IGNORED

The Speed of Light

There is no raw (uninterpreted) scientific observation undermining the possibility of the existence of God.

....Not looking to undermine God, but to prove Him....

....otherwise, you are attacking the scientific method....

~

Poking Around In The Dirt

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. John 6:63

Looking For The Love

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Of God Almighty

The Lord appeared to us in the past, saying:“I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness. Jeremiah 31:3

Beloved, Is That Really Rational?

~

Dear Jerry, Both You And Science (So Called)

O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called: 1 Timothy 6:20

Will Have No Excuse

For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: 2 Peter 3:5-6

Not Even

If anyone hears My sayings and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world, but to save the world. “He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day.

“For I did not speak on My own initiative, but the Father Himself who sent Me has given Me a commandment as to what to say and what to speak. “I know that His commandment is eternal life; therefore the things I speak, I speak just as the Father has told Me.” John 12:47-5o (NASB)

A Whispered

that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Philippians 2:10-11

No~!

~

Believe

He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: John 1:10-12

And Be Blessed Beloved

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

....attacking the scientific method....

:)

The Modern Scientism Method

But they hearkened not, nor inclined their ear, but walked in the counsels and in the imagination of their evil heart, and went backward, and not forward. Jeremiah 7:24

Directly Observing ~ Time Plus Nothing Equals Everything

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. he same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. John 1:1-3

Directly Measuring ~ Water Plus Rock Stirred With Lots Of Time Equals Life

And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so. And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And the evening and the morning were the third day. Genesis 1:11-13

And Real Time Repeating ~ Abracadabra, Hocus  Pocus, We Did It Again 

For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit. Isaiah 14:13-15

~

Beloved The Truth

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Is Both Rational

Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. Isaiah 1:18

And It Is Love

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Love, Joe

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  588
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/12/1969

There is no raw (uninterpreted) scientific observation undermining the possibility of the existence of God.

Not looking to undermine God, but to prove Him.  If you can have a mathematical equation that points to a ~6,000-10,000 year-old earth, that would go a long way...otherwise, you are attacking the scientific method.  If you can't come up with that, no problem really because God is all about faith.  We just look foolish when when we use natural science to explain a supernatural God.

~

Pocking Around In The Dirt

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. John 6:63

For The Love

Of God

The Lord appeared to us in the past, saying:“I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness. Jeremiah 31:3

Beloved, Is That Really Rational?

~

Dear Jerry, Both You And Science (So Called)

O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called: 1 Timothy 6:20

Will Have No Excuse

For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: 2 Peter 3:5-6

Not Even

If anyone hears My sayings and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world, but to save the world. “He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day.

“For I did not speak on My own initiative, but the Father Himself who sent Me has given Me a commandment as to what to say and what to speak. “I know that His commandment is eternal life; therefore the things I speak, I speak just as the Father has told Me.” John 12:47-5o (NASB)

A Whispered

that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Philippians 2:10-11

No~!

~

Believe

He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: John 1:10-12

And Be Blessed Beloved

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

Jesus will value my inquisitive, loving mind...even if  some here are can't uderstand it...

Guest shiloh357

Not looking to undermine God, but to prove Him.  If you can have a mathematical equation that points to a ~6,000-10,000 year-old earth, that would go a long way...otherwise, you are attacking the scientific method.  If you can't come up with that, no problem really because God is all about faith.  We just look foolish when when we use natural science to explain a supernatural God.

the scientific method is worthless at determining the age of the earth, unless you replicate the creation of the earth in a laboratory several hundred times.

the scientific method is worthless at determining the age of the earth, unless you replicate the creation of the earth in a laboratory several hundred times.

You do not understand the scientific method even though you benefit from its application.  Dogma is powerful - I've been praying for you.

Edited by jerryR34

Guest shiloh357

You do not understand the scientific method even though you benefit from its application.  Dogma is powerful - I've been praying for you.

I understand the scientific method is based on observation and experimentation.   The scientific method is based on falsifying a hypothesis which is impossible when you are talking about an historical event such as the creation of the earth. 

I don't need the prayers of a nonChristian like yourself, so don't bother.

Research

These were more noble than those in Thessalonica,

in that they received the word with all readiness of mind,

and searched the scriptures daily,

whether those things were so. Acts 17:11

Research

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160

~

Jesus will value my inquisitive, loving mind...

even if some here can't understand it...

:thumbsup:

Beloved

For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect. Mark 13:22

Sure You Got

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. John 1:1-3

The Right Jesus?

