen so young. Yes it can. See you dont have someone else to get her off of your mind you probbaly think she is the only one for you and there is no one else because you haven't meet her yet. I feel the samn way about my X.... (I lost my one and only type of thing). My advice to you would be to accpet that you cant have her bury the things that make you reminded of her and open your mind to the possiblilty that she is not the one or she would be with you. Does she think of you the way you think of her? ask yourself. The stress you put yourself under over her is not worth it and there is better things your mind could be thining of day and night..literally. lol.. I know its hard its called being blind in love but you just gotta try and push and be persistant or youll drown in the sorrow of never havening her. And honey please dont do that we need you here with us spreading the word in these tuff times.. :) I totally understand. But all things happen for a reason. Trust the Lord, pray and it will be allright. :wub:

Love Cara :wub:

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,063
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  1

Dear Nathan12,

This is just my opinion. You don't have to accept it if you dislike it. DISCLAIMER: I am not a christian.

Hey, I am a freshman in high school and I have this problem

i've had feeling like this for her for about 5 years straight non-stop.

Let's do the math. If you are a freshman in HS, you are now about 14 years old. If you have been having these feelings for her for about 5 years straight, that would mean you have been having these feelings since you were 9 years old.

I think this is probably not love, but a case of infatuation. I think the best thing for you to do would be to stop obsessing, and expand your social circle. Mingle more, enjoy your youth. If it is love, she will find a way to you. If she doesn't, it is not meant to be.

Regards,

UndecidedFrog

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Sorry but I think your just a tad to young to be thinking about this yet. God first and foremost, then an education then worry about "this" girl. :emot-hug:

Edited by Rustyangel

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

I agree with Rusty. At your age I think calling what you're feeling love is a bit premature. No offense! I'm not trying to say that you don't feel strongly for this girl. Your feelings are very valid!

I think it's a crush. They don't call them "crushes" for nothing! :thumbsup:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  669
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  09/04/1986

you are very young. I think it is probably infatuation, not that it can't be love, but it sounds like she is consuming your life wayyy to much. I kinda had the same thing happen to me. There was this guy in my life, and I thought about him day and night for about...5 years. We were together for a little while.. then broke up.. then somehow he kept kinda stringing me along.. until I finally said "ENOUGH" (to myself). I broke off contact with him, we didn't hang out or anything anymore. I still saw him once in a while, but it wasn't the same thing. It took me almost 2 years to get over that.. I had to focus on God, and everytime this guy started coming into my mind, I had to pray, and ask God to take my focus somewhere else. I had to realize this guy didn't LOVE me. Finally about 6 months after that I met the man I'm now married to, and he became my best friend and helped me through all of that. But, God was so awesome I was so at peace after my decision to make those thoughts about that other guy go away, and God helped me with that.

I am married to my husband for 6 months now! and we are expecting our first baby!

You can still pray for that girl, but don't let her consume every thought day and night. You are very young to even be thinking about dating. Why would you date at that age? With the intention to get married? Since that isn't plausible at your age, dating isn't really a good idea.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

hey there Nathan,

I agree with Keith and Rusty, cuz at your age you are just starting ur life and "this" girl or what ever how you want to call. First you have to focus on God and then everything will fall into right path. From my own experience I want to say that you should just focus on God and he will show you the right person.

hope that you will understand.

God Bless You.

Guest bigdirtygmc

I agree with the rest, your a little young, But i understand I was the same way for along time with one of my old girlfriends. We went out for about a year, and then broke up on good terms. We'll i couldn't get her off my mind i was the same way, this is what you call first love. I have been married for about 5 yrs now haven't talked to this girl in 3 yrs haven't seen her in 2 but i still think of her and wonder how she is what she doing. I still care for her but in no way is it an attraction. Your still young you will move on i promise, it might suck right now but give it some time your heart will change. Rember as well as men " we are hunters" we want what we cant have and the harder it is to get the more we want it. I look back in my life on that girl, an think "she's the one that got away" but i wouldn't change anything that has happened in my life. Good Luck Brother it's going to be tough