And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. Revelation 20:11

And If You

For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. Colossians 1:16-17

Do,

Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost. 1 Corinthians 12:3

Beloved

What if some were unfaithful? Will their unfaithfulness nullify God’s faithfulness? Not at all! Let God be true, and every human being a liar. As it is written:“So that you may be proved right when you speak and prevail when you judge.” Romans 3:3-4 (NIV)

Hang

Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God? 1 John 5:5

On

He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. 1 John 5:10

Hang On

Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen. Jude 1:24-25

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Some Say Ought,

Most Will Say Naught

But I Say, It's By His Holy Word That I'm taught

The Bible  contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers.

Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy.

It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler's map, the pilgrim's staff, the pilot's compass, the soldier's sword, and the Christian's charter.

Here Paradise is restored, Heaven opened, and the gates of hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end.

It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet.

Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.

It is a mine of wealth, a Paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given to you in life, will be open in the judgment, and be remembered forever.

It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and condemns all who trifle with its holy precepts.

From The Front Of My Gideon New Testament

I don't need the prayers of a nonChristian like yourself, so don't bother.

Everyone needs prayers.

You do not understand the scientific method

even though you benefit from its application. 

Dogma is powerful -

I've been praying for you.

~

Everyone needs prayers.

~

Beloved Yes!

Let all the earth fear the LORD: let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him. For he spake, and it was done; he commanded, and it stood fast. Psalms 33:8-9

Yes The Dogmas Of Sinners Are Very Powerful And Dangerous

Yea, hath God said, Genesis 3:1(c )

And Although Indeed I Do Benefit From The Creator's Creation

And I will establish my covenant with you; neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth.

And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations:

I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.

And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud:

And I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh.

And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth.

And God said unto Noah, This is the token of the covenant, which I have established between me and all flesh that is upon the earth. Genesis 9:11-17

I Neither Benefit From Prayers To It

Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen. 1 John 5:21

Nor From Prayers To Men

Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD. Jeremiah 17:5

Prayers To Their

"Woe to the one who quarrels with his Maker-- An earthenware vessel among the vessels of earth! Will the clay say to the potter, 'What are you doing?' Or the thing you are making say, 'He has no hands '? Isaiah 45:9 (NASB)

Mockeries

How foolish can you be? He is the Potter, and he is certainly greater than you, the clay! Should the created thing say of the one who made it, "He didn't make me"? Does a jar ever say, "The potter who made me is stupid"? Isaiah 29:16 (NLT)

~

Believe

And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God. Luke 4:4

And Be Blessed Beloved

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  261
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  1

Don't forget that Copernicus didn't publish his book on Heliocentric Theory during his life but instead chose not to have it published until after his death. This was because he feared the criticism he would have received from the Church, although he was a devout Christian himself.  They mistakenly believed the Bible expressed that the Earth was the center of the universe and the Sun revolved around it and anyone who thought any different must be the sworn enemy of God or just a fool. Now God is not just the author of Biblical Truth but the author of all truth and the author of Science itself. 

Eight years after his death Copernicus' book was finally published. Now when Galileo started to teach the reality of Copernican theory, and advanced it further by his methods involving the telescope, he was roundly condemned by Catholics and Protestants alike.  Even before Galileo a Dominican, Giovanni Tolsani, accused Copernicus of lapsing into error not being as versed as he was in logic and physics.  Coming out in a sermon on Genesis against Galileo John Calvin stated, "Indeed we are not ignorant that the circuit of the heavens is finite, and that the earth, like a little globe, is placed in its center."  

My point here is that many astute men who studied long and hard in the Word have been found to be soundly incorrect about what the Bible actually has to say.  That doesn't mean they didn't exact great truths out of the Word but know this, all men are fallible and imperfect in their understanding of God when they resort to their own understanding.  The Bible for one never stated that the sun and the heaven revolve around the earth.  That was sheer incorrect interpretation. 

It is also my humble opinion that the Bible doesn't state the seven days of creation are seven solar days either. In fact they very well imply they actually have nothing to do with a solar day, since the Sun itself wasn't created until the 4th day.  Now I believe most heartedly in the seven days of God's creation but for those first three days the light that bathed the earth was certainly not coming from the Sun but implies that God Himself was light & life to the earth. In case you think that sounds completely wacky, just look up Revelation 22:5 and let me know if you think that light will also be bounded some 24 hour period?  Since the earth was teeming grass, fruit and herbs before the Sun ever was in existence,  I'd say the light which created life was from a much higher source than Solar light, in fact it was from the highest source possible.  I believe it was the glory of Christ that was at work on the earth and those seven days were in God's good time - and completely divorced from the physical entity of Sun and man's understanding of what comprises a day.  After all we all know from the Word of God that a day with the Lord is like a 1000 years or even a simple watch in the night.

In Christ, Patrick

Edited by Macs Son

....I believe it was the glory of Christ that was at work on the earth....

....and it was in God's time....

....not man's timing....

:thumbsup:

In

And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. Genesis 1:3

His Timing

And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever. Revelation 22:5